No more Indiana Jones stunt show? Say it ain't so.

Looking at the map I cannot see how they can make either of these work theme-wise. Maybe if they nuke Backlot Express they can link Indy with the existing Star Wars area without mixing with Echo lake. But Idol? How do you put a Star Wars land in the shadow if the BAH and Chinese Theater? And then what about Sounds Dangerous? It's like when there were rumors that Star Wars would take over the backlot street scenes: and what, they'll nuke the muppets, mama melrose, pizza planet and a bunch of shops? Not likely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Say it isn't so? Give me a break. The wrecking ball should have gone through there years ago.

How many times can you watch it?

I watch it every time we go and some times twice. My little girl likes the movies because they remind her of Disney world. If they do rip it out they should at least give us the ride they have in Disney land for Indy.

My little girl liked the movies too when she was12, she's 45 now.

They were great movies, but 25 years is way too long for that type of attraction to hang around unchanged.

But that goes for a ton of attractions at WDW.

I do agree with that but I hate to see it go. It's still a great movie and better then most of what is produced today.

I like Indy, but I won't miss it too much. I do like that it fits with the theme of the "theme park". Star Tours doesn't fit (though the queue tries), Toy Story doesn't , ToT is tenuous, and of course the BAH is an abomination. The stuff that really fits, the backlot tour and animation studios, have been gutted and should be replaced, and Great Movie Ride is tired and dated. Maybe it's time to completely re-theme the park, maybe break it into genre sections: Sci-Fi (Star Wars), animated (Pixar land), kid's (Disney Junior & relocated Muppets), action (RnR & relocated/rethemed car show), horror (ToT & reincarnated Mr Toad), drama & romance (GMR & Hollywood Blvd). Frankly, the whole park is a mess, it's always been my least favorite, and if they nuked the whole thing I'd only ever miss would be RnR and Osborne. As it sits now, admission should be dropped to about $19.

I like Indy, but I won't miss it too much. I do like that it fits with the theme of the "theme park". Star Tours doesn't fit (though the queue tries), Toy Story doesn't , ToT is tenuous, and of course the BAH is an abomination. The stuff that really fits, the backlot tour and animation studios, have been gutted and should be replaced, and Great Movie Ride is tired and dated. Maybe it's time to completely re-theme the park, maybe break it into genre sections: Sci-Fi (Star Wars), animated (Pixar land), kid's (Disney Junior & relocated Muppets), action (RnR & relocated/rethemed car show), horror (ToT & reincarnated Mr Toad), drama & romance (GMR & Hollywood Blvd). Frankly, the whole park is a mess, it's always been my least favorite, and if they nuked the whole thing I'd only ever miss would be RnR and Osborne. As it sits now, admission should be dropped to about $19.

I agree with you to a point. I think all. 3 parks are quite dated. Some need to stay that way. The MK can't change (at least the rides). They will never get old and people will enjoy them for generations to come. Do I think some of them should change? Yes very much, but like COP, I don't think they will get update it because it was Walts original. I think they could get the urine smell out of it though..lol. As for Epcot, I think when it was built it was a misunderstood park. I hear critics stated back at opening it was nothing but a world fair. I think Epcot is a park that needs to continuously evolve and stay fresh. The future changes rapidly and so should Epcot. HS I agree was a mess from the start. If you watch any of the documentaries it was really a struggling park when it opened. No thrill rides and only a few attractions. The layout IMHO is horrible and unless they do some demolishing of empty attractions they will never fill them. Star Wars land could revive the park and make it real fun. Although it's not like the attendance is down and they are losing money. Field of dreams and Disney have a lot in common, build it and they will come.....no matter what you at giving them. Lol

It is starting to feel like they're "clearing the way" for something.

Question is... what?

The info/rumors that came out of the last D23 Expo seemed to suggest any sort of Star Wars Land would be going in CA, not FL. Connecting Star Tours over to Indy isn't a stretch, but not sure that works all the way over to AIE. 

But if not that... what? 

There have been rumors about a Monsters Inc coaster for years (if you google, something pops up all the way back to 2011), and even a Carsland FL rumor, but that would presumably be an extension of Pixar place, and I'm not sure how they'd connect that over to where AIE and Indy are without cutting off a whole part of the park.

I guess we'll see...

Maybe they should just abandon the theme altogether and rename the park Disney's Florida Adventure. Make the entrance Miami instead of Hollywood (easy enough) and the attractions would all be thrill rides or entertainment related. Seems that's where there headed anyhow while trying to keep this tenuous string of "studios" alive... Kinda.

Oh yeah, don't get me started on FutureWorld! What do Nemo and Soarin' have to do with "the future"? And I love Soarin'!

Maybe they should just abandon the theme altogether and rename the park Disney's Florida Adventure. Make the entrance Miami instead of Hollywood (easy enough) and the attractions would all be thrill rides or entertainment related. Seems that's where there headed anyhow while trying to keep this tenuous string of "studios" alive... Kinda. Oh yeah, don't get me started on FutureWorld! What do Nemo and Soarin' have to do with "the future"? And I love Soarin'! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to say that my fourth favorite part of DHS (after TSM, RnRC, and TOT) was the interaction with the actors on the street.  It was a hoot!

I think I read somewhere that they are going to build  "Avatar!! The Musical" in place of Indy. :rofl3: Just imagine 7 foot tall blue critters tap dancing off the stage and into the audience!

And they are going to flatten Adventureland, Frontierland and Liberty Square to make Frozen World, Land of Ice and $$$, and also a 3 story Cinnamon Bun Stand.

I have to say that my fourth favorite part of DHS (after TSM, RnRC, and TOT) was the interaction with the actors on the street.  It was a hoot!

Well, just think how much more "colorful" the characters will be coming from Miami rather than Hollywood!

Honestly, does anyone think Cars is going to stand the test of time like Star Wars has?

If they put Cars in and not Star Wars, that would be a monumental mistake in my opinion.

I think the Studios theme is fine if the rides are all based off Disney-related movies.

Star Wars Land needs to be built and not just a one ride, one restaurant, one show land. It needs to be epic.....a coaster type ride, a kids ride, a table service, a quick serve, a show......minimum. If youre going to do it, do it right.

A coaster added on to Pixar Place should be next in line....Could be Monster Inc, Radiator Springs, whatever.

Those things together would really add some top tier attractions to draw people away from TSM, RRC, and TOT.

Anything less would be a travesty.

I am fairly certain a fiend posted potential plans in the past that showed Star Tours being connected to Indy area and the existing parking lot which would provide a large area for Star Wars Land......with the parking being moved to another area.

And if Backlot and LMA were removed, you would have a large area for a Pixar Place expansion, whether its Cars land or something else.

Also, ABC is starting there own stupid reality music show this summer, so the American Idol show was bound to get axed.

I think Cars will stand the test of time better than Avatar! And we all see which is going in first! My hope would be that Cars would go in MK to replace the speedway thingy. That is a monumental waste of space. But yeah, I agree, Star Wars deserves as much attention as Harry (I can't believe it's lasted this long) Potter.

I think Cars will stand the test of time better than Avatar!

Not that I'm an any way an Avatar fan, but I disagree.

Once the PR machine kicks in for the Avatar movies, look out for complete immersion.

My hope would be that Cars would go in MK to replace the speedway thingy.

The Tomorrowland Speedway is, and always, has been very popular. I have no clue why.

As an example, right now, the wait time is equal to, or longer, than BTMR, IASW, Buzz Lightyear, JC, HM, and a number of prominent attractions. It's not going anywhere.

Avatar was popular for what, 9 months? Between Cars and Planes they are going strong. Just take a look at the toy aisle. Cars and Planes are everywhere... show me an Avatar toy on sale today. You'll find way more Indy toys than Avatar, as far as that goes.