• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still want the purse.

It was originally the Heritage Shop.  I have a colonial tri-cornered hat and a copy of the Declaration of Independence from there.  They sold patriotic red,white, and blue merchandise.   Smuckers Jams

True.   CM's get paid on Thursday.  Twin #2 is usually out of money by Sunday.   But, she has some cool stuff.   TCD

I was going to post about this, but the boards were down forever so I couldn't. Then I was on a cruise.

But, I am also honored to have been chosen to be one of the opening photographers in this location. One of the items offered is a spirit picture. As a spirit photographer, we use a special camera that captures your inner spirit that is visible in the printed photograph. When you look at the photo, you can see yourself transform into your inner spirit. Its really cool.  

Spirit photo?

Is that what this is?:

101614099_zps4897e61c.jpg

101614100_zps1d7643cf.jpg

TCD

Of course, that goes without saying.

Is this something you pay for to do?

Yes, this there is a special area of the shop set up where guests can have their photos taken. 

It's $21.25 total with tax.  You have to pay first, then bring your receipt to that room.  A CM with an old fashioned camera takes your photo.  After your photo is taken, you stand over by the portrait of Madame Leota  (which is where Twin #2's photo was taken).  When a bell rings, the CM opens a door, and there's your photo.  The whole thing took about 5-10 minutes.  The photo is mounted on a very sturdy piece of foam board.

Pricey, but a very unique souvenir.

And, only one guest per photo.

TCD

I'm an opening team photographer and I didn't even get a freebie.

Something to note, no refunds as it is a personalized product. That's also why there aren't any discounts.

But yes, I am one of the spirit photographers who take these photos. One of only 15 trained. It's a fun unique job and I love working there.

I'm an opening team photographer and I didn't even get a freebie.

Something to note, no refunds as it is a personalized product. That's also why there aren't any discounts.

But yes, I am one of the spirit photographers who take these photos. One of only 15 trained. It's a fun unique job and I love working there.

Very cool, Dave.

It's fun to do.

But, I want to see what happens in between the time a photo is taken and when it pops out over by Madame Leona's portrait.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

The Disney Parks Blog posted some information and photos from the new shop today: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/10/digging-up-details-about-memento-mori-shop-in-magic-kingdom-at-walt-disney-world/

There are already a couple of questions about the Spirit Photo, which have already been answered here on this thread.

Go us.

TCD