See http://www.disneydining.com/new-haunted-mansion-shop-open-fall/

Yankee Trader is closing from 7/7 to 9/30.  Disneydining.com is reporting rumors that it will reopen as a Haunted Mansion merchandise location.  If this is true, I will miss that shop!

Article:

It looks like the rumors of the past may be coming true in October. Lots of new Haunted Mansion merchandise is on the way, but a dedicated location in which to sell it has yet to be announced.

That all may be changing soon as the Yankee Trader in Liberty Square has recently stated that it will be closed from July 7th until September 30th for refurbishing. The Yankee Trader is directly adjacent to the Haunted Mansion. Hmmm.

Rumors are it will opening as a Haunted Mansion merchandise location just before the Walt Disney World Halloween celebrations begin in October.

A line of very popular Haunted Mansion merchandise was released last year to see if guests would buy luxury items based on attractions. The test was so successful that Walt Disney World had a hard time keeping the items in stock.

Over 100 new Haunted Mansion items are expected to arrive at Disney Parks this fall. Sounds like the chances are good Yankee Trader is about to get its ghost on.

The Haunted Mansion in Walt Disney World tells the story of a black widow bride and her many husbands complete with an interactive queue, a stretching room, and the infamous Doom Buggies complete with hitch-hiking ghosts.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still want the purse.

It was originally the Heritage Shop.  I have a colonial tri-cornered hat and a copy of the Declaration of Independence from there.  They sold patriotic red,white, and blue merchandise.   Smuckers Jams

True.   CM's get paid on Thursday.  Twin #2 is usually out of money by Sunday.   But, she has some cool stuff.   TCD

I still want the purse.

Hey you can find them on eBay... for a gazillion dollars.  :(

They never did surface in the parks, and I don't think they made it to DisneyStore.com either.  If they did, they must have sold out instantly.

Isn't that the place that is one big Smucker's ad?

Used to be, but the HM merchandise has been taking over more and more space lately.

I will miss the kitchen stuff - although there's a store in DTD that actually has an even better selection.

I'm all for more HM stuff!

• 1 month later...

It's official!  From the Disney Parks Blog...

HHM996611-613x919.jpg

I’ve enjoyed hearing from guests who are just as excited as me for the new Haunted Mansion products coming this fall to Disney Parks. As it turns out, Madame Leota and the 999 happy haunts from the Haunted Mansion attraction have also received your sympathetic vibrations. This fall, they are gathering to open a new merchandise destination in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom Park in Florida.

The new merchandise shop will be located in the current Yankee Trader shop, which will have its last day of operation on July 27, 2014. Inspired by Madame Leota, the new location will carry select items from the upcoming Haunted Mansion Authentic program including apparel, home goods, souvenirs, and more.

Final arrangements are still being made, so I invite you to keep watching the Disney Parks Blog in the coming months. I can’t wait to share additional details about this new destination for all things Haunted Mansion.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/haunted-mansion-themed-merchandise-shop-opening-this-fall-in-magic-kingdom-park-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Thank you!  I had seen the purse in the other post but blocked it out once I saw the Dooney and Burke label.  Not in my price range, but very cute.

I wish they'd come out with a HM design in something more affordable... kind of like they did with the Small World Le Sportsac bags not too long ago.

Who knows?  Now that they have a shop dedicated to all things Haunted Mansion, I'd imagine there will be plenty of new things popping up.

Was the Yankee Trader original from the park's opening, or was there something else in that space at one time?

It was originally the Heritage Shop.  I have a colonial tri-cornered hat and a copy of the Declaration of Independence from there.  They sold patriotic red,white, and blue merchandise.

Smuckers Jams and Jellies were sold at the Market House on Main Street. (My dad always bought their apricot jelly.)  That is where the Confectionery Store  is now I believe. 

It was originally the Heritage Shop.  I have a colonial tri-cornered hat and a copy of the Declaration of Independence from there.  They sold patriotic red,white, and blue merchandise.

Smuckers Jams and Jellies were sold at the Market House on Main Street. (My dad always bought their apricot jelly.)  That is where the Confectionery Store  is now I believe. 

Good info.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I think I somehow missed this from the Disney Parks Blog a couple of weeks ago...

hmmmmm723511.jpg

A few weeks ago, I announced that a new Haunted Mansion-themed merchandise shop is coming to Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort this fall. This destination will carry an incredible assortment of Haunted Mansion authentic merchandise created especially for Disney Parks (you can see some of those items in this video article. As friendly spirits continue preparing the shop to open in the fall, I caught up with my Walt Disney Imagineering partners who shared some additional details about what guests can expect.

The image shown above is part of the art for the yet-to-be-named location. Look carefully as you may see a familiar looking face in the artwork that is related to the shop’s storyline:

“Rumors have been whispered for years about the little shop that once was the abode of Madame Leota. While she disappeared many years ago, it has been said her visage appears now and then and her voice, carried on the breeze, is sometimes heard, humming a mournful tune.”

When asked about the cast members who will work at this shop, I was told:

“The shop staff is a friendly, if somewhat quiet, group. They go about their duties with a calm and reverent manner but with a knowing glint to their eyes. They are well aware that the locals view the shop with a sense of mystery but come in anyway, hoping to find the perfect memento or to possibly learn about their future or past.”

hmmmmm836992.jpg

Speaking of mementos, I thought you may like to see some additional Haunted Mansion authentic products coming to this location.

I invite you to “hurry back” to the Disney Parks Blog in the coming weeks for more details about this new location.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/details-materialize-about-new-haunted-mansion-themed-shop-coming-to-magic-kingdom-park-this-fall/

• 2 weeks later...

They had a soft opening today!!!  It is now called "Memento Mori" and you can check out lots of photos on WDWMagic with tons of brand-spankin' new merchandise.

(OMG my vacation budget just went out the window)

No word yet on an official opening date.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/shopping/memento-mori/news/01oct2014-photos---first-look-inside-the-new-haunted-mansion-gift-shop---memento-mori.htm

It's officially open!! For you Dooney & Bourke fans, check out the part I bolded in purple.

From the Disney Parks Blog...

MMO88575-613x401.jpg

I’m delighted to announce that Memento Mori, the Haunted Mansion-themed merchandise shop, is officially open in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom Park. You may recall reading about this new location in early September on the Disney Parks Blog. Once considered the abode of Madame Leota, this shop is the destination for a variety of Haunted Mansion Authentic merchandise created especially for Disney Parks.

If you are planning a visit, here are a few important things to know:

• There will be a purchase limit of six items per style, per guest, per day for products carried in the shop.
  • The new Haunted Mansion open edition pins will be carried in both Memento Mori in Liberty Square and Frontier Trading Post in Frontierland.
  • The Haunted Mansion-themed Dooney & Bourke bags will be released in Uptown Jewelers on Main Street, U.S.A. starting on October 6. They will not be found at Memento Mori or at Cherry Tree Lane at the Marketplace Co-Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace. For guests in California, the Dooney & Bourke bags will also be released on Monday, October 6 at Vault 28 in Downtown Disney District. There will be a purchase limit of two items, per style, per guest, per day.

Finally, the Disney Parks online store will also be carrying select items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program beginning on October 6. I invite you to visit http://www.DisneyStore.com/HauntedMansion.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/10/memento-mori-shop-now-open-in-magic-kingdom-park-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

I was going to post about this, but the boards were down forever so I couldn't. Then I was on a cruise.

But, I am also honored to have been chosen to be one of the opening photographers in this location. One of the items offered is a spirit picture. As a spirit photographer, we use a special camera that captures your inner spirit that is visible in the printed photograph. When you look at the photo, you can see yourself transform into your inner spirit. Its really cool.