The WBI Family's Quick Stay at Topsail

IMAG1601.jpg

You gonna give me some of that?  Or, do I have to open a diaper of whoop a$$ on you....

Love the T-shirt.  Happy first Father's Day.

I know I wrote WBI Jr.  You Little WBI.  You have a preference?

I'm in! 
The pictures are all great so far!

You know, I sat and looked at the picture of your borrowed truck trying to figure out what kind of antenna it had on the roof for several minutes. It took far too long to realize it was just a downspout for the gutter on the house... :banghead:

I'm in! 

You know, I sat and looked at the picture of your borrowed truck trying to figure out what kind of antenna it had on the roof for several minutes. It took far too long to realize it was just a downspout for the gutter on the house... :banghead:

That's funny.

We always walk and get away from the crowd on the beach. You don't even have to go far, so I don't get why more people don't do that.

We love Baytowne Warf. It's a great way to spend some time. Fat Tuesdays actually has some reasonable lunch food too.

Yeah I don't get why more people don't walk away from the crowd??

Yeah we really liked Baytown Wharf, I had never heard of it before seeing it in your trip report, then some friends of our went with their entire family last month and they had a blast.

Finally made here.

Never apologize for posting pictures of WBI Jr. In fact you should post a lot more.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind!

I am thinking WBI is going to give Z a run for his money when he gets older.   Happy First Father's Day!

Thank you!

Looks like fun

It was!

I'm in.

WBI Jr is adorable. I don't think you can post too many pix of him.

And again your DW proves that all fiend men marry up.

Thank you!

haha yes I agree, I don't know how but we Fiend men have something figured out.

Happy first Father's Day a little late!

That area is beautiful.

Thank you and it really is!

Looks like you had a great Father's Day.  I also visited a Fat Tuesdays on Father's Day, but mine was the Southernmost.

I've never been to that Wharf area either.  When we get to Seaside, my goal is to not move the car until it's time for us to go home.  If I can't get there by bike, I'm not going.

TCD

I did thanks!

We know that Fat Tuesdays well! I've definitely spent more time at that location than any other, same goes for the southernmost Hog's Breath.

I understand about Seaside and not wanting to drive around. I like sticking to the 30A area, I really didn't like getting into the traffic on 98 close to Destin.

IMAG1601.jpg

You gonna give me some of that?  Or, do I have to open a diaper of whoop a$$ on you....

Love the T-shirt.  Happy first Father's Day.

I know I wrote WBI Jr.  You Little WBI.  You have a preference?

haha great caption!

I don't really have a preference, I think I've called him a few different things in other reports, I need to figure that out I guess.

I'm in! 

Thanks!

I had to go back and look at that picture, and you are right it does look like something on top of the truck.

That's funny.

Yup.

Ok I'm going to try and get another post in.

WBI

Ok picking up where we left off, its still Sunday and we are still at the Wharf area in Sandestin:

IMAG1616.jpg

Family sunglasses selfie:
IMAG1618.jpg

Here's a mermaid wind vane for you:

IMAG1620.jpg

Then we headed back to the camper to relax a while.

IMAG1627.jpg

After relaxing for a while we headed back to Seaside and went to Bud & Alley's rooftop bar.

We lucked out and scored a table along the rail for great sunset views!  They had a guitar player too!
IMAG1629.jpg

The little guy even got a high top high chair.  They had extra high high chairs because of their high top bar style tables, he loved it.  I was a little worried about bringing him in the bar area but they have a sign that it's ok until 10pm and everyone there loved him!
IMAG1632.jpg

IMAG1633.jpg

IMAG1634.jpg

Attempt of a father & son sunset picture, fail...
IMAG1637.jpg

yes another sunset picture...
IMAG1639.jpg

The bartender was even nice enough to warn us before he rang the bell, we covered the little wbi's ears as the bartender rang away at sunset and turned out he thought that was hilarious.

After having a drink and some bbq shrimp we walked around some more soaking it all in.

Here's the post office:

IMAG1644.jpg

IMAG1645.jpg

We tried to get a picture of where we got married but it was a little too dark.
IMAG1646.jpg

This used to be the Vera Bradley Inn by the Sea, the only bed and breakfast in Seaside, but it was sold a couple years ago to a private owner who converted it into a house.  It's kind of sad really, especially since we got married there, and its the first place we stayed in Seaside...
IMAG1647.jpg

IMAG1648.jpg

That reminds me, TCD I noticed the old Motorcourts sign  is gone, they aren't changing those too are they?  Motorcourt #6, the tower also has a new name, makes me wonder what's going on over there.

After that we sat in the Amphitheater area to watch everyone play with light up balls and Frisbees.
IMAG1649.jpg

IMAG1650.jpg

Then we headed back, but first we stopped at the Blue Mountain Creamery, we've seen it a tons of times and finally stopped for some home made ice cream, it was really good!

Up next Monday morning, check-out day.

WBI

Well I don't have many pictures from Monday so I'll just post away:

CP got up and went for a 5 mile run so we picked up some and played around while she was gone.

I realized I hadn't taken any pictures of the site so here you go:
IMAG1651.jpg

IMAG1652.jpg

Once CP got back we finished packing and hooked up to leave around noon:

Oh I should add, while I was hooking up I saw a familiar truck pass by, I saw it parked only a few sites away so I walked over.  Would you believe that my next door neighbor from my house in Louisiana was only three sites away from us in Florida?!!?  Here's the kicker, we had never met.  We see their fifth wheel all the time at their house so we knew they were campers but we had no clue where they go.    I walked over and introduced myself and talked about how its a small world, we got a big kick out of that.  She was real nice hopefully they'll be more talkative in the neighborhood now, lol

IMAG1653.jpg

IMAG1654.jpg

IMAG1655.jpg

IMAG1656.jpg

IMAG1657.jpg

IMAG1658.jpg

IMAG1659.jpg

That was pretty much it, we hit the road and had an uneventful no traffic trip home.  It was quite a drive for such a short trip but we would do it again if we could add one more night I think.

Thanks again Kelly, we had a great time and really loved Topsail.

WBI

That reminds me, TCD I noticed the old Motorcourts sign  is gone, they aren't changing those too are they?  Motorcourt #6, the tower also has a new name, makes me wonder what's going on over there.

As mentioned earlier, we stayed in Seaside for Easter this year.  We rented through the Cottage Rental Agency, which used to handle the majority of rentals in town.  They seem to have lost a lot of their inventory, and there are many new companies with large rental inventories.  One thing that was new was that renting through the CRA no longer automatically grants access to the pools and the beach pavilion restrooms.  There is now an extra charge.  I asked about this, and they informed me that the pools and recreation facilities were now owned by a third party.   Also, the bike rentals now are being operated by a third party.  It seems like maybe Robert Davis is cashing out.  These changes weren't bad, but things are definitely changing there.  I don't know about the Motorcourt.  It did seem kind of empty and rundown when we were there.

Oh I should add, while I was hooking up I saw a familiar truck pass by, I saw it parked only a few sites away so I walked over.  Would you believe that my next door neighbor from my house in Louisiana was only three sites away from us in Florida?!!?  Here's the kicker, we had never met.  We see their fifth wheel all the time at their house so we knew they were campers but we had no clue where they go.    I walked over and introduced myself and talked about how its a small world, we got a big kick out of that.  She was real nice hopefully they'll be more talkative in the neighborhood now, lol

Now that's a cool story.

TCD

Glad you had a good time! 

Love the sunset pictures. 

Crazy that you met a neighbor from home there!!!! See, it was meant to be for you to go. 

Thanks we had a great time!

I know I couldn't believe we met them there, they are now back from their trip but I haven't talked to them yet.

Amazing how camping seems to bring folks together.....

Thanks for the TR.  Glad you had a great time.

Yes it is!

Looks like you guys had a great time!  Love the pics :)

Thanks we did!

Glad to hear it was a good time!

I need to make a mental not of that site in case we ever find time to get down there.

You should, there are quite a few great sites in that area, I'm sure Kelly could tell you exactly which ones.

As mentioned earlier, we stayed in Seaside for Easter this year.  We rented through the Cottage Rental Agency, which used to handle the majority of rentals in town.  They seem to have lost a lot of their inventory, and there are many new companies with large rental inventories.  One thing that was new was that renting through the CRA no longer automatically grants access to the pools and the beach pavilion restrooms.  There is now an extra charge.  I asked about this, and they informed me that the pools and recreation facilities were now owned by a third party.   Also, the bike rentals now are being operated by a third party.  It seems like maybe Robert Davis is cashing out.  These changes weren't bad, but things are definitely changing there.  I don't know about the Motorcourt.  It did seem kind of empty and rundown when we were there.

Now that's a cool story.

TCD

I had noticed that about CRA inventory and I get their emails I remember a couple years ago they started excluding the pools and facilities.  If I remember correctly though one of the new rental companies, The Homeowner's Collection gives you full access to everything, I've never tried them though.

Yeah the Motorcourt did look like it could use some TLC.  I also noticed some of the older houses being sold, like Three Sister's for instance, I wonder if Robert Davis isn't the only one cashing out around there?

Great trip.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Looks like a great weekend Nick.  WBI Jr is really growing.  Happy First Father's Day!

Thanks Dave!

WBI

I'm in.

Agreed! Dave in TN and I were talking about this last week when we met. I definitely married up, Christy is also very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in.

Agreed! Dave in TN and I were talking about this last week when we met. I definitely married up, Christy is also very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk