I've been watching the videos of this "attraction" on the AlGorenet and I am not impressed. The best thing about it is its going to siphon off a lot of screaming kids and their doting parents from the better attractions at the studios.

I agree that it's not all that but I know my 4 year old would love it.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm the same way about anything princess and BBB, but if I ever have granddaughters, all bets are off

Well, I have to take back some of the criticism I dished out about this earlier. We checked on this Frozen stuff this past weekend The parade was cute. They have a few of the floats from the MVMCP

I am calling it right now- the live band is going to be Mulch, Sweat and Shears in snowflake hats.  Heaven help us.   TCD

The TCD twins popped over to Hollywood Studios on Saturday night to check out the Frozen gift shop.  There was a long line just to get in.

Free tip- there is a separate line for the ice skating, which is much shorter.  You can use that line to gain access to the gift shop.  Just skip the part where they are collecting the money for the ice skating and walk in to the store.  That loophole will probably be changed soon.

The girls got in, and what they saw was madness.  Walmart on Black Friday madness.  Adults with arms full of mech.

They got in the store right before it was closed.  There was a woman standing at the closed doors, restrained by CM's, yelling in to store, begging someone to buy her two Elsa dolls.

Disney is going to be raking it in here all summer.

TCD

They got in the store right before it was closed.  There was a woman standing at the closed doors, restrained by CM's, yelling in to store, begging someone to buy her two Elsa dolls.

Disney is going to be raking it in here all summer.

TCD

If she'd be satisfied with a Delsa doll, my manufacturer in China is due to send the first shipment next week. 

From Kenny the Pirate on Facebook...

Frozen dance party is exactly the same thing as the "Rock your summer side" thing, but MUCH more congested due to fireworks viewing area being set up.at 5:30pm

Photos here...

https://www.facebook.com/RealKennythePirate/photos/pcb.636751159754412/636750913087770/?type=1&theater

We did the premium package today. I'm debating doing a review of just it or including it in my TR.

What did you decide? I understand this is just another way for Disney to rake in more $ but as the mom of a 10 yr old daughter visiting in August I'm very tempted.

From the Disney Parks Blog...

One of my favorite new offerings that just launched as a part of Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios have to be the “Frozen Fireworks,” which light up the sky at 9:45 p.m., nightly.

hghghg834991-613x850.jpg

0705ZW_0576_GN-100x100.jpg
0705ZW_0607_GN-100x100.jpg
0705ZW_2713TA-100x100.jpg
0705ZW_2716TA-100x100.jpg
0705ZW_2738TA-100x100.jpg
0705ZW_2750TA-100x100.jpg

What I enjoy about this fireworks show is that it combines elements of a stage show, complete with moments of narration with Anna, Kristoff and Elsa, with fireworks and songs from the soundtrack to “Frozen.”

Disney Parks Blog author Bob Hitchcock recently headed out to the park to take a look and find out what guests – and even some of the creators of the show – think of the new nighttime spectacular. Check it out below.

http://youtu.be/9nxXV-Yq-QI

“Frozen Fireworks” will run nightly through September 1, as a part of the park’s Frozen Summer Fun celebration and viewing is available throughout the park.

See the posts below for more ‘Frozen’ Summer Fun:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/a-peek-inside-frozen-fireworks-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Well, I have to take back some of the criticism I dished out about this earlier.

We checked on this Frozen stuff this past weekend

The parade was cute. They have a few of the floats from the MVMCP parade along with some of the costumed performers. Also, one of the sleighs from the Fort sleigh rides.

The singalong was awesome. I've only seen the movie once, but wow, people are crazy about it. The hosts of the show are former Comedy Warehouse CM's, and do a great job slipping in jokes and ad-libs. I really enjoyed it. Way more than I thought I would.

The TCD twins loved the Frozen play area. They even enjoyed the ice skating, and upon further reflection, ten bucks isn't a bad deal, and 30 minutes is plenty of time. And, OMG the people watching! I'd happily pay to sit and watch the guests who have no earthly idea how to ice skate try to stay up and move around that rink. The best part is how cool it is in that room a great break on a hot summer day.

We still haven't seen the fireworks. I'm sure those are good too.

All in all, they did a great job with this.

TCD

Cute for the kids but definatly a cash cow. My 8 yo daughter who obviously loves the movie even said, "dad isn't that the Mickey Christmas parade and did they take the snow machines from MK? I had to laugh

Cute for the kids but definatly a cash cow. My 8 yo daughter who obviously loves the movie even said, "dad isn't that the Mickey Christmas parade and did they take the snow machines from MK? I had to laugh

Smart kid!

Disney might do stuff that is stupid but this is pure brilliance on their part. I'm sure they are making out very, very well

Well, I have to take back some of the criticism I dished out about this earlier.

The parade was cute. They have a few of the floats from the MVMCP parade along with some of the costumed performers. Also, one of the sleighs from the Fort sleigh rides.

The singalong was awesome. I've only seen the movie once, but wow, people are crazy about it. The hosts of the show are former Comedy Warehouse CM's, and do a great job slipping in jokes and ad-libs. I really enjoyed it. Way more than I thought I would.

The TCD twins loved the Frozen play area. They even enjoyed the ice skating, and upon further reflection, ten bucks isn't a bad deal, and 30 minutes is plenty of time. And, OMG the people watching! I'd happily pay to sit and watch the guests who have no earthly idea how to ice skate try to stay up and move around that rink. The best part is how cool it is in that room a great break on a hot summer day.

TCD

Good to hear!

Must be they wanted to give DHS a boost with attendance this summer. All this hoopla IMHO should have been done at Epcot. More room, more dead space and Norway....duh. I feel Epcot always gets the shaft

TCD

We did the FROZEN skating thing two weeks ago... and I'm here to tell you that unless you are a professional skater 30 minutes is PLENTY of time. My 10 year old and I went whilst hubs took pictures and videos. It was great fun, but my ankles were DONE 20 minutes in!! So, timing was good...they also did a nice job of limiting the number of people on the ice (or we went at a time with a reasonable number of folks skating)!