Hi Fiends,

We're going to get a little TV for our camper and I wanted to make sure I purchased the right one/kind.  I believe we need something that is "cable ready", is that correct?  Or...maybe all of the tv's are "cable ready" now-a-days?   ???   My thought was, I wanted to be able to hook up to the antenna while in the camper and, if we have the tv outside, connect to a cable cord... if I remember correctly, the Fort has cable connections at the post??  I remember reading about cable boxes, do I need to get one or does a cable ready tv bypass that?

Make sure when you are not using it that it goes back into a climate controlled area. Otherwise the expensive smoke will come out.

Our's stay in the MH 24/7/365 and we've never had any problem. They've been exposed to below freezing and temps above 95.

We just added a TV to our trailer. We went with a Samsung 22". As has been mentioned all current TV's will handle cable channels but will need to be setup at each new location. The same goes for standard DTV channels. If you have an antenna and are prep'ed for cable you should have a box that will switch you between the two.  As we have about as many Blu-ray disks as DVD's we plan to get a Blu-Ray player to attach to the TV. We also plan to get a player that supports internet streaming support so we can stream Netflix and Amazon. Toshiba has a unit that is 8"X8"X2" Blu-ray/media player that looks like it will fit the area we have available to build it into. Between the various entertainment options we figure this should cover us for those rainy days we can't be outside.

We also plan to get a player that supports internet streaming support so we can stream Netflix and Amazon. Toshiba has a unit that is 8"X8"X2" Blu-ray/media player that looks like it will fit the area we have available to build it into. Between the various entertainment options we figure this should cover us for those rainy days we can't be outside.

Thanks.  That being said... you have to be at a campsite with good wifi, which the Fort (or any campground that we've camped at really) does not :(

You need to be sure your TV is big enough for your your trailer. Take the tow rating of the TV, deduct about 25%, and compare that to the actual weight of the trailer. I don't know what everybody is talking about with cable ready and such. I know my TV has cables, but they are all inside the thing and have nothing to do with towing my trailer. Be sure to inflate the tires to maximum PSI, weigh each axle separately, fully stock the XZ 7000 freezer, replace all your tires with LT's and multiply the GVWR by the number of adults, divide by the weight of yappy dogs and factor in the ambient temperature. IMHO, you can't get there from here.

You need to be sure your TV is big enough for your your trailer. Take the tow rating of the TV, deduct about 25%, and compare that to the actual weight of the trailer. I don't know what everybody is talking about with cable ready and such. I know my TV has cables, but they are all inside the thing and have nothing to do with towing my trailer. Be sure to inflate the tires to maximum PSI, weigh each axle separately, fully stock the XZ 7000 freezer, replace all your tires with LT's and multiply the GVWR by the number of adults, divide by the weight of yappy dogs and factor in the ambient temperature. IMHO, you can't get there from here.

I was going to comment about the freezer but you got that covered.  Very well thought out response IMO and unlike some of those responding above who I have on my ignore list but when people quote them I'm forced to read their drivel you answered the OP questions well.  Other people just go on with useless tomfoolery that adds nothing to the conversation IMO and gets away from the stated objectives of this forum to share information about freezers, eternabond and diesel specs.  well I am not going to entertain their shenanigans and will continue to ignore those comments.  

:cupcake:

:bellringer: