Ummm... Have you seen this?

Makes my skin crawl.

Another reason why you should NEVER let your children out of your sight... no matter where you are.  And why, no matter how old your children get, you should always be involved in their lives and know 1) what's going on and 2) who it's going on with.

Disgusting. 

Every time down here there is a sex sting operation, it gets top billing if there is a "Disney employee" involved.  I never hear that a Centurylink Employee was involved or some other industry with the exception of teaching.  32 convictions out of the thousands of employees who have worked or are working at Disney over this time period is probably at or below average for other occupations in the area.  The news people seem to try to sensationalize it so it looks like Disney is full of perverts.  :banghead:

Every time down here there is a sex sting operation, it gets top billing if there is a "Disney employee" involved.  I never hear that a Centurylink Employee was involved or some other industry with the exception of teaching.  32 convictions out of the thousands of employees who have worked or are working at Disney over this time period is probably at or below average for other occupations in the area.  The news people seem to try to sensationalize it so it looks like Disney is full of perverts.  :banghead:

Ho! You think that's bad. The news folks seem to think Santa scratching is butt in public is headline material!

If the numbers Disney quoted in the story are correct, I think Disney is doing a great job keeping the degenerates away. 

"However, it also said that the numbers reported represented just "one one-hundredth of one percent of the 300,000 people we have employed during this time period.""

and also

"None of the suspects had prior history of sex crimes before they were hired at the theme parks."
and

"None of the cases involved children or teenagers who were actually visiting the parks"

It's a sad reflection on people in general but I bet the ratio of sexual perps in the general populous is much much higher.  

Ho! You think that's bad. The news folks seem to think Santa scratching is butt in public is headline material!

Can you give me a link to that headline?

I think Disney is doing a great job keeping the degenerates away. 

It's been 6 years since I had to do it, but unless it's changed, they take fingerprints, drug test, and do a background check on new hires.

It's a sad reflection on people in general but I bet the ratio of sexual perps in the general populous is much much higher.  

I think people should be more concerned about other people in the park rather than the average frontline CM who does not have the opportunity to be alone with the child.

Can you give me a link to that headline?

That there's a little of that stuff called hyperbole. But, last year there was an AP story that ran all over the country about a veteran Santa who was fired from his long-held posting for having whispered a "slightly" adult joke to an adult (senior) customer. Something about a benefit of being Santa is that you know where the naughty girl live. Not bright, but reason for firing? Much less reason to make national news?

This story is very similar to the one from the Villages making national news. A 70-year-old woman and her 50 year old "boyfriend" du jour had sex in public at one of the squares.

When it comes to CMs, Santas, and seniors folks just assume they are asexual creatures and any story to the contrary is sensational.

That there's a little of that stuff called hyperbole.

I had to look up hyperbole. You must think I'm smarter than I actually am.

I was kidding too and actually don't want to read a story about Santa scratching his butt.

When it comes to CMs, Santas, and seniors folks just assume they are asexual creatures and any story to the contrary is sensational.

What I took away from that story was that it wasn't so much of a knock on CMs, but more on Disney and WDW.

I agree that the media certainly feels the need to state that the people were Disney employees.  What they did was dispicable and they should be punished - just like all the other perps in all the other jobs in this country. 

It's been 6 years since I had to do it, but unless it's changed, they take fingerprints, drug test, and do a background check on new hires.

I think people should be more concerned about other people in the park rather than the average frontline CM who does not have the opportunity to be alone with the child.

Exactly!

As a christian and a teacher I sadly have to point out that the jobs with the highest percentage of sexual predators are most likely priests/ministers and teachers/coaches.  I applaud the systems put into place to deter their hiring (like background checks, fingerprinting, etc.) and swift removal when said perverts are discovered.  Just like Disney did.

• 2 weeks later...