• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you don't get photo or prices any time soon, Bart and I will be there Labor Day Weekend!   Yea!! I will look then and post.

The entire scene is accurate except the camper is parked illegally and the castle should be replaced by the Monstrosity.

Yadda, yadda, yadda,    I think it looks great!

• 2 weeks later...

Is that so?

Rank has it's privileges.

I think the college program kids get some kind of increased discount around the holidays- I'm going to wait for that.

They probably get the standard CM holiday discount which has been up to 40% on most, but not all merchandise. And sometimes even more for a short period of time.

For some reason, the discounts are not a high priority with them.

I bet they are to daddy though?

Also, a lot, and I mean a lot, of businesses in the area give CMs discounts.

It should be an automatic question for any CM whenever they buy something somewhere. There are discounts on clothes, restaurants, dental, housing, a lot of stuff.

I got thousands of dollars in extras when we had our house built because the builder advertised in a Disney publication.

I bet they are to daddy though?

Also, a lot, and I mean a lot, of businesses in the area give CMs discounts.

It should be an automatic question for any CM whenever they buy something somewhere. There are discounts on clothes, restaurants, dental, housing, a lot of stuff.

I got thousands of dollars in extras when we had our house built because the builder advertised in a Disney publication.

They have discovered the CM discount at Moe's Southwest Grill.

And, Twin #1 wasted no time getting to the CM store, where she scored an official Turkey Leg watch for $5. 

I see what Disney is doing. They pay the kids on Thursday. By Monday, they've got all that money back from the retail and food locations on property.

Brilliant.

TCD

And, Twin #1 wasted no time getting to the CM store, where she scored an official Turkey Leg watch for $5. 

I see what Disney is doing. They pay the kids on Thursday. By Monday, they've got all that money back from the retail and food locations on property.

Brilliant.

TCD

Everyone sing together now: "I owe my soul to the company store!"

Brilliant.

TCD

I worked at a craft store for a while years ago.

On pay day all the employees would line up to pay off what they owed for the week.  8)

• 2 weeks later...

It took me a while, but I made it in to the Trading Posts yesterday for a look see.

Some of the items in these photos have already been shared, but, I have some new stuff to show as well.

Here in the Settlement Trading Post, there's a new t-shirt on display on that mannequin.  This photo also shows the new mason jar cups, magnets, and air fresheners, which we have seen earlier in this thread:

9614061_zps4ad88dfc.jpg

Oh, and look back there on the right-that's a new long-sleeve t-shirt.

This is the back of that new green t-shirt:

9614062_zps2a745b49.jpg

I like that new greet t-shirt. I'm going to get one.

We've seen these new mugs. I like them too:

9614063_zps1536636b.jpg

Note that there are no more of the old new mugs.  The brown ones with Chip and Dale?  They're all gone, and not coming back.

This kids' t-shirt is new, and I like it:

9614065_zpsbb34056d.jpg

I think we've already seen the new magnets and post-cards.  I'm not sure anyone has posted a photo of the new stickers:

9614066_zpsb544e241.jpg

See, there are actually two stickers on this sheet- a round one, and a rectangular one:

9614067_zps6d401efb.jpg

There are plenty of magnets and air fresheners for sale:

9614068_zpsd311571e.jpg

Do you want to know what the air freshener smells like?  I did.  I sniffed the package as best I could and smelled nothing.  Whatever the smell is, it must not be very strong.

So, that's what I saw in the Settlement Trading Post.

What about the Meadow?

Luckily for you, I wanted to know too.

So, here we are.  There's a new sweat shirt here:

9614106_zps6a04bbbe.jpg

Take a closer look at that design- there are camping related images integrated in it- like fish, bikes, trailers, tents and campfires:

9614107_zps20822459.jpg

This is the back of the sweatshirt:

9614108_zps9a636b53.jpg

I need one of those, too.

How much, you ask?

Here you go-the price tag on the sweatshirt:

9614109_zps2bfbb464.jpg

What else?

Here's the t-shirt display:

9614110_zps8d305a34.jpg

Here's those two new shirts we saw in the Settlement Trading Post- the green one and the brown, long-sleeve one:

9614112_zpsad68104c.jpg

The backs of those same shirts- the long-sleeve one has no printing or design on the back:

9614113_zps36caf08c.jpg

They still have some of the old new brown t-shirts here.  I heard they're on the way out, though:

9614114_zps4a757294.jpg

The National Park shirts that were hanging here in July are gone, replaced with other Element brand shirts:

9614115_zps454af913.jpg

On this table, they have the same mugs, stickers, magnets, etc, that we saw at the Settlement TP- what they no longer have is key chains and license plate frames:

9614116_zps72ab8c36.jpg

There was a run on the air fresheners here:

9614117_zps165f574a.jpg

Their stock of plastic mason jars was also low:

9614119_zpsed75545f.jpg

There are plenty of mugs:

9614120_zpseeda3ab5.jpg

It was dead in the Trading Post, and by this time, I had attracted the attention of a CM, who came over to chat.  It was a lady I've talked to before, and we had a nice chat about the new merchandise.  She confirmed that the new mugs are all they will be getting in from now on.  For now, they have no key chains.  She said everyone loves the throw, but they haven't sold many because of the price.  She also told me that they are expecting new tire covers, and will be phasing these white ones out:

9614121_zpsae246031.jpg

This lady knew her merchandise, so I asked her about those Pacific Lakeside t-shirts that had been here for about a year.  They're all gone now.  She said she didn't understand what they had to do with Disney.  She pointed out that there was a new mystery Disney brand shirt here.

This one:

9614122_zps0c302ce7.jpg

9614123_zps13778ef0.jpg

Like the Pacific Lakeside Campground shirts, this one doesn't appear to have anything to do with Disney, yet it is being sold under the Disney Parks brand.

That's all I got.

Oh, I guess I have one more bit of news- they replaced the yellow refillable mugs with a green one:

9614127_zps4a997ea2.jpg

Still just four colors.  No more yellow.

TCD

A lot of the new stuff was there when we visited in July.  I really wanted one of the new ladies' T-shirts, but couldn't justify the $29.99 price tag with the quality.  I bought one of the last ones they had (the green one), and it was stretched out and misshapen by the 2nd wash.  They are cute though.

The sweatshirts and long-sleeved things weren't out when I was there, missed out on that.  Guess they don't sell many sweatshirts in July down there!  The throw wasn't out yet, either, but I doubt I'd spend 75 clams on a throw even though I like it a lot!

I did pick up some magnets and a new mug.  My Fort coffee mugs and fridge magnets cheer me up when I am missing my happy place!

I'm anxious to see the new tire cover.  Those white ones were so boring!  Hopefully, there will be plenty of stock whenever I get back down there.

The keychains that they no longer carry were a waste of money, anyway.  I bought one and it broke.  So I bought a replacement on my next visit.  Guess what?  It also broke after only a couple of weeks.