A summer long TR...with a visit to Cinderella's real castle.

Wonderful 'Ohana pictures, we've been a few times and always liked it.

DH wants to go to the bar there for drinks and sticky wings when we go in October. Just hoping it's still enjoyable with all the construction going on.

I say go. The construction isn't that bad. If you look at one of my pictures of my DW and DD you can see the temporary construction wall.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

Well I guess its time to start my TR. We had quite a summer and several trips. We started the summer off with a two week trip to Disney. One week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and one week at AKL. Wher

And I can't wait to hear about Europe!

Man, I just read all 13 pages, all caught up and ready for more! Thanks for posting this Ray, we have never been to AK at all, let alone the AKL, the pics look great, we will be making a trek out there to check it out! O'HANA, what can I say, I LOVE that place, and yes the meat is awesome, and so is the bread pudding, then a trip down to the volcano pool with a Dole Whip and it's the end to a perfect day! Thanks again Ray!    Brian

Oh, I had never seen the DIT harlem shake video, priceless! But when it finished, another video of his was there, DIT's 2013 in review, wow all I can say is....i'm verklempt talk amongst yourselves!   I need to start doing that, time flies and they change more everyday, that's it, I'm at work with no one to hug.....Brian

Man, I just read all 13 pages, all caught up and ready for more! Thanks for posting this Ray, we have never been to AK at all, let alone the AKL, the pics look great, we will be making a trek out there to check it out! O'HANA, what can I say, I LOVE that place, and yes the meat is awesome, and so is the bread pudding, then a trip down to the volcano pool with a Dole Whip and it's the end to a perfect day! Thanks again Ray! Brian

Thank you for reading.

I think you'll really enjoy both AK and AKL

O'Hana!!! I've never had a dole whip after eating at O'Hana. I never had the room!

Oh, I had never seen the DIT harlem shake video, priceless! But when it finished, another video of his was there, DIT's 2013 in review, wow all I can say is....i'm verklempt talk amongst yourselves! I need to start doing that, time flies and they change more everyday, that's it, I'm at work with no one to hug.....Brian

Yeah. If you want your eyes to sweat watch the review.

Well it's time for an update. I just realized I haven't posted an update in all most a week. So let's move on. I thought we headed to Typhoon Lagoon the next day but I was mistaken. After looking thru my pix I remembered we had rezzies at BOG. Can you believe it? This is our 3rd or 4th trip to Disney since BOG opened. But I was unable to get rezzies before and we don't wait inline for an hour plus, to eat anywhere. I believe Kelly posted about the lunch time FP+ for BOG and it worked, thanks Kelly.

So DD and I woke up early to hit a few rides before DW got there. We tried to hit rope drop. But it took a little longer to get to MK then I thought. We did see the end of the show as we walked up. But that was ok because DD and I had a few firsts this day.

disneyjune2014raysiphone455_zps85ed0ee2.

This was a first for us. As we came out of the tunnel this pulled up and we jumped on.

disneyjune2014raysiphone458_zpsed1505a3.

While we waited for more guests to get on these four guys sang us a few little songs. They were really good. I can't remember there name but I'm sure one of you guys do.

disneyjune2014raysiphone459_zps4a0251e1.

Our coach woman (Phyllis) asked DD if she want to sit up front. She loved it.

disneyjune2014raysiphone461_zps85cd540c.

Phyllis drove us to the castle hub were she posed for a picture with my DD.

disneyjune2014raysiphone462_zps7955b577.

As we headed to SDMT for our first ride we had another first. We had never seen or heard this troop of minstrels before. She was kind of funny. Again I don't know their name. An up arrow to who ever can name them first.

disneyjune2014raysiphone465_zpsc16e3ed3.

Luckily I was able to book FP+. So DD and I rode it for the 3rd time this trip.

I love the view from up here.

disneyjune2014raysiphone470_zpsb8a23dc0.

I think the ride is pretty good and yes it could have been better but I think you have to agree that the imagineers nailed the theming. Look at all the detail.

disneyjune2014raysiphone490_zps2d2447b2.

DD and I rode a few more rides in Fantasyland and then DW showed up and it was getting warm so luckily we had a FP for Splash Mountain

disneyjune2014raysiphone474_zpse1511177.

Well it was lunch time and we had a FP+ rezzie for BOG.

Another first for us.

This was the line to get in. Thanks again Kelly.

We wondered if CMs were giving those blue umbrellas out to guests waiting in line. There were dozens of those blue umbrellas.

disneyjune2014raysiphone481_zpsf6602b85.

The theming was really cool and it kept DD entertained. And the line went pretty fast.

disneyjune2014raysiphone482_zps8530249d.

Ordering our food was pretty easy on the self service kiosk. And we went inside to find a table and sat in here.

disneyjune2014raysiphone484_zps452d61f1.

DD liked the grilled cheese and tomato soup.

disneyjune2014raysiphone488_zps5bf835f1.

DW's braised pork was awesome. I know she liked it because she only gave me one little bite. Lol

disneyjune2014raysiphone487_zpsa9e3e2d2.

I had the roast beef sandwich. It was quite tasty.

disneyjune2014raysiphone486_zps14a1f553.

Right before our food arrived DD realized we didn't order her cupcake.

This was the main reason she wanted to eat there. So I ran back to the register and scored one for her. And you know what? It's delicious!

disneyjune2014raysiphone489_zps2263f58d.

After lunch we rode a few more rides.

disneyjune2014raysiphone494_zps0497e0ea.

We then decided to head towards the exit catch the parade and head back to AKL and get in some swimming pool time.

disneyjune2014raysiphone496_zps918a9469.

Well that's photo limit so I'll share some more next time. Including some more firsts for us at HS, Typhoon Lagoon, and Epcot

Singing guys are the dapper dans. I've never riden any of the Main Street vehicles. That is very exciting your daughter got to ride up front! Hitting rope drop so I can ride one is on my to do list.

Your BOG food looks great, I'm hoping to score an ADR, hopefully someone cancels so I can snag on.

Singing guys are the dapper dans. I've never riden any of the Main Street vehicles. That is very exciting your daughter got to ride up front! Hitting rope drop so I can ride one is on my to do list.

Your BOG food looks great, I'm hoping to score an ADR, hopefully someone cancels so I can snag on.

We had never seen or heard this troop of minstrels before. She was kind of funny. Again I don't know their name. An up arrow to who ever can name them first.

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

I recognize that CM who gave you the trolley ride-she is often grooming horses at the TCD barn at the Fort in the mornings.

I'm glad you were able to snag a FP+ for BOG lunch.  It's sweet to skip the line.

Yes, the CM's pass out the umbrellas in the BOG standby line.  The Beast's castle looks great, but the Imagineers never thought about how guests in the standby line at lunch are waiting in the blazing sun, with no shade, or protection from rain.

So, they pass out umbrellas.  Problem solved.

That braised pork is my favorite quick serve meal anywhere in WDW.  I eat it every chance I get.

TCD

Are they the same ones that I've seen by the fruit stand? The one by the hall of presidents?

I don't remember the website or if it would still work but maybe Kelly or someone that has the info can repost it. So you can get an ADR (FP+) and try it.

The food was real good and so was the theming but I'm still not waiting an hour to eat there.

Lady Llewellyn and The Royal Majesty Makers Musicians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrctttzgD9Q

Thanks. An up arrow for you.

You know I really like all the "street performers" they have at the parks, boardwalk, etc.

Wait a second. This can't be lou. He doesn't read TRs. Lol

Are they the same ones that I've seen by the fruit stand? The one by the hall of presidents?

The Diaper Dans can be seen performing napping on Main St.

They roam around somewhat, but without any description, it's hard to say if they're the group you saw at the fruit stand.

BTW, it's time for them to be put to rest. Figuratively of course.

I recognize that CM who gave you the trolley ride-she is often grooming horses at the TCD barn at the Fort in the mornings.

I'm glad you were able to snag a FP+ for BOG lunch. It's sweet to skip the line.

Yes, the CM's pass out the umbrellas in the BOG standby line. The Beast's castle looks great, but the Imagineers never thought about how guests in the standby line at lunch are waiting in the blazing sun, with no shade, or protection from rain.

So, they pass out umbrellas. Problem solved.

That braised pork is my favorite quick serve meal anywhere in WDW. I eat it every chance I get.

TCD

I'll have to make sure DD and I go by the TCD barn and say hi to Phyllis next time we are at the Fort.

FP+ at BOG is the only way to go.

IIRC you were part of that whole conversation. Do you remember/ know if a person can still get a FP+ for BOG?

I knew those blue umbrellas had to belong to Disney. There was just to many of them. Or they were part of a SMALL Brazilian tour group. Lol.

I wish DW would have let me try some more of the pork. I guess I'll just have to order my own next time.