Rumors that the Osborne Lights were going away appear to be just that.

Word from The Mouse is that the installation of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios will begin on August 11.  The work will take place overnight, with the bulk of it to be completed Sunday through Thursday nights.  The show is scheduled to open in early November - no hard date yet.

During the installation, there may be closures of some areas may be necessary along the Streets of America and in the Tri-City Courtyard.

ETA:  Official dates for Osborne Lights are November 7, 2014 through January 4, 2015.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This rumor was gloating around last year also. When I told DW about it she said "we should go this Christmas if it's going to be the last year they have it". So we went. Now she's saying we can't

No way? I know something the great TCD and The Lou doesn't? It's at the end of the Streets of America where the entrance to Lights, Motor, Action is, Herbie Is, and the entrance to the Backlot area is

That would be the third city -- Lake Buena Vista.    Which reminds me of something we fell for in New Orleans last year when a man offered to tell us where we got our shoes if we gave him $1. Apparent

Beats me.  I just report the news.  8)

The Streets of America area represent NYC and San Francisco... that's 2 cities...

There is something called the Tri-City Diner popcorn stand in that area.  It's where Mulch, Sweat and Sheers sometimes perform.

That's all I've got.

Hooray!

Where's the Tri-City Courtyard? 

TCD

I give up, where is it?

No way?

I know something the great TCD and The Lou doesn't?

It's at the end of the Streets of America where the entrance to Lights, Motor, Action is, Herbie Is, and the entrance to the Backlot area is.

The only reason I know this is a few Christmases ago I was looking for the black cat and I couldn't find it so I asked a CMwere it is. He said walk down to the Tri City Courtyard and look to the left and it's up in a tree. I had to ask were the court yard is and he told me. When I get a chance I'll try to find an official answer from disneys website. I'll get back to you.

I still want to know what the third city is.

Just a guess, but could the 3rd city be whatever city that the street called "Residental St" is in? That's the street that had a bunch of house movie sets that are no longer there?

Edited to add that I read Ray's post after writing this one.

From everything I know, that area is called Tri-City Square and that's why I posted previously that maybe the Tri-City Courtyard is part of that.

Ok smarty pants so.... "Tri-City" = NYC, San Francisco and ??

Ok I'm at Lowes with free wifi. I can not find and a reference to Tri City Courtyard. But Lou is right there is a reference to tri city square which is were the CM told me the courtyard is. Dang it I was hoping I knew something. Lol.

I think The Lou answered the question. It represents any city USA.

Once again I am humbled before the great and powerful The Lou. And the TCD I was mistaken I don't know something you guys don't. Lol

I'll be there today, what will I see?

That would be the third city -- Lake Buena Vista. 

Which reminds me of something we fell for in New Orleans last year when a man offered to tell us where we got our shoes if we gave him $1. Apparently this is one of the oldest tricks in the book but I didn't know it and I appreciated his variation on the usual panhandling so I let him tell us.

Just a guess, but could the 3rd city be whatever city that the street called "Residental St" is in? That's the street that had a bunch of house movie sets that are no longer there?

Edited to add that I read Ray's post after writing this one.

From everything I know, that area is called Tri-City Square and that's why I posted previously that maybe the Tri-City Courtyard is part of that.

I was typing when you posted your original statement about tri city square.

I'm confused, DHS is located in the city of Bay Lake.

Ok, same answer just a different fact. Corrected as noted.

Although I feel that rather than take your word for it, or do something like look at a map,  I may need to conduct a research trip to confirm. 

Oh, that was a joke. Now I get it.

Actually  I thought sort of possibly maybe that might be Disney's joke  --  NY and SF meet in the city of Bay Lake so tri-city ??.  

So do you or do you not, know for sure, what the third city is?

Apparently, I do not 

You should, I'll show you around.

I'll take that as an offer, not a threat

And to go back to the original post, I'm glad to hear Osborne Lights are returning. I saw them for the first time last Thanksgiving and WOW!! I'm glad more people will get to experience them. 

This rumor was gloating around last year also.

When I told DW about it she said "we should go this Christmas if it's going to be the last year they have it". So we went.

Now she's saying we can't go this Christmas since we are going to either Australia or Hawaii next summer.

So maybe if we perpetuate this rumor we can go to Disney this Christmas. Who's with me?

So maybe if we perpetuate this rumor we can go to Disney this Christmas. Who's with me?

Ok, this just in. WDW is being moved to Canada. And like everything in Canada, you'll never hear of it again.

It's like a black hole up there. What the heck do they do in Canada anyway?