• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This rumor was gloating around last year also. When I told DW about it she said "we should go this Christmas if it's going to be the last year they have it". So we went. Now she's saying we can't

No way? I know something the great TCD and The Lou doesn't? It's at the end of the Streets of America where the entrance to Lights, Motor, Action is, Herbie Is, and the entrance to the Backlot area is

That would be the third city -- Lake Buena Vista.    Which reminds me of something we fell for in New Orleans last year when a man offered to tell us where we got our shoes if we gave him $1. Apparent

Does it always really storm when you are close to the Backlot Bar, or is that just some Disney effect to keep you there?  Hmmm...  We've been caught there several times....and we don't even drink.   Hmmmm...

Hey, if they can make it snow on that street, I'm sure a storm is no problem

Does it always really storm when you are close to the Backlot Bar, or is that just some Disney effect to keep you there?  Hmmm...  We've been caught there several times....and we don't even drink.   Hmmmm...

I'm going with effect. Happens to me more often than not when I'm in the area. At that point, might as well pull up a seat and   :wine:

Cody

It has happened to me too, but then if you spend enough time there, you're really just playing the odds. :rofl2:

But rain in that area is a sure thing. Ive never been there and it didn't rain. It's strange, everytime I get close to that giant Coca-Cola bottle I get rained on. So I hit the Backlot Bar to dry off.

Just for the record, I said 6 months ago that my connection in Technical Services (the guys who DO the lights) at the Studios said Osborne wasn't going anywhere in 2014. Just sayin...

10 points for Santa!  santa.gif

Excuse me, but if you're passing out points, I would like to point out that I said 9 months ago that I did not believe the rumor:

Just remember that the "rumor" is out there that Osborne lights are going to EPCOT. I don't think there was any date stipulated however.

Hmm, haven't heard that one. I heard Osborne at DisneyLand was moving or getting canned but hadn't heard about changes at DHS. Time to research.

I don't believe that rumor.

But it was just a few years back that the Osborne lights did not start until after Thanksgiving. I don't know why, but you never know what might happen. Every year is a little different.

TCD

May I also point out that Santa thought they had Osborne lights at Disneyland.

I should get at least half his points. Maybe all of them.

TCD

Who gives a wet-slap what happens at DL? Never been, can't imagine going. Apparently the vaguely remembered rumor for the parks I'm uninterested in was about the moving of their Electric Light Parade, which I also care nothing about. Whatever. I didn't claim any knowledge at that point, but I committed to go and research. And I did. And I didn't come back with reports from other rumor mills, or opinions of bus drivers. I came back with a first-hand report from someone integrally connected to the attraction. So, you don't like my points go earn some of your own... where's the water wagon, what are the blue tubs for at RC? Damn point hogs!

Who gives a wet-slap what happens at DL? Never been, can't imagine going. Apparently the vaguely remembered rumor for the parks I'm uninterested in was about the moving of their Electric Light Parade, which I also care nothing about. Whatever. I didn't claim any knowledge at that point, but I committed to go and research. And I did. And I didn't come back with reports from other rumor mills, or opinions of bus drivers. I came back with a first-hand report from someone integrally connected to the attraction. So, you don't like my points go earn some of your own... where's the water wagon, what are the blue tubs for at RC? Damn point hogs!

25 points for that post.  :)

Someone needs some milk and cookies.

TCD

Just a guess, but could the 3rd city be whatever city that the street called "Residental St" is in? That's the street that had a bunch of house movie sets that are no longer there?

I always liked that part of the backlot tour. Wasn't one of the house facades that of Golden Girls fame?

That's correct.

It also had the exterior of the house used on another long running TV series. Do you know what it was? No Googling it.

I don't know, and I always follow directions so I'm sitting on my Google.

The first time we saw Osborne lights they were along Residential Street.