Up until yesterday, if you wanted a MagicBand, and who doesn't, you had to present a valid park admission, a Memory Maker card or another MagicBand in order to link it at the time of sale.

Lucky you, now you'll be able to buy a "Link-It Later" MagicBand without needing any of that stuff. Yup, for your convenience, I'm sure that's the reason, Disney will now allow you to buy one as a gift and link it in the future.

It's currently being offered at the parks and other WDW locations, but I bet it won't be long before you see them in one of those gift card racks at your local Wal-Mart checkout counter. Mommy, mommy, I want one of those. And what good mom can say no? 

Twin #2 told me over the weekend that it had been announced that they would soon be issuing all merchandise CM's their own "on stage" Magic Bands to wear while working.

They won't do anything, but they want the CM's to wear them so guests will see them and maybe ask about them.

I saw that announcement last month on The Hub.

They made the announcement about introducing in-costume MagicBands to help educate and excite guests about MBs and MyMagic.

The program is voluntary for Merchandise, Disney Vacation Planning and Disney Planning Center CMs

They'll be able to wear MagicBands issued by Costuming as part of their costume.

Eligible Cast Members only, can choose a MB, but they're not the CMs personal MB and cannot be linked to MDE.