We have a trip planned from October 10 - 18. We will be traveling down in a 35 foot motor home. It will be me, hubby, and 6 almost 7 year old daughter and our 2 boston terriers. This is not our first Disney trip but is our first "camping" trip and first time at the Fort. We will be bringing a golf cart and do not have to be near comfort station.

I am looking for a site that has shade, we will fit comfortably, and our neighbors are not on top of us.

I have been researching the loops trying to figure out what to request. I am thinking either 1600 or 1800 along the canal.

Has anyone stayed in those sites or have other suggestions that we might like.

This site has been a great help in planning!!!

If you're looking for space between your site and your neighbors',  1600 is not the best choice in the full hook up loops.  That loop is always the fullest, and the sites are the closest together.

The 1700 loop will give you a better chance of not feeling crowded in.

Same deal between 1800 and 1900; 1900 is a lot quieter.

TCD

Thanks everyone!

I have looked at the map on google maps.  I have watched the videos on youtube.  I have looked at the sites on the app.

Now just looking for personal opinions and suggestions.

Has anyone stayed or have a opinion on the sites that look like they backup to the canal?

There are very few sites that actually back up to the canal.

So those sites are in demand.  Also, there is a grassy area between the sites and the canals, which is a designated pet walk.   You will have a view of the pet walk, but more than likely, you won't see the canal from your site.

If you don't mind folks walking dogs behind your site, then those sites are nice.  But, none of those sites are going to give you the privacy that you are looking for.

TCD

Can't comment on those loops but can give you a little insight on a canal site.

We stayed in the 1500 loop (tent/pop-up) and our site backed up to the canal.

It makes for a nice view especially if you like wild life.  We had turkeys going thru and around our site, deer across the canal, and a 5-6 foot gator swimming where we were fishing.

The 1500 loop has a pretty good sized grassy section behind it up to the canal.  It's kind of like a bonus area.  The Google satellite map shows the grassy area continuing down past 1800 and 1600.

We've stayed in 1600 our last 4 or 5 trips.  Some sites have a good bit of shade, some do not.  We were in 1608 this summer and it was pretty shady, and high and dry (it rained a LOT).  At Christmas, we were in 1605.  Again, ample space, some shade, pretty good privacy.  I would say only 3 or 4 sites really "back up" to the canal, and what TCD points out is something to consider - people will be walking behind your camper all the time, and you may have to dodge dog doo.

We like it because of the proximity to everything and the rate.  1700 seems to have more space, and maybe more shade.  That would be my 2nd choice.

I think I am going to spring for the full concrete next time.  Tired of bringing home several pounds of coquina every time!

One more thing - the comfort stations can be busy if you use them much.  1600 has 2, one shared with 1500, one shared with 1800.  

My favorite loop besides the 3000 loop is the 1800 loop. I also like the 1900 loop despite its bad reviews. My first trip to the fort was in the 1600 loop. Many good memories there. Never stayed in the 1700. Always seems to be occupied,by a church group when we are there.

My favorite loop besides the 3000 loop is the 1800 loop. I also like the 1900 loop despite its bad reviews. My first trip to the fort was in the 1600 loop. Many good memories there. Never stayed in the 1700. Always seems to be occupied,by a church group when we are there.

Last October most of 1600 was filled by a church group.

1900 was locked down with a church group last weekend during the Night of Joy event. They had their bus parked in the roadway for 2 hours, we tried to loop through there twice and were turned around both times by a guy watching the entrance to the loop.

Cody