Time till you get to the DCL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Two months and two  days till our March 3, 2015 cruise aboard the Dream. It will be a 5 day 4 night cruise with a stop at Nassau, Castaway Cay, day at sea, with Pirate night and fireworks on the last night. The 5 days seem very short. We are planning for our 20th anniversary to do the Alaskan Cruise. Can not wait for 3/2015 and for 3/2022

• 2 months later...

Well, I am finaly going to answer Lou's question.

The trip on the whole was great but the 4 year old being a super picky eater was horrible and he made me mister grumpy. We have told him that we are not going again until he can eat food other then the chicken tenders from the pool deck.

The trip on the whole was great but the 4 year old being a super picky eater was horrible and he made me mister grumpy. We have told him that we are not going again until he can eat food other then the chicken tenders from the pool deck.

I hear that the reason Lou stopped posting here is because you didn't answer his question.  

:laugh:

Knowing DCL they would have gotten him chicken tenders no matter what dining room you were in. :)

yea, they would but he also did not like them that much because they were not chicken nuggets. So, he would wait until he was starving and cranky before he would eat them.

Same with the pizza, it was not like Ledo's pizza back home.

He now has added peanut butter to his list of foods that he eats.

In all he was cranky and stuborn for most of the trip. But we also figured out that he was acting out to get attention from grandma and grandpa and away from his cousin (which lives with grandma and grandpa). So, once we seporated at disney world, he vastly improved. It was like he was a different kid from on the ship.

Now I don't recommend this approach but it worked.

Many years ago my youngest brother married a gal who had a 4 year old son who literally wouldn't eat anything but hot dogs. No bun no mustard just the hot dog. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner. in the summer time my mom watched him and my brothers daughter while both parents went to work. Well my mom said "he's not going to eat just hot dogs in my house!" They dropped them off in the morning and picked him up after work. For a week mom made them breakfast, and lunch and a snack. He refused to eat. When he got home he would eat hot dogs. That following Monday he ate all his breakfast, all of his lunch and all of his snack. My brother asked him what made him eat the food? He said "I know that grandma means it and Im tired of starving to death."

He's now 19 an eats like a horse. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

65 days until we set sail!

I just booked a VGT rate and I still can't believe it.  Talk about sticker shock (even with the savings).

DCL better be worth it! lol Excited and nervous all at the same time.

So should I got ahead and book some travel insurance?  We're thinking about using Allianz?

WBI