Crazy is, as crazy does...

I am a crazy person...and make plans to go to WDW at the most crowded times of the year. Not on purpose, but out of necessity.

The question of the hour is.....wait for it.....

What is your favorite and most reliable crowd calendar? ???

Form what I can tell, i've seen the same day on different calendars listed as "don't go near the park" to "you're the only on there."

:wine:

Form what I can tell, i've seen the same day on different calendars listed as "don't go near the park" to "you're the only on there."

I think you just answered your own question. If they were accurate, shouldn't they all say the same thing? But they don't, so which one is right, which one is not.

Whatever calendar you decide to use, take it with a large grain of salt.

Here's my strategy, just go. If it's too busy, go somewhere else.

I think knowing how you/your family likes to tour is important. Like my family would probably never make AM magic hours, so we make sure we avoid the park that has them that day or we would get there say 2 hours after everyone and the place would be jamming already. We avoid HS when Fantasmic is showing because we don't watch it but it brings in the crowds.

I agree with Beckers.  We were going to plan around morning extra magic hours this trip, then realized #1, we're on vacation, not a work schedule, #2, we have 4 pets to attend to in the AM and #3, I have a hard time getting Sleeping Beauty (i.e. the 29-year-old daughter) out of bed in the am.  So we changed our plans to pretty much go to the park that had the Evening EMH the night before.  I'll use touring plans.com's crowd calendar.  They will tell you what they predicted and what it turned out to be, and most times, they are pretty good.  No matter what park you go to, if you use a touring plan, it'll get you to what you want to do with minimal waiting.  I don't know about easywdw, but touringplans will work your fast pass+ times into their plans for your day, and you can pick and choose what attractions you want to see and do. 

I am going during a pretty slow time and they have it scheduled every night.

Interesting! I wonder what that's about?

We're usually there sometime between late October and early December. Other than Thanksgiving week, it isn't a super busy time of the year (although probably a bit busier than when Marty is going) and the parks generally close fairly early. 

I forget when they started scaling back Fantasmic (2-3 years ago?), but since then I don't think we've ever been there when it's been scheduled every night.

I have nothing to add as far as crowd calendars go because we've never used them.

My wife is a school teacher so we are always there on holidays with everyone else, I honestly can't remember the last time we saw a park that wasn't busy.  There are ways to work around even the busiest parks and still see and do everything you want to, as lots of Fiends have proved.  I don't remember what I was getting at...

I think its all what you make of it.  Superloopers just posted his trip report from early September and his pictures showed very light crowds.  Well a friend of mine from work was there the same week with her family for their first time ever at Disney World, and would you believe they complained about all the people and wait times.  After getting some details, they had over booked themselves on sit down meals and FP+ and all the kids wanted to do was ride rides, no shows.  Then she told me they only got to ride a few rides back to back without getting off?  What the Fort?  They rode rides twice in a row without getting off and she thought it was crowded!!  I guess my point is that it all depends on you're expectations, my friends expected zero lines and lots of roller coasters, when we go we know we can't ride everything right when we want, but we go with the flow, nbd we'll do it later.  If you have the right mindset it's great no matter how crowded it is!

WBI

^THIS^

Expectations are HUGE when it comes to visiting WDW, and so is perspective.

One person's "it wasn't busy at all" might be another person's "OMGZ it was packed!"

If I got to ride anything back-to-back, I would consider that a super light day... and awesome!  The only time that's happened is occasionally on the People Mover (especially at night), and one particularly chilly night on Splash Mountain when only we crazy northerners wanted to get wet.  8)

^THIS^

One person's "it wasn't busy at all" might be another person's "OMGZ it was packed!"

If I got to ride anything back-to-back, I would consider that a super light day... and awesome!  The only time that's happened is occasionally on the People Mover (especially at night), and one particularly chilly night on Splash Mountain when only we crazy northerners wanted to get wet.  8)

Exactly!!!

It was a huge deal when I got to ride something back to back and I know it hasn't happened often or recently.

WBI

Interesting! I wonder what that's about?

We're usually there sometime between late October and early December. Other than Thanksgiving week, it isn't a super busy time of the year (although probably a bit busier than when Marty is going) and the parks generally close fairly early. 

I forget when they started scaling back Fantasmic (2-3 years ago?), but since then I don't think we've ever been there when it's been scheduled every night.

I don't know about previous years, but this years calendar shows it every night except for 11.

^THIS^

Ya'll are so right. We were last there in July, but got all our fast passes for 7pm or later.  Granted, we were meeting Anna at Elsa at 10:45 at night, BUT after the fireworks, lots of people clear out. Not to mention that it was MUCH cooler. So basically, we stayed up really late and slept in. Then DD and I would resort hop to trade pins or window shop on Main Street in the late morning.  For us, alot of the big rides with the long lines aren't on the list because DD is scared of anything that might have any sort of drop at all...

I generally use the crowd calendar to make an educated guess on which park **might** be slightly less crowded and get fast passes for that park.  Since we are AP holders, we can pop into another park to catch a show, shop, have a snack, etc. 8)

Veeeeery interesting!

Did somebody find a bag of money in the basement of TOT and say, "might as well blow it on Fantasmic"?

They just scraped up the loose change that fell out of everyone's pockets.    :rofl2: