How to Get a Discount on Annual Passes

Thanks Carol.  While I was waiting for your reply actually fond a link from Allears to Maple Leaf Tickets that saved an additional $20 per ticket over the UT tickets.

I have always used UT in the past, but all the research I did shows Maple Leaf just as good and the extra cash helps....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just as an update -   It worked like a charm. We got the 10 day hoppers for $996 We entered Epcot with the hoppers and walked in a circle to the exit. Went to their guest services and u

There is a little known trick to getting some savings on Annual Passes. It takes a bit of planning, but can save some (sometimes significant) coin on an Annual Pass.   First off there are the traditio

Still works! Went to TTC. Saved $140+ on 2 APs. CM needed help to do it but was very nice. Advice... Be patient and don't be in a rush. :) Thanks again Carol!!!

On 9/22/2018 at 1:12 PM, tim5055 said:

Well, Mo is the last one to talk about this last October.  Does it still work?

UT has a couple of tickets that are a $65 discount, so it would be a $130 savings for the two of us.   As we are looking at several trips over the next year the AP would be worth is.....

Carol??

But wait, there's more!

Just took a peek at UT and they currently have a ticket that's $71 off gate price - 10 Day Park Hopper plus for $530.83.    🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update -

It worked like a charm. We got the 10 day hoppers for $996

We entered Epcot with the hoppers and walked in a circle to the exit. Went to their guest services and upgraded to 2 AP’s for $700. 

That ended up saving $110 plus a few cents over just purchasing 2 AP’s!

While at guest services we had our tickets prioritized on the Magic Bands so the AP’s get used rather than the 7 das remaining on our non-expiring tickets. We even found we had 4 remaining “pluses” each, giving us 4 water park entries....

13 hours ago, tim5055 said:

Just as an update -

It worked like a charm. We got the 10 day hoppers for $996

We entered Epcot with the hoppers and walked in a circle to the exit. Went to their guest services and upgraded to 2 AP’s for $700. 

That ended up saving $110 plus a few cents over just purchasing 2 AP’s!

While at guest services we had our tickets prioritized on the Magic Bands so the AP’s get used rather than the 7 das remaining on our non-expiring tickets. We even found we had 4 remaining “pluses” each, giving us 4 water park entries....

Excellent!!  

• 2 months later...

Our non-expiring tickets are almost all used up, just a day or two left on a ticket or two now. It was a good run....

Looking at some annual passes as the best way to relatively affordable Disney Parks now. Just read this whole thread. Seems like a good way to save a few bucks as there are 5 of us. I'm puzzled by the note above though: "No recommended bridge ticket, all are higher than gate price of this pass." for the weekday resident pass though . A 3 day pass would cost a bit less than the annual pass and save $34 ($307.94 < $312 + tax). Are the base tickets not eligible to bridge or something? First post just says "Magic Your Way" ticket, aren't all tickets Magic Your Way now? Maybe not? May not work with the variable pricing vs day now?

Thanks,

Tim

I honestly haven't looked at pricing in a long while. Back when I originally looked at all the pricing, there were not any FL Resident tickets that were a good match for bridging. There may be now, and then you also have to account for the monthly payment plan that FL Residents can enjoy, so it may not be a good option.

On 1/5/2019 at 8:32 PM, ennonne said:

Our non-expiring tickets are almost all used up, just a day or two left on a ticket or two now. It was a good run....

Looking at some annual passes as the best way to relatively affordable Disney Parks now. Just read this whole thread. Seems like a good way to save a few bucks as there are 5 of us. I'm puzzled by the note above though: "No recommended bridge ticket, all are higher than gate price of this pass." for the weekday resident pass though . A 3 day pass would cost a bit less than the annual pass and save $34 ($307.94 < $312 + tax). Are the base tickets not eligible to bridge or something? First post just says "Magic Your Way" ticket, aren't all tickets Magic Your Way now? Maybe not? May not work with the variable pricing vs day now?

Thanks,

Tim

I just took a look at Undercover Tourist and there is a small savings to be had on FL resident tickets, but the new variable pricing does have an effect.

Example...

The ticket with the biggest savings if the 4 day PH
For a ticket starting Jan 9 the savings is $19
...Jun 18 = $20
...Sep 12 = $19
...Dec 25 = $21

Unless something has changed very recently, base tickets have been eligible to bridge in the past, but I don't think we have any reports of anyone doing this since the new variable pricing kicked in to confirm.

My two cents, Silver Passholders should get special deals/discounts and better prices since we are banned from going during peak times.  I know we pay less, but it should be even less...

We help out for crowd controls. 

I'm still ticked that we didn't get invites for the Passholder days at ToyStory land.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...