Puerto Rico pavilion coming to Epcot?

Sorry Ray, but Puerto Rico is not a sovereign country, that's my first issue.

Second, really, the people that live there can't wait to get out. Give me a break.

Third, they speak Spanish. Don't get me started.

Save the space for a real country.

Other countries have entered into discussions with Disney about sponsoring a pavilion and it never went past the discussion stage.

If it happens, I'll believe it when Disney announces it.

Ray, name a Puerto Rican food. At least Cuba has the Cuban sandwich.

Ok. most, I think it was about 95%, want to be part of USA either as a state or territory. They love america. And don't want to be a sovereign nation.

As far a s food is concerned. Try some real Puerto Rican food and you'll understand why we need a pavilion or at least a full time food booth.

Mofongo "is the unofficial king of Puerto Rican cuisine. This is a tasty and filling concoction of mashed plantain, seasonings and a virtually unlimited choice of filling; vegetarian, shrimp, steak, pork, seafood. "

It's a sweet and savory dish that you'll never forget once you try it.

"If mofongo is the unofficial standard of Puerto Rico, arroz con gandules is the national dish of the island. Pigeon peas with rice has distinctly Caribbean roots, but the 'Rican twist to the dish is its secret sauce, known as sofrito. Arroz con gandules is typically made with ham, pork, chorizo, red peppers and olives."

But my two favorites are arroz con pollo. Rice and chicken. My Puerto Rican grandmother made it all the time and passed on the recipe to my german mother and we ate it several times a month. It's what I would call a comfort food.

But to me one of my top 5 best ever dishes is Lechon.

Lechon is a roast succulent pig. It is the best pork dish you'll ever taste. The crispy skin and the juicy meat will make you want to move to the island. The Lechon is reason enough to give them their own pavilion.

...Try some real Puerto Rican food and you'll understand why we need a pavilion or at least a full time food booth.

Mofongo "is the unofficial king of Puerto Rican cuisine. This is a tasty and filling concoction of mashed plantain, seasonings and a virtually unlimited choice of filling; vegetarian, shrimp, steak, pork, seafood. "

It's a sweet and savory dish that you'll never forget once you try it.

"If mofongo is the unofficial standard of Puerto Rico, arroz con gandules is the national dish of the island. Pigeon peas with rice has distinctly Caribbean roots, but the 'Rican twist to the dish is its secret sauce, known as sofrito. Arroz con gandules is typically made with ham, pork, chorizo, red peppers and olives."

But my two favorites are arroz con pollo. Rice and chicken. My Puerto Rican grandmother made it all the time and passed on the recipe to my german mother and we ate it several times a month. It's what I would call a comfort food.

But to me one of my top 5 best ever dishes is Lechon.

Lechon is a roast succulent pig. It is the best pork dish you'll ever taste. The crispy skin and the juicy meat will make you want to move to the island. The Lechon is reason enough to give them their own pavilion.

All that and a bag of chicharones!  :)

The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States.

Yes. And your point is?

Is there a Disney law that says it has to a country to have a pavillion?

It's called World showcase not country showcase.

I would think it would be neat if they added several new countries. Australia, India, Brazil. Yes I said Brazil. Lol.

I'll give up trying to get Puerto Rico it's own pavillion if we can all work on getting Brazil it's pavillion. FUEGO!!!

And your point is?

That it's not a country. Are there any other territories in the WS?

Is there a Disney law that says it has to a country to have a pavillion?

Disney has rules and policies, but I doubt it has any laws.

It's called World showcase not country showcase.

It's also not called the "Territories of the United States" Showcase.

I'll give up trying to get Puerto Rico it's own pavillion if we can all work on getting Brazil it's pavillion.

That would at least make some sense.

Puerto Rico has a population of less than 4 million. Brazil has a population of 204 million, which equates to mucho dinero para el ratón.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....Brazilian Pavilion = late February Carnival celebration = $$$$$ for Disney.

You were right then and you're right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually added a Carnival related event. 

Disney caters, big time, to the south american tour groups now, and it's only going to get bigger. 

I have asked Bobby for a Pennsylvania pavilion. Still waiting for his reply.

You were right then and you're right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually added a Carnival related event. 

Disney caters, big time, to the south american tour groups now, and it's only going to get bigger. 

Ugh! Can't we just encourage them to build a Disney down there? Sorry still bad memories from my trip in January. 

Ugh! Can't we just encourage them to build a Disney down there? Sorry still bad memories from my trip in January. 

But if they don't come, I'm out on the street corner with a sign that says "out of work, will be snarky for money". You don't want that on your head, or do you?