What is your perception vs reality of being a CM

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May be magical for you but what about all the other poor unsuspecting souls.  

One of these days you're gonna think, gee, I wish I could get into that Illuminations VIP viewing area so that I don't have to find a spot an hour before they start. And you'll also think, I shoulda b

Though we cant give out castle suite stays or family vacations, every CM has the power to give little things to help make the guest experience better.   An ice cream for the little princess who droppe

Great story Dave.

I bet she has told that story to a dozen people by now.

Question for Dave and/or Lou.

What, if any, is Disney's official policy on CM going above and beyond the call of duty to help a guest and make a magical memory for them.

Like Dave said. The CM could she just told her where to get the special treats.

The CM are empowered to do what it takes within their power to assist a guest or make a magical moment when they see fit, Guest recovery comes first. If a guest comes out of the Mickey room and the photos they had taken were dark. It is up to the CM to assist up to their ability. Front line cast can not promise a guest more than $10 without getting a coordinator involved. But it doesnt have to be monetary. They can speak to the Mickey attendants and get them right back in to have more photos taken. They can issue a no strings voucher that can be used several different ways, Priority access to and attraction, free ice cream, free shirt within their limit.

Coordinators carry these vouchers on them to help assist with recovery. Coordinators have a higher dollar threshold as does leaders. We try to use the lowest level to fix the issue.

As well, any CM can get a child a new ice cream if they like. They are empowered to do so. Popped ballons can be replaced.Again, this is all taught to them from day 1.

Then the magical moments we do for fun. We had a few photographers that would get a few balloons every night and hand them out to random kids. Who got the balloons? Depended on how they felt. Cutest, most well behaved, best costume, etc.

You read my other stories above.

As a coordinator I have the power to make some magic for the cast as well. I carry candy with me and if the other CMs are doing what they are supposed to, they get a few pieces, Brightens their day and they pass on that good feeling when dealing with the guest. Last night the photographers at TS Holiday (the shot with the pumpkin) there was no line and the headless horseman was coming down the street. I threw them into the shot and took their picture with the horseman in the background. It was printed out and given to them.