We're in the truck heading home from an amazing trip at the Fort (my family got to fly in for this trip so it was extra, extra special). Hate the drive back day though....the ride home always seems so much longer! Yuck. Anyway.... :)

We had breakfast at Trails End before heading out this morning and there were two tables near us (separate parties) that had a CM dining and they presented the server with a card (ID badge maybe) and I heard one of them mention a discount; this got me thinking...what type of discounts do Disney employees get? And, do those discounts apply to others as I got the impression that the discount would be applied to the total (dining) bill.

Lou? Others...?

There are always a lot of CM's dining at Trail's End, as they currently get 40% off of the bill.

I'm not sure if there's a guest limit, but everyone in the party gets the discount.

I just ate there with my daughters last week- 40% the bill for the whole table.

At other dining locations, College Program CM's only get 20% off, but they have a special offer open to them at Trail's End.

TCD

We're in the truck heading home from an amazing trip at the Fort (my family got to fly in for this trip so it was extra, extra special). Hate the drive back day though....the ride home always seems so much longer! Yuck. Anyway.... :)

We had breakfast at Trails End before heading out this morning and there were two tables near us (separate parties) that had a CM dining and they presented the server with a card (ID badge maybe) and I heard one of them mention a discount; this got me thinking...what type of discounts do Disney employees get? And, do those discounts apply to others as I got the impression that the discount would be applied to the total (dining) bill.

Lou? Others...?

Walked past your camper this weekend.  We were in the 200 loop.  Looked like nobody was home.  Glad you had a great time.

My wife is a cast member and we get 40% off of lunch and breakfast.  Technically it is limited to the number of people on your Maingate/Silver Pass, but most restaurants that participate give it to your table unless it is out of hand.  

Can't beat breakfast at Trails End at any price.

Walked past your camper this weekend.

Looped by Nacole's site with the same result.

CMs get 20% off at participating restaurants, subject to block-out dates, but they also get a 40% discount at eight restaurants.

In addition, CMs get a holiday package which among other things, includes 3 dining coupons. One each with 30, 40,and 50% off.

The tip which is based on the full price is automatically added to the check.

Walked past your camper this weekend. We were in the 200 loop. Looked like nobody was home. Glad you had a great time.

My wife is a cast member and we get 40% off of lunch and breakfast. Technically it is limited to the number of people on your Maingate/Silver Pass, but most restaurants that participate give it to your table unless it is out of hand.

Can't beat breakfast at Trails End at any price.

I know...with my family in town, we were very busy with activities...sorry we didn't get to meet! We walked the 200 loop, did I miss your sign? It was starting to get dark when we walked over there, so I definitely could have missed it.

Looped by Nacole's site with the same result.

CMs get 20% off at participating restaurants, subject to block-out dates, but they also get a 40% discount at eight restaurants.

In addition, CMs get a holiday package which among other things, includes 3 dining coupons. One each with 30, 40,and 50% off.

The tip which is based on the full price is automatically added to the check.

Man Lou...and here I had apple pie waiting! ;) Sorry we missed you. Thanks for the breakdown of the discounts.

There are always a lot of CM's dining at Trail's End, as they currently get 40% off of the bill.

I'm not sure if there's a guest limit, but everyone in the party gets the discount.

I just ate there with my daughters last week- 40% the bill for the whole table.

At other dining locations, College Program CM's only get 20% off, but they have a special offer open to them at Trail's End.

TCD

Apparently we should have made friends with the CM at one of those tables :)

Every time I read stuff like this I look around and try to figure out which kid i can talk into working at WDW and what job to train them for.

I'm working on Jessica. Of course her response is she wants to be one of the princesses. I try to get her to see there are many roles in case that one does not work out.

Every time I read stuff like this I look around and try to figure out which kid i can talk into working at WDW and what job to train them for.

Every time I read this stuff I try to figure out how I can talk Lou into adopting me.

I'm perfect for him.

I love to yell at kids.

I rode on a bus before.

I've been represented by many attorneys.

We are both foreigners.

And I prefer cake over pie so Lou can eat all the apple pie.

And we are both extremely good looking. (And modest).

I know...with my family in town, we were very busy with activities...sorry we didn't get to meet! We walked the 200 loop, did I miss your sign? It was starting to get dark when we walked over there, so I definitely could have missed it.

Don't have a Fiends sign.  If you remember a red Ram 1500 with a cast member sunshade in the window and a silver camper, that was us.  We were in spot 223.  You had great weather for your trip!

Don't have a Fiends sign.  If you remember a red Ram 1500 with a cast member sunshade in the window and a silver camper, that was us.  We were in spot 223.  You had great weather for your trip!

Hmm... can't say that I remember the truck (sorry!).  Our kids were pretty focused on looking at the lights/decorations on sites :)   YES... the weather was AMAZING!  Very, very blessed.  Best trip yet :)

Hmm... can't say that I remember the truck (sorry!).  Our kids were pretty focused on looking at the lights/decorations on sites :)   YES... the weather was AMAZING!  Very, very blessed.  Best trip yet :)

Some of those decorations were pretty extensive!  We enjoyed them as well.  Glad you had a great time.

I was taking the term "Fiend CM" literally, but absolutely, a CM discount is a CM discount. 

There is a least one more spouse of a CM on here too.

Lou,

You are still correct, since in terms of the dining discount, the cast member MUST be present.  While I can use my silver pass (as the husband of a CM) to get the merchandise discounts, I cannot get a dining discount. My wife must be there and show her ID, not silver pass.

Lou,

You are still correct, since in terms of the dining discount, the cast member MUST be present.  While I can use my silver pass (as the husband of a CM) to get the merchandise discounts, I cannot get a dining discount. My wife must be there and show her ID, not silver pass.

I didn't even think of that as it applies to the dining discount, but you're right.

I was more addressing Gretchen's comment about there being more CM Fiends and that I didn't know who they were.

It's now just Dave Devores and myself.

Yes that's true, I can't get the dining discount unless the DH is there to show his id.  Of course I twist his arm when needed.

I did think there were more CM fiends than just you two, Lou.  Maybe I keep hearing "I wish or want to work at WDW"  and brain took that and messed with it.

" Technically it is limited to the number of people on your Maingate/Silver Pass,

but most restaurants that participate give it to your table unless it is out of hand. " 

I learned something new, we have always been careful to keep to the number on the pass.  BUT now I know!