We've been blessed this first year with our little hybrid camper as we've had wonderful weather for our camping trips.  This past week, while at the Fort, we had one afternoon/evening of rain and I realized that the inside of our camper sounds like the rain is hitting a small (albeit, very LOUD) tin can.

Curious... do all campers sound loud (inside) in the rain or as you move up to larger, more expensive, rigs...is there more insulation?

The rain never bothers me in the TT, kinda relaxing, but in one campground at the right time of year we had acorns falling all night long.  They were loud, and very disconcerting till we figured out what it was!

The rain never bothers me in the TT, kinda relaxing, but in one campground at the right time of year we had acorns falling all night long.  They were loud, and very disconcerting till we figured out what it was!

You know what... now that you say that, I wonder if part of it was tree debris... 

The hard shell on our hybrid is only about 18 -20 feet, so it's not big which makes me wonder if the sound feels louder in a that compact space.

The Cypress Trees at The Fort drop small chunks that sound like boulders ...

Hmmm... maybe that was it?

Watch out the acorns do not break your vent covers, that's where the Max air covers come in hand,  like a second layer of protection

Thanks Rennie...we actually have those covers on our trailer.  Now I understand why :)