FP... I guess I have not been paying attention...

I'm sure this has been outlined here on Fort Fiends before, but (apparently) I missed it or was not paying attention because I did not know this:

Did you know that after you’ve used the 3 initial Disney FastPass+ experiences you selected at one park, you could visit aDisney FastPass+ kiosk location at a different park and select an additional one, and that each time you use that additional one you can select another at that park?

Disney sent me their standard survey after our visit last week and this was one of the questions.  I knew that you could get a 4th pass, after you used your first 3, but I did not know that you could do so at a different park... and then pick another at that park once you used the 4th FP.  Then again, we don't park hop so not a huge thing for us and after 3 FPs we're usually ready to head back to the Fort anyway :rolleyes:   However... passing it along in case those of you who do park hop, missed this update as well :)

I did not know so you can lump me in the "not knowing" crowd.  I have over analyzed the whole FP thing and read up as much as possible.  To be honest, it is going to take hands on and experience under my belt for me to be able to know the ins and outs of that system.  I spent a few hours trying to grab as many FP that I could then realized that they had to all fit together in the same time slots.  Now I think I need to go back and try to reserve early slots so I can use them and get afternoon ones.  

I am sure that it will be a lovely system after I figure it out!

Don't get too excited about this.

After you use 3 FP+'s at one park, and travel to another, it will be noon or later.

Unless you are there at a very slow time, the pickings at the new park will be very slim. Understand that you must go to the new park and visit a kiosk there to find out what your choices are for the 4th FP+.  You can't book them online or via the app- you have to physically go to the park and check.  If the second park you visit is Epcot or Hollywood Studios, it is highly likely that all Tier 1 choices will be gone.  You will be relegated to choosing a 4th FP+ for something that you used to be able to ride with no wait and no FP+ in the past (e.g. Captain EO at Epcot or The Little Mermaid show at DHS).  If the Magic Kingdom is your second park, you might have a few choices such as the Little Mermaid ride or Buzz Lightyear, but you're not going to get a 4th FP+ for one of the mountains.

TCD

we actually tried the 4th FP system yesterday just for giggles, but in the same park. Not too many choices available. We chose Mickey's Philharmagic. BUT the 4th FP does NOT show up in your MDE account, and we went off to do something else and then forgot what time it was, so we blew it off.

I really wish the FP+ system would send you a text or email. I set all my other FP+ into my Outlook calendar. Otherwise, we'd never make any of them.

Don't get too excited about this.

After you use 3 FP+'s at one park, and travel to another, it will be noon or later.

Unless you are there at a very slow time, the pickings at the new park will be very slim.

we actually tried the 4th FP system yesterday just for giggles, but in the same park. Not too many choices available.

Yup.

I did this back in May.  Our FP were all at HS in the morning. 

We were able to get our 4th FP at AK for Kilimanjaro Safaris when we got to the park around noon, but as it turned out, we really wouldn't have needed it as the stand-by line was super short.

By the time we got to Epcot around 3pm and tried to get one for Soarin, the only time available was around 10pm.  We weren't going to be staying that long, so we didn't take it.

The only place where the 4th FP is useful is the MK. I've been able to get HM, Pooh, JC, Pirates, Tink... so it's good for stuff like that. 

Agreed.  And the choices diminish as the day goes on.  If you want to take advantage of the 4th FP+, you probably are better off not hopping to the MK from another park.  It's more advantageous to start and stay in the MK.

TCD

4th FP+ SMB as far as I'm concerned. By the time you stand in line at the kiosk getting the FP+ then go to the attraction and stand in FP- line or have to wait around for your time to come up, you could have just stood in the stand by line. All just to ride an attraction you probably don't care all that much for anyway.  

4th FP+ SMB as far as I'm concerned. By the time you stand in line at the kiosk getting the FP+ then go to the attraction and stand in FP- line or have to wait around for your time to come up, you could have just stood in the stand by line. All just to ride an attraction you probably don't care all that much for anyway.  

I think it depends upon the kiosk. When we were at the MK we found many of the kiosks had fairly long lines but we only waited a short time for the kiosk station located at the Jungle Cruise. I agree however that FP usefulness really depends upon the stand by wait time and we found that some FP lines weren't really that much faster.

I think it depends upon the kiosk. When we were at the MK we found many of the kiosks had fairly long lines but we only waited a short time for the kiosk station located at the Jungle Cruise. I agree however that FP usefulness really depends upon the stand by wait time and we found that some FP lines weren't really that much faster.

The wait times at kiosks can vary wildly.  I had one of my longest waits ever at the Jungle Cruise kiosks.  But, you had a short wait.

Which raises another point: they keep moving these dang kiosks around, and have some closed some of the time.  They've removed all of the Storybook Circus kiosks, which is where I used to like to go.  At DHS, they seem to have the kiosks at the old tip board closed more than they have them open.  The Animal Kingdom ones seem to be a moving target.  They're never in the same place-they rely on CM's with iPads there more than they seem to at other parks.

All of that is yet another reason why the 4th FP+ isn't such a great thing.  As you said, by the time you go to all the trouble, you probably could have gone directly to the attraction and ridden it.

TCD

The 4th FP was a ploy to shut people up who complained about only having 3FP. TCD hit it on the head with your choices later in the day. Who wants a FP for captian EO? I have never tried but I would think your best bet for a good 4th FP would be get 3 super early FPs at MK then haul butt to another park in hopes of getting a good 4th choice

The 4th FP was a ploy to shut people up who complained about only having 3FP. TCD hit it on the head with your choices later in the day. Who wants a FP for captian EO? I have never tried but I would think your best bet for a good 4th FP would be get 3 super early FPs at MK then haul butt to another park in hopes of getting a good 4th choice

I am hoping I am wrong but I tend to speak with my wallet. Disney has been warned about the new system, but they probably won't miss my family's $5,000 anyway.