I know it's Halloween, but this place is a "Ghost Town".

We almost came up this weekend but that cold snap coming through on Saturday is going to be a bit too cold for baby in the pop up in the middle of the night. Otherwise, what gorgeous weather you all are going to have!! Absolutely perfect if you like clear blue skies and crisp fall air :). Enjoy!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll be getting there Sunday!! Wahoo! Plus, I'll post later too, but I'm recording a live podcast all about the Fort Wilderness RR with Disney historian Jim Korkis. I'll try to do it at Meadow Trad

I just got a weather alert on my phone showing a Winter Storm Warning for the Gatlinburg area. I wonder if I could convince Steve to turn around and head to the Fort instead.

I hope we don't encounter anything like that as we are going to be camping in Pigeon Forge in about 2 weeks.  I told DW that we were subject to freezing our backsides off, but she insisted we go for a few days.

Had to work and didn't get to the Fort until 8, but Dave was right, I did see ghosts walking around.

The front of the Fort was packed. The parking lots were full, the grassy area across from the overflow lot was full, and the CM road was full on both sides. The internal buses were busy taking busload after busload of outsiders in for Trick or Treating. Just another typical Halloween at the Fort.

Had to work and didn't get to the Fort until 8, but Dave was right, I did see ghosts walking around.

The front of the Fort was packed. The parking lots were full, the grassy area across from the overflow lot was full, and the CM road was full on both sides. The internal buses were busy taking busload after busload of outsiders in for Trick or Treating. Just another typical Halloween at the Fort.

I did see a report elsewhere that at some point they were checking people driving in to see if they were staying there or had an ADR.

From the sounds of it, they waited a little too long. 

I did see a report elsewhere that at some point they were checking people driving in to see if they were staying there or had an ADR.

From the sounds of it, they waited a little too long.

The front lots as well as the grass next to the riding stable are still full. They are parking cars for the HDDR and BYBBQ in the grass by the Hitch/Unhitch. I think alot of people had guests staying over since you can have 10 people. May not have been too many outsiders last night.