• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As luck would have it the TCD gang was at the Fort this past weekend, and I can report on the state of the ice at the Fort.   Here are some photos of the 1500 loop ice machine.  It does, indeed, have

Ken, are you disparaging the beautiful slush ice you get from the CS machines?   It's much easier to chew on than the trading post ice.

Thank you, Wandering O-Ken. 

OK, just looped and took pics of all CS ice machines and yes, the coin holders in some have been changed to hold 3.75. It's pretty random. Will update with pics when I get home

Thanks Carol - good to know!

If you happen to find yourself at the trading post, can you take a peek and see if the price has changed there also?  :)

There you have it folks. If Carol says it's so, it's so.

Great job!

Carol did you notice a name on the coin chute?

I bet it's a monarch Monarch is the only one that I know that makes a coin chute that maxs out at $3.75. The others go to $4.00. And you know if Disney used one that maxs out at $4.00 a bag of ice would be $4.00. Lol

I still think any price changes are unlikely. I suspect this is a situation where we will have to agree to disagree.

You are correct. We just have to agree to this agree. Like I said its to cheap and to easy to change out a chute and make more money.

Disney will recoup its investment in one weekend.

Hmm, $3.25 a bag? I mean, part of the reason I get the ice is to entertain others...ya know, when I am standing there with my cooler, that is too small to hold all the ice the machine spits out? Ice starts flying everywhere whilst I try to catch the remainder with one of those flimsy ice bags?

I suppose I could sell tickets to off set the cost....

As luck would have it the TCD gang was at the Fort this past weekend, and I can report on the state of the ice at the Fort.

Here are some photos of the 1500 loop ice machine.  It does, indeed, have a new coin chute:

11514477_zps4b664b0f.jpg

That chute can hold more than $2.00 in quarters, but the sign on the machine says that ice is $2.00, and if you look closely, you can see that there are only four slots open to accept two quarters each:

11514478_zpsa1dee2ac.jpg

Although the chute is new, the blocked slots are not new.  There are other ice machines around the Fort with older chutes that have the same blocked slots.  The one outside the Meadow Trading Post is an example of that.

Some of the ice machines have a different chute configuration.  This is the ice machine on 1200/1300- it takes just one quarter in each of the open slots:

11514490_zps7a20aac0.jpg

Ray was correct about the manufacturer of the ice chutes:

11514491_zpsfb99b8a8.jpg

DIT mentioned that the ice machines may be owned and operated by a third party.  I'm not sure if they are or aren't, but this decal was on the ice machine in the 1500 loop:

11514479_zps7189fadf.jpg

Those who reported that 10 lb bags of ice are $2.75 at the Trading Posts are correct, and here's a receipt from this weekend to prove it:

11514493_zpse133e732.jpg

And here's something that I forgot when I made that purchase. Ice (and other grocery items) is qualified for the 10% passholder discount when purchased at the Trading Posts.  That brings the cost to below $2.50 a bag.

One last point- the idea of a price increase in ice is not a new one.

I took this photo in 2007 outside one of the comfort stations on the 2000 loop.  For a while, they were charging $2.50 a bag for ice there, while all the other Fort ice machines only charged $2.00.  I'm not sure what that was all about, but the ice machines there went back to $2.00, and have stayed there since:

icemachine_zps53d00209.jpg

Bottom line:

Ice is still $2.00 a bag at the machines (7 lb bag), and $2.75 a bag at the Trading Posts (10 lb bag).

TCD

TCD, there wasn't a yellow sticker on the right of the 1500 machine that said the ice was $3.25?

It was there over Halloween, the price surprised me.  Maybe it was someones idea of a joke.

I didn't check out any other Loops.

No, there was no yellow sticker.

It must have been a joke.

I did check other loops- all of them said ice is $2.00.

No way are they going to get away with that big of a price increase all at one time.

TCD

You can buy an ice maker for around $100.00.  Mine makes 33lbs per day. I set it up when I use the pop up camper outside under the rear bed. just plug it in add water and you have cubes in no time.

here is one from home depot    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-27-lb-Portable-Countertop-Ice-Maker-in-Silver-HNIM27SV/204351375?N=5yc1vZc3py