Lost my mind, finally starting the report!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stop with the could be better, but. Y kids are cute pictures from Chef Mickey's. I'm really glad I was able to get an ADR there, the kids loved it. The price was a bit ridiculous, but worth it. What food I managed to eat was really good. But 2 kids at a buffet with one parent? Not that easy. The hardest part was holding the baby away for the buffet while I tried to fix our plates.

While we were eating Adam realized we didn't have autograph books. If Disney was smart, they would sell them at the desk of all character meals. After we finished we went into the shop and bought one for each of them. And some ridiculous pen, $31 later we were out of there. Oh and the ridiculous pen? It doesn't work and I forgot to exchange it, so that was $10 wasted.

15828950541_b3dd43e505.jpg

I saw a CM and asked when the Mickey wreath was going up and she said she didn't know if it was going up at up due to the maintenance it requires?

We went outside where I hoped to get a nice picture but the baby was approaching her nap, it's kinda yucky out so this is what we got.

15645045109_bc1233f13e.jpg I tried.

We rode the boat back and I stopped to buy some water. A gallon was $2.95 or a 20 oz was $2.50. That makes no sense at all, so I went with the gallon. I can't stand tap water, so I would have paid $20 for it.

The baby took her nap and Adam spent more time digging. When she woke up Jason took us looping and we met Shannon. Adam would not get off the cart, I think he was so shocked, confused, and didn't know what to think. He's really a shy kid at first until he gets to know someone and then he doesn't leave them alone.

Adam has been interested in geysers since seeing them in Planes (I think?) and I told him we could see one in Disney. He was pretty excited about it so we were going to take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge, we ended up waiting a while for a boat.

So there was a resort boat waiting but they were going to the Contemporary first , then WL and they said I should wait for the other boat because it would be quicker. Stupidly, I listened. With kids I think it's always better to be moving and not standing on a dock praying no one ends up in the water.

Once we got to the WL I realized that construction on the pool meant no geyser. Whoops. Thankfully Adam was pretty happy just checking the place out and didn't mind that we couldn't see it.

While we were walking inside you could see a lot of the plumbing work that was being done around the pool and stuff. The family in front of us were plumbers and they stopped and were picking apart what they saw, saying what they thought was done improperly.

We wanted to grab food while we were here but decided to look around first. We ended up in the store and Adam got his coon skin hat. It says it's an adult size but it's pretty snug. Then I noticed Adam has a huge welt on his arm. So back to the store and $6 later we had some cream.

We went to Whispering Canyon to see if we could get sat for lunch but it was 2:39 and they stopped seating people at 2:30. So we went to Roaring Forks. I ordered 2 kids meals, pasta for the kids to share and a turkey and cheese on goldfish bread for me. After this we headed back to the Fort.

We spent more time at the playground, Squished loved the slides. I don't have any pictures because I was by myself and I can't hold her and take pictures. My parents went to HDDR that night and really enjoyed it. Later that night Lou stopped by and we were spiked.

15646242980_4f99844402.jpg

We had a mini gathering that night, mikeypro and Dalspot (Karen and Tom) came over for a bit and we had a nice visit. It was nice to meet Mike and good to see Karen and Tom and their daughter. The bugs however, were not welcomed but they showed up anyway. We ended up with some decent sized bites, but I think Jason won for quantity. Jason, Adam, Mike and I went to the beach to watch EWP, I still feel awful we didn't invite Lou to come back and watch it.

We spent more time at the playground, Squished loved the slides. I don't have any pictures because I was by myself and I can't hold her and take pictures. My parents went to HDDR that night and really enjoyed it. Later that night Lou stopped by and we were spiked.

15646242980_4f99844402.jpg

We had a mini gathering that night, mikeypro and Dalspot (Karen and Tom) came over for a bit and we had a nice visit. It was nice to meet Mike and good to see Karen and Tom and their daughter. The bugs however, were not welcomed but they showed up anyway. We ended up with some decent sized bites, but I think Jason won for quantity. Jason, Adam, Mike and I went to the beach to watch EWP, I still feel awful we didn't invite Lou to come back and watch it.

Jason is still recovering from the bites. I havent looked like that/this since I had chicken pox as a kid. 

We still have some marks too. They were awful.

From the mosquitoes...right?  Yeah, our little man can really swell up; I now carry Rx steroid cream in case he gets a really bad one.  Have you heard about using deodorant on a mosquito bite?  It doesn't seem to help Brandon's swelling, but it does appear to help the itching.  It does help one of my girlfriend's kids with their swelling however so, like most things, it depends on the person.  

On 11/10 we had an ADR for 8:50 am for TE for breakfast. Adam was still asleep and I was not waking him for breakfast, so my parents and Jason went for breakfast. Adam finally woke up after 8:30. It took a while to get him ready and feel like going to eat. It worked out fine in the end, because TE was able to seat us and my parents were done so my mom was able to sit with me and help with the kids. I don't have any food pics, but I'm pretty sure you all know what it looks like. The kids ate a lot of Mickey waffles and fruit. On the buffet there was only 3 things Adam couldn't eat and the chef said the pastries were safe (but he doesn't like that stuff anyway). After breakfast Jason took us looping, the baby loved it when we saw any dogs.

After looping the kids and I headed to DTD, we lucked out and there was a bus for DTD waiting for us! Turned out we were the only people heading to DTD then. Adam wanted to go to the Lego store, which he actually thinks is Legoland, who am I to correct the boy? I am not a fan of DTD on a good day and with all the walls and construction I'm even less of a fan.