I get the same mileage on my 2015 2500HD Gasser towing the 3300lb. (9990lb. gvw) dump trailer empty and loaded as I do with my 5th wheel.  I was hoping for better mileage since it was empty.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You might want to change the title of this thread. I thought it was another joke thread about Dave and his gas issues.

Dave's gas issues are a serious medical condition and we shouldn't poke fun.

I just saw a comercial for "Latoota", I thought it was about Dave

Posted Images

MPG numbers may change a bit, truck is new only 3500 miles, 1800 towing no real long hauls but so far here is where we stand.  

What you have (i.e. Class A, TT, 5th wheel): 30 TT

If you're towing (so TT or 5th wheel) how heavy is it:  9500 ~

If you tow, what is your tow vehicle:  2014 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Gas mileage: 13.8 mpg towing with golf cart in bed, 23.5 not towing  (I am really light on the pedal, you dont want to be behind me)

Do you like it, love it or hate it:  TT - love, Truck Love

If you'd like to make a change, change to what and why:  Would love to have the long bed but the deal on the 6.5 bed was too good to pass up, Eventually want a 5th wheel 36' ish.... But only have had the TT for 8 months so not time to upgrade yet. 

MPG numbers may change a bit, truck is new only 3500 miles, 1800 towing no real long hauls but so far here is where we stand.  

What you have (i.e. Class A, TT, 5th wheel): 30 TT

If you're towing (so TT or 5th wheel) how heavy is it:  9500 ~

If you tow, what is your tow vehicle:  2014 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Gas mileage: 13.8 mpg towing with golf cart in bed, 23.5 not towing  (I am really light on the pedal, you dont want to be behind me)

Do you like it, love it or hate it:  TT - love, Truck Love

If you'd like to make a change, change to what and why:  Would love to have the long bed but the deal on the 6.5 bed was too good to pass up, Eventually want a 5th wheel 36' ish.... But only have had the TT for 8 months so not time to upgrade yet. 

that's some really good mpg.

This is very interesting to me:

From before:

What you have now:

6 more feet and 2,300 lbs and no change in fuel economy.

I always chuckle when I read about people not carrying water because of what it weighs and how it'll affect their MPGs. :)

True.  Guess one should fill up the fresh water tank and see what type of MPG they actually get.   I'm just happy that we didn't drop to 5 MPG.  Mercy....

that's some really good mpg.

I know, right!!  Great MPG plus it's got a lot of power.  Tom has definite "truck envy"  :rolleyes: