• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You might want to change the title of this thread. I thought it was another joke thread about Dave and his gas issues.

Dave's gas issues are a serious medical condition and we shouldn't poke fun.

I just saw a comercial for "Latoota", I thought it was about Dave

Posted Images

What you have (i.e. Class A, TT, 5th wheel): 41' Country Coach Allure

If you're towing (so TT or 5th wheel) how heavy is it: 48,800

If you tow, what is your tow vehicle: Honda Element AWD

Gas mileage: 9

Do you like it, love it or hate it (this applies to both the tow vehicle and what you're towing (or driving if Class A or C): Love it so far....We're a family of 5 (twins 8 yr old) and a Black Lab. Never camped in our lives and decided to try it after a friend wanted to see us his pop-up camper and we quickly jumped on the idea. A few days later before we gave him an answer my boss came to me offering to make me a great deal on his gigantic luxury class A so he could convince his wife to let him buy a Prevost. So I looked inside and with little or no thought said "YES" and have yet to use it after buying it last month. First trip will be from here in NY to the Fort in March.....Scary huh!  lol

If you'd like to make a change, change to what and why: 

Hello from another Country Coach owner!  We've had our rig for 8 years and love it.  Nothing beats a Country Coach (except a Prevost)!

What you have (i.e. Class A, TT, 5th wheel): 40' Cedar Creek 5th wheel

If you're towing (so TT or 5th wheel) how heavy is it; close to 16,000lbs loaded

If you tow, what is your tow vehicle:  2001 Kenworth T2000 with a 2009  Smart Car on the deck

Gas mileage: 9 mpg towing, 12 solo. 30 + with the car sight seeing

Do you like it, love it or hate it:  love it, so much safer then a pick up

If you'd like to make a change, change to what and why: Only change would be a higher quality 5th wheel geared more to full timing ( But that is in the works)

Rennie,

I saw your rig a long time ago and didn't realize it belonged to a Fiend, I always thought it was awesome!

WBI

Looks like he could almost get a golf cart on there too!

It looks like it but with the front swing of the 5th wheel it would be to close.

Rennie,

I saw your rig a long time ago and didn't realize it belonged to a Fiend, I always thought it was awesome!

WBI

I actually just bought the truck & car together as a package this past June, but believe it or not I have met folks that knew who I bought from.

What you have (i.e. Class A, TT, 5th wheel): TT  - Jayco 29QBH (Measures about 34' from tongue to spare tire)

If you're towing (so TT or 5th wheel) how heavy is it: 7000 dry weight, 7800 lbs fully loaded

If you tow, what is your tow vehicle: 2013 F250 Lariat, 6.7 Diesel

Gas mileage:  10.5 - 11 mpg towing (just towed to about 1000 miles round trip from NW GA to the Fort, 14 - 16 not towing depending on city or hwy)

Do you like it, love it or hate it: like it due to bunk house for daughter and slide out for couch/u dinette.

If you'd like to make a change, change to what and why: We'll make a change in the future when we do not need the bunk house, but that will be a while.  Will definetely consider a mid profile 5th wheel due to space and towability.  Class A would be nice, but not as much room and still would need to tow something so you can drive somewhere once you get to the campsite.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have time to reply to all of the asked questions, but I will give you a brief synopsis. I fix campers on the side, water damage usually, and I've gotten pretty good at it. I had a gas 2008 Super Duty crew cab that I loved, but HATED the gas mileage. Pulling a 2002 29 foot 5th wheel with a decent size slide (7000 empty and 8800 gross) I'd get 6.5 to 7.5

Needles to say I tired if that pretty quick. I specifically searched out a 2002 Dodge with a 5.9 24v Cummins because of the gas mileage ( definitely not because it was a Dodge!) This truck pulls like a beast! I get 22mpg empty and consistent 12 to 13 (this is no b.s.) pulling a similar 28 foot, slide-out 5th wheel (forest river 27rk) Not to mention it will pull it 70 mph.

Great power, unreal mileage, but when I can afford to get a new 6.7 Super Duty, (maybe 5 years?) I will jump at it. The Cummins motor and mileage is nice but my ford was a Cadillac compared to this.

I didn't have time to reply to all of the asked questions, but I will give you a brief synopsis. I fix campers on the side, water damage usually, and I've gotten pretty good at it. I had a gas 2008 Super Duty crew cab that I loved, but HATED the gas mileage. Pulling a 2002 29 foot 5th wheel with a decent size slide (7000 empty and 8800 gross) I'd get 6.5 to 7.5

Needles to say I tired if that pretty quick. I specifically searched out a 2002 Dodge with a 5.9 24v Cummins because of the gas mileage ( definitely not because it was a Dodge!) This truck pulls like a beast! I get 22mpg empty and consistent 12 to 13 (this is no b.s.) pulling a similar 28 foot, slide-out 5th wheel (forest river 27rk) Not to mention it will pull it 70 mph.

Great power, unreal mileage, but when I can afford to get a new 6.7 Super Duty, (maybe 5 years?) I will jump at it. The Cummins motor and mileage is nice but my ford was a Cadillac compared to this.

I had a 01 dodge diesel 4x4 with the 6 speed. Got the same mpg out of it as you. I also had a 05 dodge diesel. Both of those trucks pulled like nothing was back there power wise. But they never held the weight of the trailer like my Fords. But after having two 5.9 diesels 7.3 and a 6.0 ford diesel. Nothing pulls like my 6.7. But the 01 dodge had the best mpg.

What you have (i.e. Class A, TT, 5th wheel): TT  - Palomino 142CK Palomini, overall length from coupler to back bumper 19 ft

If you're towing (so TT or 5th wheel) how heavy is it: 2600 dry weight, 3600 gross weight, 3000-3100 loaded weight

If you tow, what is your tow vehicle: 2001 4dr Ford Explorer 4.0 V6

Gas mileage:  10 - 12 mpg towing, 19 - 20 mpg not towing in mixed suburban/city driving

Do you like it, love it or hate it: Empty nesters and our first trailer. Generally like the layout with permanent bed and dinette and are happy

with purchase.

If you'd like to make a change, change to what and why: A bit more room and storage would be nice. To this end a slider in the kitchen

and move the AC unit from side wall cabinets to roof.

I had a 01 dodge diesel 4x4 with the 6 speed. Got the same mpg out of it as you. I also had a 05 dodge diesel. Both of those trucks pulled like nothing was back there power wise. But they never held the weight of the trailer like my Fords. But after having two 5.9 diesels 7.3 and a 6.0 ford diesel. Nothing pulls like my 6.7. But the 01 dodge had the best mpg.

My boss has a s class and rode in my truck 14 dodge Laramie he traded his s class said the dodge rode better

My boss has a s class and rode in my truck 14 dodge Laramie he traded his s class said the dodge rode better

That's funny. I have never owned anything other then trucks and jeeps. The closest I have been to owning a car is when I married my wife she drove a GT Mustang she totaled it 9 months later and then got her first jeep.