You Want Me to Stay in this Camper "How" Long???

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally, first page bragging rights!   Glad nothing was lost out the back.  That would have been horrifying.

:)     Rick is not a huge camper, and this is the longest time he's spent in the camper (by about double), so one of the first things he said to me when I told him the dates of our trip was "you want

Buffeteria ... is that like a cafeteria?

Yes, it is like a cafeteria

Looking forward to the next update.  We've considered the Swan and Dolphin resorts in the past, because Nancy is eligible for the nurse discount.  Never seemed to pull the trigger based on need to get the lower rates at the Pop Century while traveling with the kids.  I hear a lot of good things about them and love the idea of how close they are to the Boardwalk and EPCOT area.

Can't wait to see the photos and hear about the buffeteria - huge food loving fan here!

If you are a Starwood member, I'm thinking they can be a decent deal. I like the decor, and like the fact that the "Dolphins" are really dolphins, not porpoises :) (Navy Submarine folks will understand). Report on the food coming in a bit!

I've never been to the Swalphin or the Boardwalk. Shame on me.

The Boardwalk is really a neat place!

Love the Boardwalk!

Never been to Swalphin either....props to Kelly for that one!

It sounds like you will have some bonus content for this report now too! Looking forward to it!

Maybe a little.... Have been posting bits where they apply already :)

When we left off, we were entering Picabu's for dinner. I won't say the food was spectacular, but there was a lot of it, reasonable cost by Disney standards, and no ADR required. (However, no Disney room charging, had to use regular credit card.)

IMG_4494.jpg

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

We each had the "dinner combo" Main dish and two sides. I had lasagna, cauliflower casserole, and mac & cheese

IMG_4497.jpg

Rick had the pot roase, cauliflower casserole, and mashed potatoes & gravy

IMG_4498.jpg

The portions were huge!!! We easily could have shared.

I think the meal for the two of us was around $40.00. As you can see, it was served on real plates and real silverware, and I believe they bussed the table for you.

Some more decor

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

Now wandering outside again

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4506.jpg

We took the walkway over to the Studios, then made our way to a Fort bus

IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4509.jpg

and took a few evening pics of the campsite

IMG_4510.jpg

IMG_4511.jpg

IMG_4512.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

Tonite was a Halloween Party, I believe, and I wanted to catch Hallowishes, so we went up to the marina

IMG_4515.jpg

I had lots of fireworks pictures, but most had this weird haze to them

IMG_4560.jpg

Aaah, here's one without it

IMG_4592.jpg

the surround fireworks are awesome!

IMG_4594.jpg

The finale was pretty cool!

IMG_4651.jpg

Of course, after the fireworks is Lou's favorite attraction :)

IMG_4680.jpg

And thus ends another day of our vacation!!

That food looked good!

It was good!

That food looks tasty!  And your site - I really want to get back to the Fort and kick back sometime.  Looks very comfortable!

We do love our setup. It's a lot of work, but for the longer trips, it is sooooo worth it.

Thanks for the photos from Picabu's.  Had y'all been there before?  Or were you just trying it out?

I, also, have never been to the Swan or Dolphin.  That restaurant sounds like it might be a good place to stop when hopping between DHS and Epcot. 

TCD

I've eaten there several times. It was Rick's first time there, but it won't be our last. It is substantial comfort food, without the need for an ADR.

We like to property hop however, we too have never been to the Swan or Dolphin.  Think we may have to stop over for a visit on our next visit.  Thanks for the tip! :)

We seem to do a lot of hopping between Epcot and Studios, so have visited the Epcot resorts frequently.  Also pretty easy to get to. If you aren't coming from a park, then bus to Studios, and take the walkway.

Oh... BTW, the Mickey Mouse pumpkin blow-up is one of my favorites.  That and the Mickey Christmas ornament blow-up.... I just think they are too, too cute! :)

That big Mickey blow up was my first inflatable :)

Now, it is Monday morning, the 27th of October.....

This was the morning my new credit card arrrived (remember, way back on Friday, they cancelled my old one). So a trip up to the front desk to retrieve my package.

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

I spent a good bit of the morning on the computer activating the new card, resetting auto charges, and then back up to the front desk to put the new card on our room account.

Then I went looping.

Here's Red's site

IMG_4709.jpg

Some other Halloween decorations

IMG_4710.jpg

A real teardrop

IMG_4713.jpg

Took a few more pictures of the campsite

IMG_4730.jpg

Love our little kitchen

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4738.jpg

Yes, we added an extra fridge

IMG_4739.jpg

Not as big as TJs, but did the job.

IMG_4741.jpg

Sitting in the chair was our new Mickey lamp head.  My old one cracked, and Gary Cruise offered to drill me some new ones.

IMG_4743.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

Now, we're off to the Outpost for the bus stop. We left the truck out in the lot. Don't like it being in the way at the campsite.

IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4768.jpg

As you can see, the shed was still there

IMG_4772.jpg

Cute cart

IMG_4774.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

On our way

IMG_4803.jpg

We're here at Downtown Disney. Rick actually gets his belts from the vendor there at DTD. Actually good prices on very good belts.

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

Photo limit....

Continuing on, here is some of the construction

IMG_4815.jpg

The Rainforest Volcano is back under scaffolding.

IMG_4816.jpg

More construction

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

We stopped at Earl of Sandwich for lunch/dinner

IMG_4831.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4833.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

While we were at DTD, I noticed that David Doss was at the Art of Disney store, so I made a beeline inside and got an autographed print!

20141222_212411.jpg

I actually got two. A big one that I will get framed for my office, and a smaller one that I'm going to hang in the camper :)

IMG_4846.jpg

We wandered in the Christmas store for a bit

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

We also wandered through the Rainforest Cafe store to look for something that a friend at home wanted

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4856.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

Then back in the Art of Disney store so Rick could see what I bought.

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

and once again, we're at photo limit...

More to come later :)

We stayed at the Dolphin in 2004 and liked it.  My SIL was able to get us the teacher's discount, so the price was nice.  The best thing about the rooms were the "Heavenly Beds".  Super comfy.  I really liked the pool area, which is shared between the 2 hotels.  They call it the Grotto and it is a series of freeform pools, waterfalls and hot tubs.  

I like your kitchen, too.  Is your fridge the original, or a replacement?  They put a different kind in the clamshell models, as opposed to inside kitchens, right?  

Thanks for continuing the report! 

We stayed at the Dolphin in 2004 and liked it.  My SIL was able to get us the teacher's discount, so the price was nice.  The best thing about the rooms were the "Heavenly Beds".  Super comfy.  I really liked the pool area, which is shared between the 2 hotels.  They call it the Grotto and it is a series of freeform pools, waterfalls and hot tubs.  

I like your kitchen, too.  Is your fridge the original, or a replacement?  They put a different kind in the clamshell models, as opposed to inside kitchens, right?  

Thanks for continuing the report! 

My fridge is the original. Yes, you are right! The clamshells have a 12V fridge. That is the only option.

The models that have inside kitchens can also have a 3-way fridge which can also work on propoane.  However, the 12V fridge can and sometimes is installed in the inside kitchens.

Looks like some great set ups - especially the Haunted Mansion themed arrangement.

While looking at the shots of the Tab kitchen I was wondering whether the lift gate would work to shelter the cook on a rainy day?  Is there a rubber gasket at the hinge point that would be similar to an SUV or van liftgate that would channel the water off to the side?

I know your setup with the EZ-Ups would provide much better shelter anyway, but it looks like the designers put a lot of thought into the trailer and it would seem like they thought of rain also?

Looks like some great set ups - especially the Haunted Mansion themed arrangement.

While looking at the shots of the Tab kitchen I was wondering whether the lift gate would work to shelter the cook on a rainy day?  Is there a rubber gasket at the hinge point that would be similar to an SUV or van liftgate that would channel the water off to the side?

I know your setup with the EZ-Ups would provide much better shelter anyway, but it looks like the designers put a lot of thought into the trailer and it would seem like they thought of rain also?

Well.......... yes, there is now a rubber gasket across the entire hinge, but I put it there myself (well had a dealer install it). My year clamshell and earlier had some hatch problems, and that is my 2nd hatch under warranty. Even the 2nd hatch would drip water inside if opened when wet. Finally got the idea from teardrop home builders, and had it corrected. The current manufacturer of T@Bs is installing a rubber gasket along the hinge.

So if it's a light sprinkle, yes I can have the hatch up and have some weather protection.

Awesome decorations! I'm already excited about next year.

Great nighttime shots!

There were some awesome Halloween decorations this year. We didn't see a whole lot, cause the weather cooled off over Halloween weekend and we didn't do much night looping after that.

It's time to continue this report. We are now at October 29th.

Getting ready to head out for the day

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4925.jpg

IMG_4930.jpg

Arriving at Hollywood Studios

IMG_4943.jpg

IMG_4944.jpg

As you can see the weather was GLORIOUS again :)

some other peoples kids with Chip & Dale

IMG_4946.jpg

IMG_4947.jpg

IMG_4948.jpg

IMG_4949.jpg

The Great Movie Ride

IMG_4951.jpg

Rick was taking lots of light fixture pics this trip

IMG_4952.jpg

At least they seem to be changing up the displays some

IMG_4953.jpg

Did you know there are LOTS of Roger Rabbit references in the Studios. I actually did a scavenger hunt once based on that. The Studios was built right after this movie came out and there were hopes for lots more Roger Rabbit at the time.

IMG_4954.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_4958.jpg

I think this attraction kindled my love for old movies and radio. I watch lots of Turner Classic Movies, American Movie Classics, and listen to Radio Classics almost nonstop on Sirius/XM

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_4960.jpg

IMG_4962.jpg

But, I'm finding the full movies a bit bizarre, Footlight Parade is one of them

IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

IMG_4973.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

IMG_5002.jpg

IMG_5004.jpg

IMG_5006.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

Photo limit

IMG_5025.jpg

IMG_5037.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5079.jpg

We've finally left GMR and continuing on to Star Tours.... This was the most bizarre experience.......

IMG_5120.jpg

IMG_5123.jpg

IMG_5125.jpg

We were loaded in, and somebody had a soda bottle that was loose, so they stopped the attraction. Came in, secured the soda bottle, then started us up again.

Then about 2 minutes in, all the video went blank, and we finished out the attraction with no video.  We told the attendant when they opened the doors, and they gave everyone a reride, but us old folks couldn't tolerate it again right then, so we exited, and waited around the exit for a bit to see if we could get a reride later in the day, but it was taking so long to find a Lead that we left.

We then were back to wandering

IMG_5126.jpg

IMG_5127.jpg

Watched some Streetmosphere

IMG_5128.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5132.jpg

Rick loves these old cars

IMG_5133.jpg

Some more Streetmosphere

IMG_5134.jpg

IMG_5146.jpg

Then we had dinner at 50's Prime Time :)

IMG_5150.jpg

IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

Crabcake appetizer

IMG_5155.jpg

I'm not sure what this is

IMG_5156.jpg

Chicken Pot Pie

IMG_5157.jpg

Sampler Platter

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5159.jpg