You Want Me to Stay in this Camper "How" Long???

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally, first page bragging rights!   Glad nothing was lost out the back.  That would have been horrifying.

:)     Rick is not a huge camper, and this is the longest time he's spent in the camper (by about double), so one of the first things he said to me when I told him the dates of our trip was "you want

I'm here too!

Yay!! It was a great pleasure getting to spend some time with you!

One more page one spot up for grabs!!!

And you got it!!

I'm in! That's really something that you didn't lose anything when that hatch was open. Your setup looks great!

Yes it was! 

I'm in don't know how I missed this yesterday. Pooh on page two.

Page two works! Thanks for reading!

I'm back.

Awesome!

I'm in!

Carol TRs rock!

Thanks! You are too kind!

I'm in.   What a pain about you CC.  They could have just suspended the card until they talked to you. No need to totally cancel.   

Yes, they could have and have before (something about Wal-Mart late at night when you are traveling often triggers something), but I do that every trip, and I have told them that. I guess I should be happy they are looking out for me.

I'm in too!  Great start!

Thanks! Still reading along on your report!

Looking forward to reading about your trip!

Thanks!

Solid middle of page 2 bragging rights for me.

I am envious of your long stay at the Fort.

And, my goodness y'all had great weather almost the entire time.

I'm interested to hear how you liked that site.  I had the first site on 1000 last year for New Year's Eve, and didn't like it so much.

TCD

Great place to start reading! Yes, it was a good long stay, and it is our goal to have another long stay next Halloween. We LOVED it.

The weather was GLORIOUS!!

We loved the site!! It's all about the comfort station being close by, and having the trading post right there and being right by the main road for trick or treating was awesome :)

October 25th

Today was our first day we had plans. We were very thankful for those two extra days we had to just get into vacation mode. We are both a bit OCD, so were glad for the extra time to get things just how we wanted them.

Now let me preface that for some reason, Rick had the camera most of the time this trip, so I'm honestly not sure what all is there, but here we goooo.

As you can see a BEAUTIFUL Fort morning

IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3846.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

It was Saturday, so wearing Auburn clothes was in order :)

IMG_3850.jpg

We got out the door and here we are at Epcot

IMG_3851.jpg

Yes, you may see me in the ECV quite a bit, not because I need to, but because Rick didn't!!  He wanted to walk each day as long as possible, and would only ride the ECV a little toward the end of each day. Some days he didn't need it all!!  If he keeps this up, we may be able to leave it home next year!!

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

A quick glimpse of Pluto

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3856.jpg

My fountain didn't appear to be dancing today

IMG_3860.jpg

Just some random Future World pics

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3869.jpg

Even though it's not F&G, there are always beautiful plants around Epcot

IMG_3871.jpg

We continue our wandering

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

We are not huge attraction people, and mainly just love wandering World Showcase, but we did have some FastPasses scheduled for today, but for now, I'm at photo limit. More wandering, coming up soon!

So that hip surgery really did do the trick.  That is pretty awesome.  I hope his recovery continues and he is feeling 100% again.

How many easy up type things do you use in your set up? It looks like a lot of space.

Great news about Rick walking as much as he did!  That's awesome!!

The set-up at your site is awesome!  You all are the canopy kings!   :lol:

Yes, it is awesome!!  He is amazingly able to do so much more now!! (Still can't tie his left shoe, but he's getting closer on that too)

I'm in!

That's a great setup!

Glad to hear Rick is walking so much and not in pain anymore.

WBI

Thanks!

I agree. Great news about Rick. So glad you guys got to enjoy a nice trip.

It was an awesome trip!

In!

I will agree with others that your setup is nice!

Ad good news about Rick and being able to walk more.

Thank you!!

How great for Rick.

I love the wandering pics.

Will there be wanderings at random resorts too?

Thanks! and possibly wandering resort pics! (Rick had the camera, remember.....)

That's fantastic about rick!

I'm surprised my CC didn't get flagged. I was using it in WDW and Brian was using it at home.

That has happened to us too. We had one card that got flagged/suspended almost every week one time. So annoying. We dropped that card.

Rick did a good job with the camera!

So happy to hear that he didn't need the ECV much.

I really hope we can leave it at home next year. It is heavy, takes up a lot of room that is hard to stack things around, etc.

Not soon enough!  cold.gif

Not too much longer!!

And I'm jealous!

Meeee tooo!!

So that hip surgery really did do the trick.  That is pretty awesome.  I hope his recovery continues and he is feeling 100% again.

How many easy up type things do you use in your set up? It looks like a lot of space.

Yes, it's amazing how things are connected. Who would have imagined that a kidney/back pain would be caused by a hip??

We set up three 10x20 EZ-Ups, so 600 SF under cover, and 400 SF that is screened in, and can be enclosed with solid walls for warmth if necessary.

Let's continue on. We're still wandering Epcot. It was Saturday and crowded, so didn't attempt too many of the F&W booths, but we had plans for food booth touring during the week with no crowds.

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3888.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

Some funny hat Drink Around the World guys

IMG_3898.jpg

I did get my favorite drink!

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

I guess we did stop at a couple of booths.

I believe this is Bobotie

IMG_3910.jpg

I don't remember what this is, but it must have been good!

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

After our stroll through World Showcase, we then wandered back toward Future World for the FP+ we had scheduled. That's coming in the next update as I'm close to the picture limit

Great update.

Just are comments

Golf cart? Is that y'all's or a rental.

I love, love, your set up. Hanging out under the canopy is the way I want to roll.

That's awesome that Rick is getting out of the scooter. Praying that that he will be out of it full time.

I'm it saying your pic aren't great but ricks pix are awesome.

Looking forward to reading more.

In and all caught up.  Did you have the camper under an easy up or just very close?

Under an EZ-Up. You've been in the party tent. The T@B goes inside it :)

Hello pot!

:)

Great update.

Just are comments

Golf cart? Is that y'all's or a rental.

I love, love, your set up. Hanging out under the canopy is the way I want to roll.

That's awesome that Rick is getting out of the scooter. Praying that that he will be out of it full time.

I'm it saying your pic aren't great but ricks pix are awesome.

Looking forward to reading more.

The cart belongs to a "FrIEND"

We love our outdoor living room :) However, we only use it for longer trips. Yes, I'm really happy about Rick!

Good to hear about Rick walking so much!

I want to be in short sleeves RIGHT NOW. And I'll take one of those drinks too. 

Tell me about it!!! Got home to freezing, and of course now I'm sitting in Virginia even colder!!

What's the brand/model of that party room? That's really neat.

Great pictures, too. :) You're making me quite jealous!

No simple answer on the shelters. I made it. I got the 10x20 EZ-Ups off of ebay. I got two sets of screen walls and two sets of solid walls from Wal-Mart (First Up Brand). Then I got some zippers, set up the two shelters in my backyard, and started cutting and sewing. The camper goes underneath one of the 10x20s, then the other one goes next to it, and the screens zip around. The third 10x20 is just set up cross-ways in front of the other two. We park the golf cart and the ECV under there, and gives us extra dry space to unzip the screen.

Thanks for reading along!!

I am in and all caught up.  I am super excited for this TR!  

These guys look like the poster men for the modern Dad.  

Thanks for reading! Yes, they do!!