Hello all. Just wondering what most people do for thanksgiving dinner. It has got to be tough to cook a thanksgiving dinner in a camper.

Also, I know trails end does a thanksgiving dinner, but we couldn't get a reservation. So I was wondering if they do take out turkey meals for thanksgiving

When we've camped at the Fort for Thanksgiving we always have cooked our own dinner.  I love Thanksgiving dinner and have enjoyed hanging around the campsite cooking that day.  What could be prepared ahead of time at home and brought was done.  We always did a turkey in a Big Easy infrared cooker.  Lots of people use electric roasters, or just do a breast inside.  Lots of options if you decide to cook.  

Another alternative is to get a premade dinner from Publix.   I think they sell Thanksgiving dinners including the fixings.  

We've camped at the Fort for Thanksgiving many times.  I always cooked and froze the turkey, dressing, and gravy at home.  Also the pies.  So I just had to thaw/reheat and cook the veggies.  Could have a feast on the table in less than an hour.

I tent camped one Thanksgiving, and we fried our Turkey, it was awesome as usual, and we cooked all the sides on the Coleman stove.  Like Dave said it was a great day to be at the Fort with all the families out cooking, and I remember it being pretty quiet!

Also since it was only two of us, we saved some turkey for sandwiches, but the rest we deboned and made taco soup in the crock pot, it was also delicious and perfect for the cool weather.

WBI

We're winging it this year. Not sure yet if it will be turkey legs in a park or homemade mac and cheese at the camper (crab this time, I ran out of time to go get /prep lobster.)

The Wave @ Contemporary is having a Thanksgiving buffet too that sounds interesting. I may just see if it's all booked up or not.