Who would think it would rain at our Magical place, but here's the forecast for our trip dates:

Mon  Mar 28  Scattered T-Storms  40%

Tue  Mar 29  Scattered T-Storms  50%

Wed  Mar 30  Scattered T-Storms  40%

Thu  Mar 31  Scattered T-Storms  40%

Fri  Apr 1  Scattered T-Storms  40%

I'm thinking those typical afternoon type showers that we get here in Florida. It would suck to be stuck inside the whole trip.

So any suggestions for things we can do around the Fort during the rain?

if it were me... chuck my hair in a pony tail, throw on a poncho and some crocs (no socks) and...

Have fun!!!

Unless it's raining sideways, enjoying a rocker and a beverage on Crockett's porch is always enjoyable.

Personally when it rains I head for the parks - whole place to yourself!

Yep - that's what we do too.  Rain keeps the crowds away, but the parks remain open.  It's all a mental thing.  You just have to not care whether you get wet or not.  The only negative is the air conditioned areas - when you're wet, it can be a bit chilly.

We sit under our awning in the rain all the time... just a lot closer to the TT. 

There's a little bit of a covered area at the Meadows by the pool with some picnic tables under it.

Then again, if you're going swimming anyway....

swimming-7420.gif

Don't let the weather get you down.  Hopefully those FL storms will blow through quickly like they usually do.

raining_smiley.gif

Nothing much could get me down at this point! Just knowing I don't have school for 9 whole days and a trip to Disney is enough to keep my spirts up! I guess we have been fortunate and really never run in to much rain while we were there, of course we have frozen almost to death and suffered the heat of an incinerator!

Outside of hurricanes, I have never really seen an all day rain in Florida.  My FIL used to say, "If you don't like the weather in Florida, wait an hour."

Outside of hurricanes, I have never really seen an all day rain in Florida.  My FIL used to say, "If you don't like the weather in Florida, wait an hour."

I think that's true most of the time, but 2 years ago during my spring break it rained 6 straight days up here. I'm thinking that the "scattered" part of the forecast is gonna be on our side!

Last year I did laundry while my wife & kids went cruising the fort hitting every puddle according to my 5yr old. I think I got a bum deal there.

Sounds like your wife and kids had a blast! Maybe next time you'll get to do the cruising!

Unfortunately for you, we're hoping for lots of rain soon. The area needs for it to rain. But you're in luck, they're hardly ever right on forecasting specific days.

Historically, other than the summer, early fall months, March comes in second as far as rainfall.

I wouldn't concern myself about it.

I have never really seen an all day rain in Florida.

It does happen from time to time.

I have lived here in central f-l-a for almost a quarter of a century & I can tell you that yes, the weather can change hourly, but we sometimes have rain, lotsa lotsa rain.  Last summer over the 4th holiday I was at FW for 9 days & it rained 8, and many of those for several hours.  These pictures aren't 1900 loop, they are the 1600 loop between my site & my sister's site and the main road!! 

DSC06158.jpgDSC06152.jpgDSC06151.jpg 

This is the river that circles the pool, tennis courts, etc.  Have you ever seen it so high?  DSC06165.jpg

And while my flamingos fared ok in the rain....DSC06134.jpg

some of my sister's gnomes drowned .... DSC06140.jpg 

I didn't go out too much to see other fiends because of the rain, but I did catch up some much needed sleep!!!  And Lou is right, we desperately need rain right now & lots of it.  There is a fire just blocks from my sister's and she had to evacuate last night for a few hours. 

It does happen from time to time.

Yep...the first week of December 2009 had a couple of days where it rained ALL DAY long!  Didn't stop our fun though.  But by the time we arrived at the GF that evening for our Park Fare dinner with Cinderella, we declined the photo shoot before dinner.  We looked like a bunch of drowned rats by that time.  Ain't nobody woulda wanted to see THAT picture! 

You know, if teachers could get paid to guess like meteorologists, maybe they wouldn't want to go after us all the time about tenure, etc.  No one gets mad at the weatherman if he is wrong. :D

you would hate Florida than, they have or are just about to pass a bill endorsed by our Governor that eliminates tenure and ties pay to test results of the students.

You know, if teachers could get paid to guess like meteorologists, maybe they wouldn't want to go after us all the time about tenure, etc.  No one gets mad at the weatherman if he is wrong. :D

you would hate Florida than, they have or are just about to pass a bill endorsed by our Governor that eliminates tenure and ties pay to test results of the students.

You must not know where I live.  Our beloved governor signed that bill into law last week.  Since I don't have a regular classroom and teach every elem student.  There is no real way for me to qualify, so I will be forced to stay on salary and not get a raise.  I haven't received one for five years now because of budget reductions and insurance.  My pay has only gone down and the cost of living up. :dance:

Before kiddos...my dh and I went the first week of August...it literally would rain everyday for maybe 30-45 min....so we would head back to the pup, eat lunch and...ehem "REST".....our ds was born 9 mo later! LOL!

Now we have 2 little guys, honestly they probably would be sooo excited if mom let them play in the rain....lol So depends on how long it rained...if its gonna rain all week....just go do what you want at the parks...get soaked...come back change into dry clothes and enjoy the fort!

Rain or no rain---I wish I was going!!! :D

...so we would head back to the pup, eat lunch and...ehem "REST".....our ds was born 9 mo later! LOL!

Now we have 2 little guys, honestly they probably would be sooo excited if mom let them play in the rain....

But if Mom let them do that you'd be outside watching them instead of "resting" and maybe have baby 3 in 9 months.  LOL

Jen and I both teach in Florida and so does my son. I can't talk about it or I will be on my  :dance: :blowup: :rant:

I have a degree in Education, but you could not pay me enough to teach in Florida, besides I like retirement :dance:

I taught in Alabama.  It was worse.