By the way, Jason (Katman1356) is a travel agent. Knows all things Fort related...and a really nice guy. He can hook you up with a seriously good golf cart rental company. Yes, this is a shameless plug, but I just met him at the Fort last month, and he promised to give me a .00012% commission on anyone I referred his way. Which gives me .0000032% off a Disney beer.

By the way, Jason (Katman1356) is a travel agent. Knows all things Fort related...and a really nice guy. He can hook you up with a seriously good golf cart rental company. Yes, this is a shameless plug, but I just met him at the Fort last month, and he promised to give me a .00012% commission on anyone I referred his way. Which gives me .0000032% off a Disney beer.

I offered you that much? I thought i wasnt drinking. LOL

It's not a necessity, but it is fun. There's no way I'd rent from Disney for 3 weeks. You could almost buy a cart for that amount. 

There is an internal bus that you can take to both those areas, and if you're in the 100 loop, you can walk to the settlement easily. 

Do you have bikes? Kids? 

We are going to the Fort for the first time in April, 2015.  We have reservations for three weeks in the 100 loop.  I would appreciate hearing from folks whether a GC is necessary or a splurge.

As others have pointed out, not a necessity - but really nice!!  Even renting off site it will be expensive for three weeks.

Also remember, your reservation is for a level of site - not a specific loop, in your case Preferred.  You could end up on 100, 200, or 300 as all of these are Preferred.

Another golf cart question - we are coming to the fort for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Is there any chance of renting a cart for just an evening through the Fort? We'd like to do some looping to check out the decorations.

I think the shortest time frame is one day. 

Do the wagon rides still go through the loops? 

What day will you be there? 

No idea about the wagon rides. Do you mean "carriage rides" or is that something different?

We'll be there Thursday, December 18.

And, unfortunately - we won't even have our vehicle since it'll be parked out in the parking lot since we're not staying at the fort.

The wagon ride is basically a hayless hay ride. I think it is $5 per person first some first served. its a big wagon that holds like 25 people and takes you around a few loops. Price might be off I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. 

Thanks, Jason. Looks like you're sort of right:

"Wagon Rides 

children $5 or adults $8 / 25 minutes

Take an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride on a scenic tour through Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Available on a first-come, first-served basis, wagon rides depart daily at 6:00 PM and 8:30 PM (weather permitting) from the front of Pioneer Hall.

These 25-minute wagon rides cost $8 for Guests ages 10 and up, and $5 for Guests 3 to 9 years of age."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/tri-circle-d-ranch/

Interesting, I think that 8:30 wagon ride may work well for us. Our Hoop Dee Doo is at 6:15. We should be able to stumble fat and happy out of there and onto the wagon ride.

Another golf cart question - we are coming to the fort for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Is there any chance of renting a cart for just an evening through the Fort? We'd like to do some looping to check out the decorations.

There's only a whole day rate, but that doesn't mean you can't just use it for the evening.

We were in 300 and multiple wagons and carriages came through out loop every night.  They don't hit them all, but usually go through at least a few of the ones closest to the Settlement.

There's only a whole day rate, but that doesn't mean you can't just use it for the evening.

We were in 300 and multiple wagons and carriages came through out loop every night.  They don't hit them all, but usually go through at least a few of the ones closest to the Settlement.

We'll see what we do. But I did just reserve a golf cart in case that's the route that we want to go. I'm excited, it'll be the daughter's first time driving! I hear there are no rules at the fort...  :rolleyes:  :P

We'll see what we do. But I did just reserve a golf cart in case that's the route that we want to go. I'm excited, it'll be the daughter's first time driving! I hear there are no rules at the fort...  :rolleyes:  :P

:rofl2:

Yep... it's the actual Wild West. Don't forget your 6 shooter and your hat.  :clint:

Thanks, Jason. Looks like you're sort of right:

"Wagon Rides 

children $5 or adults $8 / 25 minutes

Take an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride on a scenic tour through Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Available on a first-come, first-served basis, wagon rides depart daily at 6:00 PM and 8:30 PM (weather permitting) from the front of Pioneer Hall.

These 25-minute wagon rides cost $8 for Guests ages 10 and up, and $5 for Guests 3 to 9 years of age."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/tri-circle-d-ranch/

Interesting, I think that 8:30 wagon ride may work well for us. Our Hoop Dee Doo is at 6:15. We should be able to stumble fat and happy out of there and onto the wagon ride.

i will take that as pretty close. I have never done that one personally and didnt have my notes handy to look it up. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, to follow up- we did NOT let my daughter drive.

We let my son drive instead!

7e409a4c3bc4e267ba77bcc99b159d44.jpg

(Just kidding! We were very responsible drivers.)