• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't ever remember having Doodle's punch.     And I've had it several times.  

One wears a dirndl and the other wears a babushka

Nope!

Haven't heard it.

On our first trip to Russia in December 2010, I had a terrible head cold, which for me used to always turn into a sinus infection.  I could feel my head getting ready to explode and didn't want to find a foreign clinic if I didn't have to.  Our interpreter told me to get a bottle of vodka, and soak my socks and tshirt in it, then drink the rest of the bottle.  She said I'd sweat all night and the vodka would draw the infection out of me.  And drinking it would help me sleep.  

I'm no vodka fan, so I opted to visit a pharmacy and get some German herbal stuff (Russians are not believers in unnatural pharmaceutical products like we are).  It actually worked.  I'm guessing the vodka might have worked too if I'd tried it.  The Russians love their vodka, that's for sure.  

On our first trip to Russia in December 2010, I had a terrible head cold, which for me used to always turn into a sinus infection. I could feel my head getting ready to explode and didn't want to find a foreign clinic if I didn't have to. Our interpreter told me to get a bottle of vodka, and soak my socks and tshirt in it, then drink the rest of the bottle. She said I'd sweat all night and the vodka would draw the infection out of me. And drinking it would help me sleep.

I'm no vodka fan, so I opted to visit a pharmacy and get some German herbal stuff (Russians are not believers in unnatural pharmaceutical products like we are). It actually worked. I'm guessing the vodka might have worked too if I'd tried it. The Russians love their vodka, that's for sure.

Vodka good!

Herbal stuff not!

(In my best Russian accent)

Thanks for the answers and the fun hijacking.

Not on the Beer topic but certainly the accent, google how to peel potatoes fast. It is a youtube video of a German or maybe Russian guy. Interesting video but funny accent. I am a Mikes kind of gal.  btw how do you tell the difference between a German and a Russian?

Thanks for the answers and the fun hijacking.

Not on the Beer topic but certainly the accent, google how to peel potatoes fast. It is a youtube video of a German or maybe Russian guy. Interesting video but funny accent. I am a Mikes kind of gal.  btw how do you tell the difference between a German and a Russian?

I love the Crazy Russian Guys videos. LOL

Unhijack for a moment ... The Fort doesn't get free dining become we are the black sheep of Disney Resorts. We park our 'cheap' RV on an "cheap" site; cook our own food instead of paying Disney prices at their restaurants; we bring our own golf carts instead of playing the "reasonable" prices for a Disney cart; cheapskates like campers at The Fort don't deserve free dining. </Snarkasm>

Unhijack for a moment ... The Fort doesn't get free dining become we are the black sheep of Disney Resorts. We park our 'cheap' RV on an "cheap" site; cook our own food instead of paying Disney prices at their restaurants; we bring our own golf carts instead of playing the "reasonable" prices for a Disney cart; cheapskates like campers at The Fort don't deserve free dining. </Snarkasm>

I guess that just means we are smart camping hicks. 

Really, you would think they could be creative in some kind of offer. Maybe limit it to only 6 guests. The Fort is not the only Red Headed Step Child in WDW property is it?

The cost of a site during the "free" dining promotion is also much less than even the values. Allowing 6 people to have free dining on a $70 a night site doesn't make good economic sense for Disney.

The cost of a site during the "free" dining promotion is also much less than even the values. Allowing 6 people to have free dining on a $70 a night site doesn't make good economic sense for Disney.

This is true but I think every time I seen free dining offered you have to pay the regular rack rate and buy tickets also.

Also I think it's based on 4 people/ room not six.

Maybe Jason can jump in and verify or dispute my thoughts.

This is true but I think every time I seen free dining offered you have to pay the regular rack rate and buy tickets also.

Also I think it's based on 4 people/ room not six.

Maybe Jason can jump in and verify or dispute my thoughts.

I think Kelly was referring to how Krisite said maybe they could limit it to 6 people.

At the hotels it's usually requires a 2 day ticket and most rooms can only hold 4 people with some exceptions of course.

Personally while I would love to see the Fort have free dining I think it would cause more availability issues, and may have in the past if I recall correctly. There are rumors of people booking sites just to get magic bands and EMH. I would think they would try to book a site for 10 people and stay offsite. Availability might become even harder to get.

Essentially though say a tent site goes for $70 at a certain point of the year and a room goes for $125 at the same time.

Free dining for 4 people at the hotel vs 10 people at the sites would be a huge difference. And while it would be great if Disney could cap the number of free people at a site, they haven't been able to make magic bands open the comfort stations reliably yet. The chances of that happening are low. Also the families with more than say 6 who stay at the Fort simply to save money would be left out at least partially and would cry discrimination.

I will also add that even free dining has exceptions. Typically the some of AOA are left out and sometimes Riverside. If a place is filling without it why offer it.

I have always said, that they could offer free dining to every child per paying adult with dining plan for the campsites. 2 adults, 3 children, than two children would get the free dining plan, 4 adults, 3 children, than three children get the dining plan etc etc. Than you can still use you 10 person limit and Disney would still be making their money. If anything it may not be a lot but it would be something and actually maybe more people would buy the dining plan while using the campsites.  

Best Regards,

Norm