Thinking of trading to one.

It would be a used unit.

We have a jeep that we can flat tow.

We have a trailer that I can load our jeep and a golf cart onto.

But can a gas class A or class C tow that much? I don't want to be stuck doing 50 up a hill.

I know a diesel pusher would be the way to go for power. But for the amount we use it it just doesn't seem like the smart thing to buy.

If I was to buy a diesel pusher it would be a 98-02 with around 50,000 miles.

If it was a class A it would be a 02-06 with about 20,000 miles on it

Class C really doesn't work because we like having a washer and dryer with us. But you never know if we found the right one.

Just kicking the idea around so kick me in the right direction or should I just keep my trailer.

I'm not aware of any gassers that can tow more than 5,000 pounds.  Not that they don't exist....I just haven't seen one.

That helps thanks. It tells me jeep trailer and golf cart is going to be to much. I guess i really don't know what our jeep weighs?

We have a gasser and we tow a Jeep.  We haven't had any trouble going to Ft. Wilderness or to Oklahoma or pretty much anywhere in Texas.  However, there is a pretty steep hill over by Jacksboro/Decatur and as we were climbing that hill, slowly, both of us could tell the engine didn't like it.  We pretty much decided right then that Colorado was out of the question for us.  I certainly am glad that the highway to Florida is flat!

If I was to buy a diesel pusher it would be a 98-02 with around 50,000 miles.

We have an '02 diesel pusher.  If you buy one in that age range with only 50,000 miles on it, that's not good.  Those engines need to be used more.  We try to let ours run for 30 minutes or so at least once a month and drive it as often as we can.  

Remember that diesel engines can last for hundreds of thousands of miles -- far longer than a gas engine.  People say diesels are so much more expensive to maintain, but we've had ours for 8 years now and haven't found that to be the case.

And we can tow 10,000 pounds with ours.

But something else to consider in the '98 to '02 range is how many people you travel with.  Most mohos of that age are only designed for two people with occasional guests.  We have a queen bed, a double full length sofa, and another sofa that's double in width but short.  It would sleep 2 kids 6 years old or under.  We also have room in the kitchen to fit a queen sized air mattress, but that would be pain to deal with every day.

As Gwen said, an unused diesel is not good. NADA does not even consider mileage on a diesel when calculating trade values. You are much better looking for a unit with the higher mileage if older, but definitely ask for maintenance records just to be sure routine service was performed as needed.

We have a gasser and we tow a Jeep.  We haven't had any trouble going to Ft. Wilderness or to Oklahoma or pretty much anywhere in Texas.  However, there is a pretty steep hill over by Jacksboro/Decatur and as we were climbing that hill, slowly, both of us could tell the engine didn't like it.  We pretty much decided right then that Colorado was out of the question for us.  I certainly am glad that the highway to Florida is flat!

When you say the engine didn't like it....do you mean it revved up to high RPM's?  If that's all, that is what that V10 is designed to do.  Sometimes heading up a grade with one it'll sound like the engine wants to jump right through the doghouse.  I remember on our last MH, if heading up a mountain grade, INC and I couldn't even carry on a conversation, it was that loud.  My van has the same engine and is also loud.  However, on the new MH I drove home from Knoxville yesterday, I was very impressed with how quiet it is.  I'm guessing that Winnebago has improved the insulation as I doubt Ford is building the engine any quieter after all these years.  But in any case, as long as you are staying under the weight limits, don't worry too much about that engine.  Use Tow/Haul mode and let 'er run.  

I've heard that the 2015 Ford Chassis has been redesigned for better handling.  I would like to hear from someone with experience driving one as the Tampa RV showing is happening soon.  There is a spot on I40 in Tenn. that challenged my V10 but I normally don't have much of a problem.  I do keep the rpm's maxed out at 3500 and on steep grades that equates to 35 MPH.  But I'm retired and am in no hurry to get anywhere.  I find that V10's will be noisy at most any speed.

I've heard that the 2015 Ford Chassis has been redesigned for better handling.  I would like to hear from someone with experience driving one as the Tampa RV showing is happening soon.  There is a spot on I40 in Tenn. that challenged my V10 but I normally don't have much of a problem.  I do keep the rpm's maxed out at 3500 and on steep grades that equates to 35 MPH.  But I'm retired and am in no hurry to get anywhere.  I find that V10's will be noisy at most any speed.

I am thoroughly impressed so far with the handling, ride quality and quietness of the new motorhome compared to our 2007 one.  The larger Michelin tires make a big difference, but I swear the V10 has been improved significantly as well.  Hopefully I still have the same opinion after driving it to the Fort next weekend.   

I am thoroughly impressed so far with the handling, ride quality and quietness of the new motorhome compared to our 2007 one. The larger Michelin tires make a big difference, but I swear the V10 has been improved significantly as well. Hopefully I still have the same opinion after driving it to the Fort next weekend.

What the Fort!

You bought a new MoHo and didn't share pix?

Or did I just miss it?

If it will help you justify getting a class A you can give the truck and trailer to me. I can even come pick it up. 

Well see thats the problem is i would  keep my truck. So it makes  a motor home look  like a bad deal compared to a trailer. 

Well see thats the problem is i would keep my truck. So it makes a motor home look like a bad deal compared to a trailer.

Ok you keep the truck and since I only love one state north of you I'll sacrifice my time and drive down and take that darn TT off of your hands.

If y'all want to buy it I would be happy to sell it for profit. We actually like our trailer. It's just the idea of a motorhome seems so nice for that long drive to Florida. That's the only reason I would want one. For local camping I like my trailer better because I have my truck to haul stuff plus the garage in the trailer.

If y'all want to buy it I would be happy to sell it for profit. We actually like our trailer. It's just the idea of a motorhome seems so nice for that long drive to Florida. That's the only reason I would want one. For local camping I like my trailer better because I have my truck to haul stuff plus the garage in the trailer.

I hear you.  I will miss my trailer for some of the local state parks we like to go to and a couple of spots in the mountains that are a bit tight.  Not that our trailer was small, but it was maneuverable.  Wouldn't it be nice to own both?  

I hear you.  I will miss my trailer for some of the local state parks we like to go to and a couple of spots in the mountains that are a bit tight.  Not that our trailer was small, but it was maneuverable.  Wouldn't it be nice to own both?  

Yes it would and nice  new rig by the way. That would  do just fine with.