Rumor: Magic Kingdom Power Outage 12/15?

Not from 10 am to 3 pm

Good to know!

Still not sure what really went on.  I'm seeing random reports (not firsthand) that there may have been a power surge, that some attractions may have been effected (Splash Mtn for one) and that the power may be out in a wider area to include the Contemporary, Bay Lake Tower and the Disney College Program apartments.

If anybody gets any info firsthand, let us know.

It was a localized power outage that only affeted parts of Adventure land attractions. The attractions continued to run but limited functionality. I cant go into further details.

Go ahead and just spill the beans.... it was probably a damed squirrel!

USF main campus lost power 2 days in a row a couple of weeks ago because of squirrels getting into the power lines.

About a year ago the City of Tampa had a boil water alert because a squirrel knocked out power to the main pump station/water treatment plant.

Bushy-tailed rats!

Tuesday night we were coming back to the Fort on the launch.  We got just a short distance from the dock when the Captain announced that all water craft had to return to the dock and all passengers had to leave the boat.  At first no one knew the reason but one young cast member on the dock said she was not allowed to talk about it.   So, all of us had to walk to the buses and take a bus to the Wilderness Lodge and then the shuttle to the Fort.  They sent several buses to help with the large crowd and of course none of them could handle our 3 wheel chairs.  So Ken took Shawnee and Blake on the first one (not the first bus but the one that finally got to us) and Kimberly and I took the next one.  We all managed to get great drivers as they did not make us get out at the Lodge but took us to the Fort.  The one driving my bus was not the happiest but at that point all I wanted was to get to the Fort.  It was after 11:30 pm by the time we got to our site.  We were all exhausted but the kids were so good during it all.

Tuesday night we were coming back to the Fort on the launch.  We got just a short distance from the dock when the Captain announced that all water craft had to return to the dock and all passengers had to leave the boat.  At first no one knew the reason but one young cast member on the dock said she was not allowed to talk about it.   So, all of us had to walk to the buses and take a bus to the Wilderness Lodge and then the shuttle to the Fort.  They sent several buses to help with the large crowd and of course none of them could handle our 3 wheel chairs.  So Ken took Shawnee and Blake on the first one (not the first bus but the one that finally got to us) and Kimberly and I took the next one.  We all managed to get great drivers as they did not make us get out at the Lodge but took us to the Fort.  The one driving my bus was not the happiest but at that point all I wanted was to get to the Fort.  It was after 11:30 pm by the time we got to our site.  We were all exhausted but the kids were so good during it all.

Very weird!  I've never heard of that happening before.

Glad you were able to eventually get back to the Fort, but that I can't imagine what an ordeal that must have been.

The River Country Swamp Monster must have gotten out into the lake again.  Those blue barrels everyone wonders about are what they use to grow his food. 

:rofl2:

In January there was a night where it was so foggy that all boat traffic was docked.  Getting back to the Fort was an adventure similar to what Judy described.

I can understand not letting the boats leave in the fog, but I can't imagine what would have caused them to actually call them back to the dock once they had headed out into the lake.

:rofl2:

In January there was a night where it was so foggy that all boat traffic was docked.  Getting back to the Fort was an adventure similar to what Judy described.

I can understand not letting the boats leave in the fog, but I can't imagine what would have caused them to actually call them back to the dock once they had headed out into the lake.

I'm guessing there was something going on (electrical, water, sewer, medical, search for property) and they had divers in the water. That happened to me once when leaving MK. They had divers in the water near the loading area, so no boats could enter or leave the area. I ended up walking to Contemporary and taking the boat from there.  I bet they don't want the liability of having boats anywhere near the divers.

I'm guessing there was something going on (electrical, water, sewer, medical, search for property) and they had divers in the water. That happened to me once when leaving MK. They had divers in the water near the loading area, so no boats could enter or leave the area. I ended up walking to Contemporary and taking the boat from there.  I bet they don't want the liability of having boats anywhere near the divers.

I never thought of that, but it makes sense.

I have heard of them doing that. Many, many years ago a friend of mine dropped his glasses from a pontoon during an Illuminations cruise, and they did send the divers looking.

Also, the bottom of Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon is filled with utility lines (electric/water/sewer) that have to be worked on by divers.