Just saw on the place that won't be mentioned that there is a person that seems to be pushing people that want to camp away from the Fort or into deluxe or mods.  The name was Skyp4wdw.  I noticed Magicbus must have seen that too as you looked up who he was.  The responses almost sound like somebody who works for Disney and wants to move people into the other resorts.  He actually tries to dissuade them from camping.  But it would be ok if they stayed in a cabin....hmmmmm.

Sorry I peek in there and when I see someone who needs guidance (to a better place) namely us, I send a cryptic message to guide them here.  It works! :rofl2:

I noticed Magicbus must have seen that too as you looked up who he was.

I did look them up but it wasn't because of any recent post. I believe I looked up Skyp4wdw after they posted a response on another DIS forum about a bus accident last year. I wanted to see if there was any profile info before calling them Jackasses for writing some stupid comments. Never did though. I wonder if they're on here?

Just saw on the place that won't be mentioned that there is a person that seems to be pushing people that want to camp away from the Fort or into deluxe or mods.  The name was Skyp4wdw.  I noticed Magicbus must have seen that too as you looked up who he was.  The responses almost sound like somebody who works for Disney and wants to move people into the other resorts.  He actually tries to dissuade them from camping.  But it would be ok if they stayed in a cabin....hmmmmm.

Sorry I peek in there and when I see someone who needs guidance (to a better place) namely us, I send a cryptic message to guide them here.  It works! ::)

I haven't noticed that - but I haven't been over there in a while.  I do the cryptic message thing too!  I've discovered if you tell someone to go to portpiends.net it gets through without the stars.  We're all kinda secret agents  :banana:  But hey, if someone says "Where can I find so-and-so and her funny TRs..."

I've only tried on PMs though -

I saw that as well, but I believe the OP mentioned they were looking for a "budget vacation" (or at least that was the case in the thread I read). They were looking for a rental tt or pop up. I read the reply as saying that a stay in FW is not necessarily a budget vacation. The campers they will rent, in addition to the site fee, might be as much as a discounted rate on a cabin if they were able to secure one.  Having done this myself, it is something to be considered.

If you add it up...they are correct. Of course the convenience of staying in the regular camping loops as opposed the cabin loops would be a big consideration as far as I'm concerned.

I think once we all really get into camping, we find out the freakin budget goes out the window. :rofl2:

Hence my mh in the shop.  Again.

Ain't that the truth.

It's not a budget vacation. It's a lifestyle choice as far as I'm concerned. It's not cheap once you have a site fee, and a rental involved. That being said, I think it's a great option. Just not a cheap one.

That is so true, Auntie, our cruise was less money than a trip to the Fort. However I didn't have my own little home on wheels, with my own bed that I didn't have worry that there might be critters. I also wouldn't have had to vacate the room to let someone clean it. Plus I could eat when I wanted too and even have breakfast in my  pj's.

All of those things plus so much more make camping the lifestyle for me :rofl2:

Did you find the parts you needed Jen or is going to be a Cha-Ching repair? I'm hoping it's not the latter :rofl2:

It is the latter.  The RV is in pieces at the radiator shop.  The fabricators are working their magic.  The muffler guy has visited to take his measurements as well.  Gloom, despair and agony on me.  :rofl2:

That is so true, Auntie, our cruise was less money than a trip to the Fort. However I didn't have my own little home on wheels, with my own bed that I didn't have worry that there might be critters. I also wouldn't have had to vacate the room to let someone clean it. Plus I could eat when I wanted too and even have breakfast in my  pj's.

All of those things plus so much more make camping the lifestyle for me :)

This is exactly how we feel. Camping at the fort is not a budget vacation by any means. But the pros of staying at the fort in a camper far out weight the cons. One of our favorite things is having our truck right out the door. We can be at any of the parks way faster than anyone taking the buses from any resort & there's no waiting around in line. The piece and quiet at the fort is something that can not be matched at any of the resorts either.  Camping at the fort is the only way we go now.

OH YEAH BABY!!!  400 posts  :yay: :thewave1: :banana:

EXACTLY!!!  Staying at the Fort is not cheap!!  But boy is it RELAXING!!!  Even at the Fort, we do use the buses to get to the parks, but we go to the parks very little nowadays.  When we stay at the hotels, we are "out" a lot more, and it's not near as relaxing for me.  The Fort is a Resort and a place to hang out, the other hotels are just a place to sleep and shower.

I thought I might be the only one who still lurks around you-know-where.  I hadn't mentioned it so I wouldn't be banned from here.  :rofl3:

I also didn't realize there are so many people who remember and appreciate such good entertainment and humor as has been referred to herein.  Love that Hee Haw!!  :rofl2:

Jen,  Good luck on the repairs.  These money holes we own seem to get deeper and deeper.

I saw that as well, but I believe the OP mentioned they were looking for a "budget vacation" (or at least that was the case in the thread I read).

That was the case in one of the threads but in others I also got the impression this person was anti-FW.  I started to wonder why all the negativity... did they have a bad experience renting from someone?  Who knows what the reason is.  They also mentioned in a number of posts to check out resort photos at allears.net, so maybe it's someone trying to direct some traffic that way.

I still wander over there too. I did not see that post though. I have no problem with them tring to steer people away as it's hard to get a spot at the fort. I will agree though. In my case its cheaper to stay at a value than the fort anyday. Our last trip we stayed at ASM and had free dining. The cost was  cheaper by $1200 if we had to buy the meal package and stay at the fort. Plus the extra gas from Canada. We still plan on towing down but it will have to wait a few years.