This could be just for today. Mk is currently a phase b closure so they may be checking to keep anyone who can't get in from getting in. They also restrict access to the beaches and contemporary during holidays to just resort guests. A loophole was to use the buses to get in. Guess they fixed that loophole.

It's not normally against the rules.  Typically Disney transportation is open to all Guests - with "Guests" being anyone visiting property whether they're staying there or not.

I think they're just making a point of checking MBs at DTD because of the holiday closures in the parks. MK is currently at a "Phase B" closure which means...

The following can still enter the park.

• WDW Resort Guests, including The Four Seasons Resort, Swan, Dolphin or Shades of Green, Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels arriving by bus (Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, The Buena Vista Palace, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, B Resort, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, Hilton), Golden Oak residents and guests.
  • WDW Premier Passport, Annual & Premium Passholders
  • Guests with Park Hopper tickets re-entering or crossing over from another WDW Theme Park
  • Guests with Memory Maker
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop or The Pirates League.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/31dec2014-magic-kingdom-currently-closed-to-some-guests-due-to-reaching-capacity.htm

I would imagine there are people that aren't able to get into the parks because of the phased closures that are trying to find a way in by using DTD buses, which is why they're checking.

Ferry and buses... great idea!  I agree, they should do this every time.  I think it's okay to park hop (and I'm guessing that Disney would always allow this) it's those who are not staying on property, that cause a problem.

I hope the checks continue...

Am I missing something?

They are checking MB at DTD. There are no buses that go from DTD straight to the parks. Even if they get to the park entrance and there not resort guests, AP holders they're not getting into the park.

I think they are checking them to stop freeloaders from parking at DTD for free.

Am I missing something?

They are checking MB at DTD. There are no buses that go from DTD straight to the parks. Even if they get to the park entrance and there not resort guests, AP holders they're not getting into the park.

I think they are checking them to stop freeloaders from parking at DTD for free.

Just waylaying them before they take two buses to try to get to the parks. Then have to take two buses to get back. I'm sure the buses everywhere were overwhelmed

Just waylaying them before they take two buses to try to get to the parks. Then have to take two buses to get back. I'm sure the buses everywhere were overwhelmed

Also stopping non resort guests from getting to the poly to watch the fireworks only to be told they can't. Or the fort. Or the grand.

• 4 weeks later...

I brought this up in a post a while back and Lou said it would never happen. I agree with Lonestar that it should be done all the time. Even though it's the campsites, we spend a lot of money to be a resort guest and should get some privileges with transportation services. Especially the former "resort nay" monorail