I got a call today from my parents, who decided that today would be a good day to visit DTD.  The were absolutely taken aback from the mayhem of the parking.  For those who are not aware, (and I wish they had snapped some pictures) the only parking available for DTD is in the new parking deck at Disney's West Side.  Now, it is a good 5 stories, however, it is still, just one parking deck.  They told me that at each of the other entrances, there are CMs standing there directing traffic away from the once-paved parking spaces.  They are now dug up in preparation for the new 3 decks that Disney is preparing to build. 

My parents parked in the deck on the third floor, and then had to walk the whole way back to the original section of DTD where they wanted to make their purchases.  They said by the time they got back, they were pooped.

My question is that when they get all this parking deck mess done, is there going to be parking allotted for large vehicles like campers and travel trailers and the like for people who would like to shop on their way out from their vacations?  Or, is Disney going to cram them in overflow at the Fort (where we know there is SO MUCH ROOM NOW) and convince people to bus themselves over to shop and then bus themselves back to then leave?

The future looks perplexing.

My parents parked in the deck on the third floor, and then had to walk the whole way back to the original section of DTD where they wanted to make their purchases.  They said by the time they got back, they were pooped.

And unless something's changed recently, the only other alternative is the ONE bus stop at the Marketplace - which means if you want to go as far as the West Side or even PI, you've got a heck of a hike there too.  Plus since that bus stop isn't big enough to handle all the traffic, they're doubling up the bus stops (or were a month ago).  We could SEE our bus, but couldn't actually get ON it because we had to wait for the AoA bus to load and leave first so our bus could use the same spot.

Even before all this craziness started in the parking lots, we decided to stop at Earl of Sandwich one time with the camper in tow on our way out.....

HUGE mistake. We had to park way over near T-Rex out in the back, then the long hike to Earl, then the long line for food, then the long hike back.

Won't ever do that again.

I'm avoiding that place until completion. There's nothing there that is worth all that hassle. Although now that Jason's seen the beer list at Raglan Road, he might disagree. 

Raglan Road is worth the hassle.  

The rest of the place can be tossed into the lake, including the Legos, Earl of Crapwich, and Ghirardelli (except the free samples).  

I got a call today from my parents, who decided that today would be a good day to visit DTD.  The were absolutely taken aback from the mayhem of the parking.  For those who are not aware, (and I wish they had snapped some pictures) the only parking available for DTD is in the new parking deck at Disney's West Side.  Now, it is a good 5 stories, however, it is still, just one parking deck.  They told me that at each of the other entrances, there are CMs standing there directing traffic away from the once-paved parking spaces.  They are now dug up in preparation for the new 3 decks that Disney is preparing to build. 

My question is that when they get all this parking deck mess done, is there going to be parking allotted for large vehicles like campers and travel trailers and the like for people who would like to shop on their way out from their vacations?  Or, is Disney going to cram them in overflow at the Fort (where we know there is SO MUCH ROOM NOW) and convince people to bus themselves over to shop and then bus themselves back to then leave?

The future looks perplexing.

Does anyone outside of Auburn, Alabama call parking garages parking decks?

TCD

Interesting.

My Auburn daughter was telling me about where the parking deck is that she has to park at for her job, and I didn't know she was talking about a parking garage.

I had never heard the term before.

TCD

I've seen that term at many airports and hotels.