Thoughts on this?

23. Epcot’s American Pavilion is home to an American flag taken from the rubble of 9/11/2001

On one of our trips, we did wander around the American Pavilion and saw the flag. I thought it was a temporary exhibit, but haven't poked around any since, so it may still be there. We rarely spend much time downstairs as we are taken upstairs with Rick's scooter.

That list seems to have some mistakes. I may be wrong. Can any one confirm or deny the following?

# 4. I heard this before and a few years ago I ask a CM and he said he never heard about any paint brushes. True or false?

# 6. I think we all know that you have to order and pay for the grey stuff.

# 17. That big paddle boat drafts more than 1'. Even if it is on tracks. I'm just not buying it.

# 19. If I'm not mistaken there are restrooms inside Columbia Harbor house. And I believe that's part of Liberty Square.

Did I miss one?

That list seems to have some mistakes. I may be wrong. Can any one confirm or deny the following?

# 4. I heard this before and a few years ago I ask a CM and he said he never heard about any paint brushes. True or false?

There used to be, although I never heard you got FP if you found them.  I don't think this has been the case for a while.

# 19. If I'm not mistaken there are restrooms inside Columbia Harbor house. And I believe that's part of Liberty Square.

I'm not sure about CHH but there is one in Liberty Tree Tavern, in that little upstairs area off the lobby.  I have a picture somewhere of the really neat hammered metal sink.

I find the camel spit being operated by a person hard to believe too.

Hey- it's the very first "secret" on that blogger's list.  You don't think she would put a questionable one in the number one spot, do you?

TCD Twin #1 just completed 5 months working almost daily in Adventureland, assigned to the "ATT" group.  That's Aladdin, Treehouse, Tiki Room for us civilians.

There is no way that Disney pays a Castmember to aim camel spit at guests.

TCD

Did I miss one?

You are correct, Columbia Harbor House has restrooms inside on the second floor.

WBI

If you read the comments on the blog, a few self-appointed experts say that those restrooms are technically in Fantasyland. They make the same point in regard to the LTT restrooms- those are technically in Adventureland.

TCD

Yeah I read those comments. But iirc the restrooms IN Columbia harbor house are decorated in the style of Liberty square not Fantasyland.

Any fiend on the scene that needs to tinkle?

Yeah I read those comments. But iirc the restrooms IN Columbia harbor house are decorated in the style of Liberty square not Fantasyland.

Any fiend on the scene that needs to tinkle?

If I remember correctly TCD actually took some pictures of those bathrooms during an old trip, but he'll have to check the archives for them.

WBI

If I remember correctly TCD actually took some pictures of those bathrooms during an old trip, but he'll have to check the archives for them.

WBI

Very good.

Here's an excerpt of that post, from nearly three years ago:

We went with CHH.

I don't know why, but we always take our food upstairs to eat here.

It is usually not crowded.

And it wasn't bad today.

Again, I don't know why, but I like the restrooms up here.

They are so retro.

Here they are:

IMG_0798.jpg

When is the last time you saw so much wood paneling?

It's probably been a while.

So, that's what the outside looks like.

The insides are pretty retro too.

But, who would take photos inside of a restroom?

Well, me for one.

Here's the little lobby on the way in to the business center of the men's room:

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

And this is where your business is to be conducted:

IMG_0799.jpg

I love how out of date these restrooms are.

I hope they never update them.

We usually sit in the area of the upstairs over the walkway below. But, the girls picked a different place to sit. Over by a window. And the window was covered by a cheap-o looking piece of fabric. Like temporary drapes. I asked the girls why they picked this table. Twin #1 said lift up that fabric and take a look outside old man. So I did. And this is what I saw:

IMG_0804.jpg

Do you remember that photo of the pet cemetary that showed the retaining wall being built?

Well, that wall you see in the back of this photo is that retaining wall. And the dug up area is what is going on behind those walls. You can see the fence with the fake plants on it there in the foreground of the photo. We could see everything that was going on from here!

Good job, twin #1!

That big building in the back of this photo is the ride building for the Haunted Mansion, and the castle looking building on the right is the Small World building:

IMG_0805.jpg

You can do some great people watching from up here:

IMG_0806.jpg

The windows on the left of this photo are the windows that overlook the walkway. You can see that they are covered up in this photo:

IMG_0808.jpg

After we ate, I moved over to the area of the room that is built over the walkway, and I was able to peek out the windows here, too. I could see even more from here. Here we can see that it looks like there will be a little pond here. Or at least a big drain:

IMG_0809.jpg

Here's the walkway. All those people are walking by wondering what is on the other side of that fence:

IMG_0810.jpg

Here are a few more shots, just in case you haven't seen enough:

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

None of this makes sense to me. There is no reason to go to all this trouble for just a walkway. Something else must be going in here. I still say a gift shop for the Haunted Mansion. But we will have to wait and see.

Those upstairs restrooms are on the Fantasyland side of the covered walkway where I took some of those photos from.

The restrooms are in the approximate area of the purple asterisk in this purple crayon drawing. North of the purple line:

chh_zps61759ca2.jpg

I think that technically places their location in Fantasyland.

TCD

I call shenanigans. The restrooms in Liberty Tree Tavern are directly off the lobby, not in a far-flung area of the building that is technically in another land.

From the Disney website...

Liberty Tree Tavern
liberty-tree-tavern-00.jpg?1102201308483

Magic Kingdom® Park

Liberty Square

Valid Park Admission Required

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/liberty-tree-tavern/

That little upstairs railing in the middle is where the bathrooms are.

I call shenanigans. The restrooms in Liberty Tree Tavern are directly off the lobby, not in a far-flung area of the building that is technically in another land.

From the Disney website...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/liberty-tree-tavern/

That little upstairs railing in the middle is where the bathrooms are.

Also the current park map lists both LTT and the Diamond Horseshoe in Liberty Square, and DH is closer to Adventureland than LTT is.

You're right.

I looked at an aerial photo, the same way I did for CHH, and I'd say that the whole LTT building is in Liberty Square.  So those restrooms definitely are in Liberty Square.

Another "secret" debunked!

TCD

WBI

Great memory.

The CHH restrooms may technically be in Fantadyland but i bet if you ask any CM where the restroom is they'll tell you to go into liberty square. And in my heart they are located in liberty square.

But I do have one question for TCD. How do you get that purple crayon off of your computer monitor? Lol

Great memory.

The CHH restrooms may technically be in Fantadyland but i bet if you ask any CM where the restroom is they'll tell you to go into liberty square. And in my heart they are located in liberty square.

But I do have one question for TCD. How do you get that purple crayon off of your computer monitor? Lol

I agree with you Ray- it's dumb to try to say that those restrooms aren't in Liberty Square.

I have a special purple crayon eraser that I used to get the crayon off of my monitor.

TCD