Yup, Sean is a great guy!!  He is the one who gave us his cell phone number for any issues.  I can attest to the fact that he answers it.  The installer had a question before my pick up and called around 6 to find that Sean answered the phone and helped him get it installed.

On th morning of my pick up (Saturday) there were some questions that arose after the test drive and again Sean answered the phone.

I know when I was deciding between Arrow & Pro Pride I sent several e-mails with questions.  I received answers from Sean at all hours of the night and weekends.

Now, which ever one you all choose, understand that there is a learning curve to using one of these hitches; mainly in the hook up department.  Take your time and don't get frustrated the first few times.  It gets quicker and easier each time you do it.  We have radios which allow the DW to talk me back without hand signals.  Even without the radios we are now at the point that when using hand signals both of us use all our fingers for signaling <_<    Many times I hook up alone and have found the Swift Hitch camera system a great asset.

We do pretty well hooking up the hybrid; tried radios, then found that it was easier to use our cell phones (with the speaker phone on).  I'm hoping that when we go larger, we'll still do okay.  I back up the truck and Tom tells me where to go...haha  :P   Like that camera system though... makes sense, like a rear back-up camera for a car, just pointed lower at the hitch.   

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually live about 30 minutes south of where the ProPride hitch warehouse is located.  When we purchased ours, I just called up Sean (the owner, formerly with Hensley) and drove up there and picked

I like the one your husband likes - but counter space matters to me in a camper and the islands just make me happy on the inside. Which one is your favorite? Wouldn't it be nice if you could go and de

I designed a 20' overall length camper using Visio. But never pursued how to build it. It was fun to play around and see what kind of limitations there were.   Camper Design - sleep 6, under 20'

Tom tells me where to go...haha  :P   Like that camera system though... makes sense, like a rear back-up camera for a car, just pointed lower at the hitch.   

Yea, the DW tells me where to go all the time.

The camera is on a magnetic base and you can stick it anywhere.  The  camera head is on a swivel so once you stick it on you can adjust to watch any point.

I've tried being the one to give directions and I SUCK AT IT. It makes me appreciate how hard her job is back there ordering me around. Fortunately, we have a pretty good system down by now.

We've had the same experience with radios vs. cell phone. I greatly prefer cell phones, but every once in a while we are in an area with crappy service.

We actually have three now...  Jayco 287BHSW (we love this one only for the HUGE shower...but don't like that that bunks are not in a "bunkhouse).   Coachmen 292bhds.  And my husband really like (even though it's longer) the Keystone 3320BH.

Quality wise I would rate the Jayco in the lead followed by the Coachman then the Keystone. Jayco a smaller private owned company that makes a very good unit, Coachman one of the oldest names in rv but now owned by Forest River, but they do have a very good reputation. If you go with them look into joining their camping group called FROG, Forest River Owners Group, some members here also participate there also. Have not heard the best on Keystone, no personal experience with them so can not help much there. Good luck & enjoy when you decide.

I like the one your husband likes - but counter space matters to me in a camper and the islands just make me happy on the inside. Which one is your favorite? Wouldn't it be nice if you could go and design your own affordable TT? Like the kitchen design places but for campers? I'd like this length with this many slides. I want this shower and this bathroom sink. If they had a website for that, I would probably never get anything else done.

I like the one your husband likes - but counter space matters to me in a camper and the islands just make me happy on the inside. Which one is your favorite? Wouldn't it be nice if you could go and design your own affordable TT? Like the kitchen design places but for campers? I'd like this length with this many slides. I want this shower and this bathroom sink. If they had a website for that, I would probably never get anything else done.

Haha... that's funny, we've said the same thing.  I'm sure that you could build your own RV, but not in our budget  :rolleyes:

I do like the floorplan of the Keystone however, I really like the shower in the Jayco (and this boot box that's inside by the coat rack)... for the Coachmen, I really like the finishes in that one.   Oh, the Keystone is also a little over 3' longer which I don't like.

We actually have three now...  Jayco 287BHSW (we love this one only for the HUGE shower...but don't like that that bunks are not in a "bunkhouse).   Coachmen 292bhds.  And my husband really like (even though it's longer) the Keystone 3320BH.

Just looking at the floor-plans I agree with your husband.  Even though I have a Coachmen and human nature tells me to recommend them, I don't like the side shower in the 292BHDS.

Quality wise I would rate the Jayco in the lead followed by the Coachman then the Keystone. Jayco a smaller private owned company that makes a very good unit, Coachman one of the oldest names in rv but now owned by Forest River, but they do have a very good reputation. If you go with them look into joining their camping group called FROG, Forest River Owners Group, some members here also participate there also. Have not heard the best on Keystone, no personal experience with them so can not help much there. Good luck & enjoy when you decide.

Keystone is a unit of Thor Indiustries, the largest RV manufacturer.  Their flagship line is Airstream.  Here is a list of their brands copied from Wikipedia.

Recreation Vehicles

Motorized Recreation Vehicles (Motorhomes)

for the Coachmen, I really like the finishes in that one.

The finishes are what sold us on Coachmen.  If you get the Liberty Edition Luxury Upgrade and the Premier Package it is just wonderful.  Solid surface counters, nice cabinet finishes and more LED lighting than you can believe. 

Just looking at the floor-plans I agree with your husband.  Even though I have a Coachmen and human nature tells me to recommend them, I don't like the side shower in the 292BHDS.

The finishes are what sold us on Coachmen.  If you get the Liberty Edition Luxury Upgrade and the Premier Package it is just wonderful.  Solid surface counters, nice cabinet finishes and more LED lighting than you can believe. 

See... you're NO help ;)   The tub/shower in the Coachmen is exactly what I don't like... and the finishes (we are looking at a Liberty Edition model) are exactly what I do; it just seems like it's made more solid than the Keystone.  My first impression, is that the Keystone will not hold up as well...

Thanks Rennie.  If the Jayco's bunks were in a bunkhouse...it would be a no-brainer for us as the quality in the trailer really does seems heads above the others.  The shower is this silly thing is HUGE.  I LOVE it!   However.... the thought is the only person who really couldn't fit in a standard tub/shower is my husband and he is less picky and will (God bless him) use just about any bathhouse... so maybe we're better off going with a traditional bunkhouse.  The bunkhouse serves its greatest purpose at night as we can "shut them off" and (if it's cold outside) possibly sit inside and watch tv without waking them up.

Now I like the beds in the Jayco, because they are a good size and the kids can grow into them and each have their own good size space, I also like the front coat rack area. The only thing I don't like on the Jayco is the siding on the outside, I have always liked the fiberglass flat siding, but thats just me.

Best Regards,

Norm

I designed a 20' overall length camper using Visio. But never pursued how to build it. It was fun to play around and see what kind of limitations there were.

Camper Design - sleep 6, under 20'

Now I like the beds in the Jayco, because they are a good size and the kids can grow into them and each have their own good size space, I also like the front coat rack area. The only thing I don't like on the Jayco is the siding on the outside, I have always liked the fiberglass flat siding, but thats just me.

Best Regards,

Norm

Now, that is EXACTLY what I told my husband!  I agree on the siding...but that isn't a deal breaker for me. 

See our "drama"   :lol:

Nacole,

I would not recommend Keystone and specifically the Cougar line We have a 302 BHS and while overall it has been decent, I have had too many instances of poor quality.  A specific issue is with the exterior decals which peeled  within the first three years.  Most owners were unable to get Keystone to address these issues.  My next RV will not be a Keystone!

However, I will recommend Three Way.  We have had good experiences with them for the most part.  

Scot

The bunkhouse serves its greatest purpose at night as we can "shut them off" and (if it's cold outside) possibly sit inside and watch tv without waking them up.

It's also a good place for the kids to go to have "their own space" and can play by them selves. It's nice now with our 2 girls that they can go in our bunkhouse and play for a bit and we don't have to be on them watching like hawks.

Speaking to the TV comment.... The TV in the Keystone is up against the bunkhouse and would likely be heard very well by the kids if they are trying to sleep\rest. Just an observation.

It's also a good place for the kids to go to have "their own space" and can play by them selves. It's nice now with our 2 girls that they can go in our bunkhouse and play for a bit and we don't have to be on them watching like hawks.

Speaking to the TV comment.... The TV in the Keystone is up against the bunkhouse and would likely be heard very well by the kids if they are trying to sleep\rest. Just an observation.

Yep... another con.  There are speakers throughout, what we don't know is if the tv sound is through the speakers; if so, we can push the sound back towards the speakers over the couch.

Reality is... each one has a list of pros and each has a list of cons.  Kind-of like house searching, you're never going to get everything so we need to decide what our top "really wants" are and go from there.  At least I think we've narrowed it down to those three units... maybe now it will just all come down to price ;)

Yep... another con.  There are speakers throughout, what we don't know is if the tv sound is through the speakers; if so, we can push the sound back towards the speakers over the couch.

Reality is... each one has a list of pros and each has a list of cons.  Kind-of like house searching, you're never going to get everything so we need to decide what our top "really wants" are and go from there.  At least I think we've narrowed it down to those three units... maybe now it will just all come down to price ;)

If these 3 are at different dealers let them bid against each other for your business. Get a deal sheet for one unit and take it to the other dealer and see what they say. Obviously they aren't identical units but maybe if they see how serious you are they will work a little more with you.

Nacole,

I would not recommend Keystone and specifically the Cougar line We have a 302 BHS and while overall it has been decent, I have had too many instances of poor quality.  A specific issue is with the exterior decals which peeled  within the first three years.  Most owners were unable to get Keystone to address these issues.  My next RV will not be a Keystone!

However, I will recommend Three Way.  We have had good experiences with them for the most part.  

Scot

Hey Scot... thanks for the feedback on the Keystone.  It's good to hear firsthand, from a Keystone owner.  Are you all joining us (Fiend GG) at Bald Ridge over Memorial Day?  It would be great to meet you!  And yes, we too really like Three Way... just wish they would carry a trailer that worked for us; the primarily carry Forest River and we have found a floorplan/weight that will work for us :(

If these 3 are at different dealers let them bid against each other for your business. Get a deal sheet for one unit and take it to the other dealer and see what they say. Obviously they aren't identical units but maybe if they see how serious you are they will work a little more with you.

Thanks Todd... good tip.

FWiW,  I've had two bunkhouse campers in the past - first one was a Jayco Qwest (99'?) and second was a 2005 Fleetwood Prowler FW - the problem with bunkhouses that can be closed off is the ductwork.  Often being at the back end of the camper they will get the least air or heat depending on position and setup of AC, etc.  We had to put a fan on each boys bunk to keep them cool and almost never closed the door because of this.  Defeated the purpose of them having their own space.  I would have them turn the heat and air on in the Keystone or any bunkhouse with enclosed space so you can gauge if it's livable.

The Jayco was great - never a problem,  the Fleetwood was a steaming pile of bear poo.  The Fleetwood was the "prettiest" I've ever owned…just everything in the walls was crap.

Aluminum siding is a bit harder to keep clean, but it's lighter and will dent instead of crack and is much easier to repair.  We just sold a 07 Desert Fox that had aluminum siding that did well for most of those 7 years!  

Can't go wrong with Jayco quality - Keystone has good units and some not so good that I've seen.  Coachman used to be a top notch unit - I'm just not as familiar with them now.

As for size - 3' won't make a bit of difference.  I've gone from a 27 foot, to a 32 foot, to a 24 foot (kids wouldn't get OUT of the 32 footer), to the beast we have now. (42')

Enjoy which ever one you pick - just realize those munchkins grow out of bunkhouse beds WAAAAY too quickly!  LOL!