I saw Frozen last evening for the first time and do not see so much that would be lasting enough to invest in new productions/facilities at WDW.  Am I just too old or am I missing something.  It was a nice movie, but remake a section of one or more Parks?

It was good, but it wasn't The Lego Movie or How to Train Your Dragon 2 good.

It was at the box office.

The Lego Movie                        468 million

How to Train Your Dragon 2    618 million

for a total of                            1,086  million together world wide

Frozen                              1,300 Million  

But I'll have to take your word artistically as I have not seen the other two movies.   

​I really liked Frozen the first 100 times I was forced watch or listen by my GD but it really needs a rest now.  

I saw Frozen last evening for the first time and do not see so much that would be lasting enough to invest in new productions/facilities at WDW.  Am I just too old or am I missing something.  It was a nice movie, but remake a section of one or more Parks?

You and I are in the same camp.  It was a cute movie.  That's all.

I actually enjoyed Frozen, but I'm too the point I'm over it.

I disagree that it's just like all princess movies. One thing that I loved about it was that the princess doesn't need a man to save the day.

It also has catchy songs.

I think it will have the same staying power as The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

I disagree that it's just like all princess movies. One thing that I loved about it was that the princess doesn't need a man to save the day.

I think it will have the same staying power as The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

Yup, yup and yup

Agree X2

Exactly!
  • 2 weeks later...

In light of the current Hollywood trend to remake EVERYTHING  (Annie, The Equalizer, etc etc)  I am sincerely glad that Disney seems to at least be striving for new material (live action Beauty and the Beast non-withstanding…)

I thought Frozen was cute, but I'm a Dad with sons….so princess movies probably don't have quite the same impact on us….heh he.   Of course the occasional dust mote in my eye when "A Whole New World" starts is purely coincidental.

The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast are pretty hard to beat, but its great that a new generation of Princesses have Frozen for their favorite Disney characters.    (Merida is currently mine…wife's a red head too..)

Still get goosebumps when they Wonderful World of Disney music spools up…..8pm every Sunday Night…in my memories..