Disneyland 60 Diamond Celebration

New Fireworks, New world of Color, New Nightime Parade. All Starting May 22nd. I can't wait to go to Disneyland this summer. 

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/01/paint-the-night-parade-disneyland-forever-fireworks-new-world-of-color-announced-for-disneyland-60th-anniversary-celebration/

The Paint the Night parade sounds very cool!  But then I'm a sucker for a nighttime parade. 

I guess if I'm going to get myself to DL this year somehow, it should be after May 22nd.  B)

Hong Kong Disneyland already has the Paint the Night parade, and it's a big hit.

I just realized the kick-off date is May 22.

That's the Friday of Memorial Day weekend.

The last two 24 hour events were on that Friday.

I think you and Turkey Pants need to call Jason and get your flights scheduled.

TCD

Hong Kong Disneyland already has the Paint the Night parade, and it's a big hit.

TCD

A-HA!!!  I did not make that connection as the 22nd seemed early for Memorial Day, but that would make perfect sense!

[cue the wheels spinning in my head]

And hey... there will be these AWESOME POPCORN BUCKETS!!

Today, I have a sneak peek of the premium popcorn bucket which celebrates the iconic Mickey balloon, set to debut this May as part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration at Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park. Available in red, purple and blue – this bucket is perfect to hold your keepsakes long after your visit during the resort’s 60th anniversary celebration.

bpbdlr123456.jpg

Over the coming months, look for even more collectible souvenir fun and all-new art work on everything from popcorn buckets to hot mugs – as well as special limited-time treats and food and beverage offerings exclusive to the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration to be revealed.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/01/disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-60-years-of-popcorn/

And hey... there will be these AWESOME POPCORN BUCKETS!!

Still not impressed.

But, thanks so much for the link.  The comments are great.  This one is my favorite so far:

This bucket will stay until the end of the year?

I live in Brasil and I’ll be there in October can you tell me if it will be more celebrations? I was there in 1997 when the castle was like a giant cake to celebrate 25 years of magic.

(it's extra funny because this lady from Brasil is posting on an announcement about Disneyland's 60th birthday- the cake castle was at WDW).

TCD

TCD

Oh, we're going. Come hell or high water, we are going to a Disney park in May. :banana:

• 4 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Just last night, award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris hosted The Oscars® on ABC. So, where will his next big hosting gig take place? The Disneyland Resort!

nphdlr293847.jpg

Today, we’re pleased to announce that Neil will be joining Mickey Mouse as host of the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate!,” opening May 22 at Disney California Adventure park as part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. Neil, himself a fan of Disney Parks, will bring his unique style of humor and charm to this special edition of the popular “World of Color” show.

“World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” illuminates the night in a celebration of the unparalleled imagination of Walt Disney. Mickey Mouse and Neil take us on a fun-filled and inspirational journey, exploring Walt’s decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and his dream of Disneyland park, and culminating in a madcap musical tour of Disneyland Resort attractions as you’ve never seen them before!

Since its premiere in 2010, “World of Color” has amazed millions of Disney California Adventure park guests using a groundbreaking “stage” of nearly 1 full acre of engineered superstructure, longer than a football field. Nearly 1,200 programmable fountains and a vast underwater grid with more than 20,000 points of control send water to heights of up to 200 feet; shooting higher than Mickey’s Fun Wheel. The show employs nearly 30 high-definition projectors to take the audience on a journey through some of Disney’s most beloved animated moments.

The all-new “World of Color – Celebrate!” is just one part of our dazzling Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, which kicks off May 22 along with the new “Paint the Night” parade and the fully-immersive new “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular. We’ll have even more to tell you as we get closer, so keep following Disney Parks Blog and join the conversation with hashtag #Disneyland60.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/neil-patrick-harris-joins-mickey-mouse-as-host-of-the-all-new-world-of-color-show-for-the-disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration/

I'm thinking someone could do something really cool with those popcorn buckets....like make a Mickey lamp or even some large hanging Mickey lanterns for the campsite. 

Of course, they'd be the most expensive lanterns ever. 

But possibly the coolest!  8)

Oh and I just replaced the World of Color post above with the official Disney announcement.

• 4 weeks later...

Predictably, new merchandise too!

First Look at Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration Merchandise

We only have a few months to go before the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration begins. Is everyone as excited as I am? It was so tough to decide what to show you for a first look. So, I thought I would take you behind the scenes, into our Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration showroom, where you can see for yourselves some of the amazing items headed your way this May at the Disneyland Resort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_0MTnAkuEw

There’s so much more to see, so keep watching the Disney Parks Blog for Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration merchandise updates. And join the conversation with the hashtag #Disneyland60.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/first-look-at-disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-merchandise/

• 4 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Imagine winning a Disney Diamond or a Cinderella glass slipper, or enjoying a private excursion and dinner in Disneyland or Disney California Adventure park. Those are a few of the exciting prizes that will be awarded to some lucky guests during the Disneyland Diamond Days sweepstakes, part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration that begins May 22, 2015.

Disneyland Diamond Days is an exciting sweepstakes in which daily prizes are awarded to some visitors, on the day they are visiting, as part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. Daily prize winners must be present on the Disneyland Resort premises at the time of entry and at the time of prize redemption in order to be able to enjoy these special experiences, and theme park admission is not necessary to enter or win the sweepstakes.

diadia736871THUMB.jpg

diadia764882THUMB.jpg

In addition to the daily prizes, Disneyland Diamond Days will offer guests a weekly opportunity to win exceptional Disneyland Resort prizes and experiences. Appropriately, the most exciting prizes are authentic diamonds, custom-engraved for Disney! One and two-carat Disney Diamonds will be awarded throughout the celebration, and the one-carat Disney Diamonds will even be paired with a stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite. Other weekly prizes include a clear, crystal Cinderella slipper adorned with a diamond-and-topaz pendant, and unique experiences that only Disneyland can offer, such as a private party in Fantasyland, a romantic cruise aboard the Mark Twain Riverboat, or a tailgate party in Cars Land. The available prize will vary each week.

Full official rules will be available at Disneyland.com/DiamondDays on May 22, 2015.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., D.C., Mexico and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are age of majority as of date of entry. Specific prizes to be awarded in the weekly sweepstakes will be announced online at Disneyland.com/DiamondDays the preceding week. Sponsor: Disney Memories, 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/disneyland-diamond-days-sweepstakes-to-give-away-dazzling-prizes-during-disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration/

More from the Disney Parks Blog...

We’ve already shared some of the sparkling new decor, entertainment and merchandise coming for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration beginning May 22. Today, I’m excited to tell you that some of our biggest stars will also sparkle for the celebration!

dlrout293847.jpg

Disneyland park guests will have the chance to see Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Chip and Dale in these dazzling new duds in Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A., throughout the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. We’ll have more about the celebration to share with you soon, so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and join the conversation with the hashtag #Disneyland60!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/mickey-mouse-and-friends-to-wear-sparkling-new-ensembles-for-disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration/

OK, now I'm starting to be impressed.

The daily giveaways remind me of the Year of a Million Dreams promotion.  They're even giving away nights in their Dream Suite.  I liked it when they did that at WDW.

The TCD twins are excited that Disneyland CM's will have special 60th anniversary sparkly name tags to wear.

Disneyland is definitely the place to be this year.

TCD

Thanks for the link -

I would love to get one of those diamondy t-shirts and bomber jackets - top it off with diamond "ears"  -  very glittery.

During a behind-the-scenes media event at the Disneyland Resort yesterday, we shared a closer look at some of what is in store for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, beginning May 22. In the video below, you’ll hear thoughts from Steve Davison, vice president of Parades and Spectaculars, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment, on the new nighttime spectaculars currently in development … and watch to the end for your first look at the “Cars” story from the new “Paint the Night” parade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCpwaVLlc_4

Be sure to catch “World of Color: Celebrate!,” “Disneyland Forever” fireworks and “Paint the Night” parade, part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration beginning May 22, and join the conversation with the hashtag #Disneyland60!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/closer-look-at-nighttime-entertainment-and-more-coming-for-disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration/