Momofmany's sort of a TR

Thanks for sharing your photos.

You have a beautiful family.

About the folks cutting through your site, this is another example of the ineptness of the current Fort Wilderness management.

It wasn't too long ago that there was actually wilderness at Fort Wilderness.  There was natural vegetation between the sites that it wasn't possible to cut through loops and campsites like people do now.

Back then, there were designated paths for shortcuts that would help guests.  For example, there was a marked path that led from the inner loop of the 1400 loop to the comfort station.  That way guests didn't have to walk the long way around.  The path went between two campsites on the outer loop, but it was marked and even had a light post at each end.  In the 800 loop, there were several paths that led to the comfort station, so that guests could cut through to the center of the loop, and not have to take the long way around.  Those paths got lost in the shuffle when the current management decided to deforest the Fort.

Which leads me to my point: there used to be designated paths between sites 1307 and 1308 which were shortcuts to the 1600 loop bus stop.  They are even shown on the top secret CM-only Fort Wilderness map:

1300_zpsniy1mpc7.jpg

Guests ought to be able to cut through the 1300 loop to get to the 1600 loop bus stop.  It's a fail on management's part that they no longer maintain a designated path for guests to use.

TCD

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We also got to see my favorite, the gorillas. I didn't get any pictures of the moms and adorable babies, but I got this picture of one of the males with his blanket on. <br />

On Monday we decided that we would visit Krispy Kreme to get some hot and ready donuts to bring back to the site. <br />20150202_093004_zpsupxg68r8.jpg<br />After enjoying the nice morning, we had to do some dreaded grocery shoppping. I hate having to grocery shop while we are here. It's a necessity once or twice a week though with 10 of us to feed. We were originally going to go to DTD, but we decided to just stay at the Fort and relax instead.<br />Tuesday morning we headed back to HS. The guys rode Star Tours which was walk on and then we rode TSM with our FP+. After we rode, we met this guy:<br />20150203_101906_zps4oqxdrpc.jpg<br />Next we all rode TGMR and then while some of the boys did the animation academy, the girls and I found Minnie :<br />20150203_104100_zps6n2p7qgu.jpg<br />

For lunch we decided to try ABC Comissary. We usually eat at Backlot Express, but decided to switch this time. I had the New York Strip. It was ok. <br />20150203_122833_zps1mqte4dx.jpg<br />Bill had the salmon and said it was good. <br />20150203_122821_zpsy8nn6ctf.jpg<br />One son had the chicken club, it was really good.<br />20150203_122837_zpsoyhaq4zs.jpg<br />We ended the day with One Man's Dream.<br />20150203_153911_zpsbwcqh1aq.jpg<br />And I just have to throw thus cute one in of the baby with baby Goofy.<br /> 20150201_172508_zps2n0badbj.jpg

Thank you, TCD!<br />So to get to the one path, you did have to actually go into site 1307 first? I really don't understand why anyone would need to get to that bus stop when the other one isn't a far walk at all.<br />

The path was right next to the slab for site 1307.  The slab is wider now than it was then, and, as I mentioned, there used to be wilderness which shielded the site from the path.

You do raise a good point- what's the advantage of walking to the 1600 loop bus stop, rather than just walking around to the front of the loop?  Currently the advantage would be a non-stop ride on the Yellow route to the Outpost from there, as opposed to having to stop at all the cabin bus stops with the Orange route.  But, that wasn't the case when those paths were first created.

So, who knows?

TCD

Great pix. Boy your kids are so adorable.

Looks like y'all had a good turn out of fiends at G&G's site. Who was that guy in the baseball cap and glasses? He looks familiar. Lol.

Tell the Schmuckface I said hello.

Looks Like A Perfect Place For A Cloths Line ;0)

Or a pit bull.

Bill thinks the people walking through will just destroy anything we try to put in their path. We have asked some.of them not to walk through there and they get very irate. A pit bull would do the trick though, quite well.

Thanks for the compliment about the kids, we tend to agree.

Is it that cold there? I keep noticing that most of you are wearing jeans and sweatshirts. Have you been able to swim at all?

It is that cold. Most days start out in the 40's and warm to the high 60's. Today was only the high 50's. We haven't swam at all, but there are always a few people in the pool.

I left off on Thursday, which was a big day for us. On our trip last fall, we got annual passes, but didn't get them until a week before we left, so we didn't get fp+ for several things we wanted to do. One of those things was for the girls to meet Anna and Elsa. Before this trip, I got on right at out 60 days out and was able to book Anna and Elsa partway into our trip. So, this was the big day. We got to the park shortly after 9, the sky was looking very dark and we didn't have to be anywhere right away so we ducked into the shops on main street before the rain hit. We got to talking to a CM in the confectionery and at one point one of the girls started crying. The kind CM tried very hard to talk her out of her crying to no avail. She then gave us two free bags of cotton candy which stopped the crying right away.