I checked out of 1506 this morning. Group checking in has reserved the whole loop, according to the person I talked to they have 600 people coming in today. They were setting tents up all over the place and had a pile of firewood you couldn't have fit in a pickup truck. One comfort station for 600 sounds crowded.

You are not saying 600 people are going to be on the 1500 loop, That would be nuts.  that's 28 people per site and yea that's more than crowded.  It could be done in the 2000 loop but I would not want to be there.  If you meant that there would be 600 people total checking in to the fort today then that's probable an average holiday weekend Friday. 

He said the group was Pro Dad and it is their 4th year there. Had 100 first year, 300 2nd year, 500 last year and expect 600 this year. Had one site taken over by a pro catering business. They also had a few sites in 1600 for rvs. I think this has something to do with Tony Dungy. I am glad I was leaving.

Mercy... so thankful that we are not there.  It might not be horrible, if Disney put them in the 2000 loop by themselves... but doesn't sound like this is what has happened, in years past. I hope Disney enforces some rules.  I know that's hopeful, but not probable... which means that some innocent families will, sadly, be inconvenienced :(   

He said the group was Pro Dad and it is their 4th year there. Had 100 first year, 300 2nd year, 500 last year and expect 600 this year. Had one site taken over by a pro catering business. They also had a few sites in 1600 for rvs. I think this has something to do with Tony Dungy. I am glad I was leaving.

Yup, that's them.

They took over 1500 this same weekend last year: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12110-big-party-ahead-in-1500/

Grumpy reported that they were a respectful group.

That's nice.

But it's not nice for the greedy Fort managers to pack too many people on the 1500 loop.

Phooey.

TCD

But it's not nice for the greedy Fort managers to pack too many people on the 1500 loop.

Phooey.

TCD

Respectful is great, but sheesh!!

At least if they'd put them out in 2000 they'd have had the whole CS to themselves and wouldn't have impacted anyone else. 

I don't see how it's possible they aren't going to impact the 1600 loop also. And I shudder to think of the condition of those CS this weekend...

When Tony's son died it was a huge shock. His testimony is great as is his conduct on and off the field . If this is that group a lot of dads will be encouraged and lifted up this weekend. 

No doubt.

I attended a big prayer meeting that Tony hosted the last time the Superbowl was in Tampa.  He is an amazing man.  And a great role model.

But Tony isn't going to be at the Fort this weekend.  It's a bunch of families from a charter (secular) school who belong to the All Pro Dads group.

TCD