(Or the website is broke).

I actually have the evening off and thought I'd look and see where I could have dinner tonite. Managed to snag a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest, but then went to see about some random FP+ for this evening, and ALL FOUR PARKS have ALL FP+ distributed for the day.

(Or the website is broke).

I actually have the evening off and thought I'd look and see where I could have dinner tonite. Managed to snag a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest, but then went to see about some random FP+ for this evening, and ALL FOUR PARKS have ALL FP+ distributed for the day.

Really? Even on July 4th I was able to get some. I wonder if it's the website. 

Just returned from a 2 day weekend at Disney. Spent the day at DHS studios on Saturday. A lot of people, but not too bad. MK today and it was crazy full. Stayed at pop century and the place was mobbed. Ran into a lot of bad Disney customer service. I might mention the 10 or so things in another post

Well, I just spent the evening at MK and had a perfectly lovely time. Yes, all the headliners had crazy waits, but didn't worry about that. I had short waits on Carousel of Progress (but a long ride, saw three of the theaters twice..... LOL), Monster's Inc, People Mover, Tiki Room, and took a round trip on the train. Was shocked when I looked at dining this afternoon and a reservation was open at Be Our Guest! Had a fabulous dinner there..... Had the Duck, yummmmm!

I also had some clam chowder and fries early in the afternoon at Columbia Harbour House, went upstairs and almost had the place to myself. 

I did not get to see the fireworks, was in the restaurant during that time, and got out of Main Street in between the fireworks and the 2nd parade. The monorail lines were crazy long, but they had all three ferries running, so walked right onto a ferry, then skipped the tram lines and continued the walk to my car in Simba. (Which I think is actually a first for me. Very rarely park in a theme park lot, and usually in handicapped with Rick's tags.) I bought yet another Magic Band today. They have a true Sorceror Mickey MB with fireworks. Found some very nice empty benches during my wanderings and simply watched the castle change colors.

Spent a lovely bit of time chatting with a custodial guy. Very funny and he loves the parks and his job.

Oh, and Mo probably announced it, but I missed it. The SMB Ariel Under the Sea ride is closed right now.

So I guess, it's all about perspective. I was perfectly happy to just be there and enjoy being in the park. Yes, most of the lines were long, but at least you could still walk.

Oh, and one last comment, the waterfront villas at the Poly look to be almost done. When I left on the ferry, you could even see inside most of them, and they had furnishings and paintings on the walls. The end ones are crazy close to the ferry docks. I'm wondering if they will now lower the volume of the ferry horns .

Really? Even on July 4th I was able to get some. I wonder if it's the website. 

Yup, MDE was down for a good part of Saturday.  That meant no one could book new FP+'s, or make changes to existing ones.  The FP+ scanners at the rides were working erratically, or not at all.

Imagine that mess on a busy day.

They really couldn't have messed this up any worse if they tried.

TCD

Oh, and one last comment, the waterfront villas at the Poly look to be almost done. When I left on the ferry, you could even see inside most of them, and they had furnishings and paintings on the walls. The end ones are crazy close to the ferry docks. I'm wondering if they will now lower the volume of the ferry horns .

Good point!  We took the ferry to/from TTC in November and I was really surprised how close they are. 

Yup, MDE was down for a good part of Saturday.  That meant no one could book new FP+'s, or make changes to existing ones.  The FP+ scanners at the rides were working erratically, or not at all.

Imagine that mess on a busy day.

They really couldn't have messed this up any worse if they tried.

TCD

And a lot of rides were down. Pirates was down all day. So was Everest, I heard. Bad week to be there on vacation; lots of breakdowns.

And a lot of rides were down. Pirates was down all day. So was Everest, I heard. Bad week to be there on vacation; lots of breakdowns.

I guess we were lucky. Was there from the 11th to the 16th. Never had a ride problem and everything was working on POTC.

Saturday afternoon this was the crowd level at DHS:

20150214_175521_zpsww3kawbz.jpg

I do feel that the crowds picked up on Sunday and we had a Fort day on Monday finished by a nice supper at Citricos. 

We made the mistake of Mardi Gras with Presidents day in 2012. In looking at the dates this year, Shardi came up with the plan that if the kids were going to miss three days of school, why not miss the last three days the week before Mardi Gras and hopefully beat some of the crowd. Her plan worked Beautifully! We may just do it that way again.

We made the mistake of Mardi Gras with Presidents day in 2012. In looking at the dates this year, Shardi came up with the plan that if the kids were going to miss three days of school, why not miss the last three days the week before Mardi Gras and hopefully beat some of the crowd. Her plan worked Beautifully! We may just do it that way again.

And y'all lucked in to some much nicer weather.  There was quite a bit of rain yesterday and it has gotten a lot colder than it was over the weekend.  So, your choice paid off with the weather too.

TCD

The weather was great. A bit chilly at times, but never so cold as to be miserable. Thursday was a bit chilly but we made three rides on Splash Mountain in under an hour, in the front row on all three rides. My son was over joyed, but called it quits after 3 rides, that and I had to get back to get changed for a special supper.