Best time to "Arrive" at FW entrance?

Sorry if this is a thread that I didn't find - searched and couldn't find this exactly.  After seeing some of the TR pics where there  is NO traffic at the FW entrance, I thought I'd ask!

We usually try to arrive about 3pm - evidently this is not the best idea?

I think day of the week and time of year factor in as much as time of day.

The last few years we've arrived between 10am-noon on a Friday  in Oct/Nov and have rarely had a wait.

That said, even during the slower weeks we've been there, there is usually a check-in line Sunday afternoons - which makes sense as there's also usually an exodus of the weekenders Sunday morning.

I think Mo hit the nail on the head. Day of week/time of year is a major factor. If you check in on a Sunday you may wait for a Florida resident weekend warrior to vacate a site for you to move into. If I can work out the schedule I like a mid week arrival. We generally drive into Fla., at least to the welcome rest area. We catch a nap in the camper then get up early to get through (read that as miss) Orlando rush hour traffic and into the Fort early. We are lucky that we have never had to wait for a site, but then again, we like the 1900 loop which seems to be the red haired step child of loops.......

We've actually been talking about going back to arriving on Sunday instead of Friday.  It seems we had much better luck getting our requested site when we checked in on Sunday, than we have on a Friday, even when we've gotten there fairly early in the day.

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing that a lot of the weekend traffic folks may be coming in Thursday night for a long weekend or super early Friday morning.

From my perspective anytime I can arrive at the FW check in is a good time!

Seriously though we have typically been there mid day on Saturdays and rarely had to wait more than one car ahead of us.  All the lanes are usually open.  We also fax in our site requests and have been very lucky about getting a site we wanted.

Enjoy your trip!

Since I make several short visits to the Fort each year, I think I have more check-in experience than any other Fiend.

In my experience, the time of day has nothing to do with how long you're going to wait to check in.  I've been when it was busy, but they've only had a couple of the check-in lanes open.  I've been when it's slow, and they have all the lanes open.  And, you could pick the shortest line, and end up waiting behind some knucklehead who is asking a million questions and making changes to his reservation.  You could also be delayed by a clueless castmember who they stuck out in the check in lanes to cover an open spot.

There's no way to know.

And don't worry about it.

After you pass the guard shack, you're at the Fort.  Who cares how long it takes to check in?  I've never had to wait too long. Never.

TCD

Since I make several short visits to the Fort each year, I think I have more check-in experience than any other Fiend.

In my experience, the time of day has nothing to do with how long you're going to wait to check in.  I've been when it was busy, but they've only had a couple of the check-in lanes open.  I've been when it's slow, and they have all the lanes open.  And, you could pick the shortest line, and end up waiting behind some knucklehead who is asking a million questions and making changes to his reservation.  You could also be delayed by a clueless castmember who they stuck out in the check in lanes to cover an open spot.

There's no way to know.

After you pass the guard shack, you're at the Fort.  Who cares how long it takes to check in?  I've never had to wait too long. Never.

TCD

Great Point!!!!

There's no way to know.

TCD

Agree 100% with this.  We stay at the fort about 8 - 10 times a year.  We only have about a 30 minute drive, but we take our time and get there between 12:30 and 1:30.  Only one time was the wait excessive, and that was due to a failure of their reservation system.