Ok- my wife and I are trying to sneak away for a long Memorial Day weekend. But the costs are adding up- it is making me wonder if I can squeeze a big rig (42' fifth wheel) into a full hookup site? Has anyone done it? Or am I just looking at angst and heartache getting parked?

Thanks, Grumpy and Grandma- we were able to fit onto a Preferred site. It seems that the preferreds and full hookup sites are functionally equivalent- the designation just has to do with the location of the sites in the campground.

Though, being a worrier- with it being a holiday weekend and we'd arrive Thursday, I do wonder if other people's cars are going to be a problem.

Yes, there is a sidewalk that runs from the exit of the "cloverleaf" throughout the campground. When you get to the 1600-1900 Bus Stop, hang a left at the sidewalk, then take the next sidewalk going left just before the 4-way stop, and it goes all the way to the outpost. Probably 1/2 mile.

Within the 4 loops and the internal road to the bus stop, there are not sidewalks, just loop roadway.

If you got into a preferred site then FH should be much easier.  When the old FH sites were turned into the now premium very few sites were lengthened. They just paved over the pad, added about 2' or so to the width and widened the entrance.  They also changed out the grills and picnic tables. There are longer and shorter sites in all level of campsites. They are laid out by the lay of the land so to speak. As others have said just be sure to disclose your  rigs size when booking.  

Ok- my wife and I are trying to sneak away for a long Memorial Day weekend. But the costs are adding up- it is making me wonder if I can squeeze a big rig (42' fifth wheel) into a full hookup site? Has anyone done it? Or am I just looking at angst and heartache getting parked?

We had our 5er (42') in the 1800 loop last May and I would do it again if I had to. I had the exactly 10' from the back of the 5er to the back of the sand pad, the easy up was a perfect fit.

DSC00668_zpsbeeac15e.jpg

I did have to park the truck off to the side to gain a little room, but was sure not to violate any rules by putting any tire in the grass dirt.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry was on my tablet and stupid thumb hit the down arrow. I apologize was completely by accident.