As of this minute., FortFiends.net is at 1925 members, with 84 people joining just since the beginning of 2015!!

Even better, so many of the newest Fiends have jumped in with both feet and started posting.  In fact the percentage of new people who post (vs lurk) is on the rise all the time.

Since FortFiends is what all those that contribute make it, thanks to everyone that's helped get us to where we are, and helped us continue to grow!

So spread the word to your Disney and camping-loving friends and family to join us. And for those of you still lurking in the shadows... come on in, the water's fine.  B)

Remember, you don't have to be a Fort expert, or a WDW expert, or an expert on anything really, to contribute.  Add your humor, your questions, your photos, or even just your opinion.  The more the merrier!! 

:bf-birddancingsmiley:

And to think some folks probably did not think we would last

Hah!  I don't doubt a whole bunch of people didn't think it would last, much less just keep growing and growing and growing...  8)

You are afraid?  What about me?  I am offended!  

I am amused.  :rofl2:

Can someone pm me and tell me the story? I'd love to hear it

No need to PM, I think we're all pretty proud of our Snarky past and all that led us here.  :)

Here's the Reader's Digest version...

A bunch of us used to hang out on another camping forum and our Snarkiness and shenanigans were not appreciated by a few of the other members - in particular some that liked to go crying to the moderators any time someone posted something they didn't like.

Cut to a whole lot of cupcakes, and a reply of "No" by FWG to a "is it worth it" question, and the banning began.

Many that weren't banned left of their own accord anyway, when it became apparent that the sandbox was no longer going to be any fun to play in.

Cut to Auburns Jen & Chris coming up with the genius idea of building a new sandbox and the business of tracking down all the MIA Fiends that scattered to the interwebz winds began, while those at the old place that stuck around said "let them go, who needs 'em, thousands will take their places."  This new place would not be like other places that are heavily moderated by a select group.  Everyone is expected to be a grown-up, sort of, and moderate themselves.  If you say something stupid or out of line, no one is crying to the principal, but you can count on being called out about it right out in the open.  People disagree (there's a whole board for that) but people are expected to respect each other and play nice, and if not... well put on your big boy/girl pants and sort yourselves out because no one is going to do it for you.

bing-bang-boom

It's now 4+ years later, and the original 30-ish has grown to nearly 2000. We have more than 430k posts. We have a trip report forum with 620 threads and more than 71k views!

All a far cry from the old place.  I won't compare the 2 because there simply is no comparison - in numbers, information, posts, community, threads, trip reports... really anything - plus I don't like bothering to even bring it up and get it any attention. Suffice to say it's a shell of its former self and hasn't grown at all since "the big flush" - quite the contrary in fact. 

Meanwhile Fiends put out their signs (some times of the year there's hardly a loop without one!), meet, visit, hold massive Grand Gatherings all over the country, post terrific and entertaining TRs, share great information, and help each other out when in need. Some have left over the years.  Sometimes they return (and are always welcome to!) but sometimes life takes them other places.  However more have joined on since those early days, and have become as much a part of Fiendom as the original rag-tag bunch of internet castaways. And the Fiend family keeps on growing!!

And yeah... I'll never get a job at Readers Digest.  B)