Just tried to make a purchase from Trails Inn and couldn't pay with my MB. The story we got was that the IT group is in the process of making a move to a new system and caused the outage for all of the parks and resorts. We were told that you can't pay with the MB, FP+ isn't working and people can't get into their rooms at any of the resorts. Not a very magical evening for some people.

Just tried to make a purchase from Trails Inn and couldn't pay with my MB. The story we got was that the IT group is in the process of making a move to a new system and caused the outage for all of the parks and resorts. We were told that you can't pay with the MB, FP+ isn't working and people can't get into their rooms at any of the resorts. Not a very magical evening for some people.

That one part would be pretty aggravating.  

2 words....

Contingency Plan??

Although I'm skeptical of IT story.  It makes no sense to plan to do anything that could risk the entire system going down during waking hours.  If you're going to do something like that, you do it at 3am when it impacts the least number of people.  Unless something happened and they didn't have a choice.

If the whole system really is down for any length of time, that's going to be a cluster@#$% of epic proportions.

Trails inn does not accept magic bands. Trails end does. Where is this trails inn you speak of....lol

Just be very careful with it Gwen. With no support for fixing holes that are found its a potential open door for the bad guys. 

I only use it while on vacation, mainly to type up notes for my TR, upload photos, and make FP+ and ADRs..  Thanks for the warning.

Hey, I'm still running XP on my laptop!  Actually I need to upgrade the laptop but I don't want to give up XP.

Windows 7 is the closest to XP.

I had to order a used desktop off of Amazon to get one with 7 once 8 came out. My wife was used to XP and hated her sisters laptop with 8 on it.

The newest version of 8 I think let's you use it like 7.

Windows 7 is the closest to XP.

I had to order a used desktop off of Amazon to get one with 7 once 8 came out. My wife was used to XP and hated her sisters laptop with 8 on it.

The newest version of 8 I think let's you use it like 7.

Yeah you can configure 8 to look just like 7 now. Works well on my work laptop. I keep forgetting its 8.