The never ending cruise!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those tag fairies are REALLY missing out today.  

Someone should alert Chris and Jen, obviously your account is hacked!

Let's go on with our first day at sea. We hung out on the Lido deck next to the pool and bar. If you've ever been on a cruise you know that they love to play the line dancing songs. And this cruise

Let's go on with our first day at sea. We hung out on the Lido deck next to the pool and bar. If you've ever been on a cruise you know that they love to play the line dancing songs. And this cruise was no different. This cruise being a spring break cruise it was packed with tons of college kids. Mainly from Texas and oklahoma and you know what? they all pretty much behaved themselves. Here's a pix of DD doing a line dance with some of her cousins and a few hundred other spring breakers.

image_zps9xa1zgqz.jpg

We had the early dining (6:00pm) so we went and got ready for dinner.

This was one of my favorite memories of our trip. Only because I have a sick personality. Lol.

My FIL loves getting the young ones to try escargot. He offers them $100 if they eat one.

This is a pic of my great nephew (5) about to try escargot.

He looks pretty happy. Doesn't he?

image_zpss6a0l3tm.jpg

He took one bite and almost lost it.

Here's what he looks like as he's about to lose his lunch.

image_zps7htk0aiq.jpg

Luckily I got him to spit it out before he did. Grampa gave him $20 for trying. Lol.

image_zpsr2bkqs9a.jpg

My great niece was smarter. She just shallowed it without chewing it.

image_zpsbe2cdkfc.jpg

That was an easy $100 for her.

Dinner was delicious. I started with a nice garden salad.

image_zps42ndbrcm.jpg

Then prime rib with lobster. Due to my allergies I only had one small bite of the lobster and my DW enjoyed the rest.

image_zpsy3mc8qea.jpg

image_zpsry1xmvqi.jpg

Before dessert I cleansed my palate with a nice cheese course. Yummy!

image_zpslaqmti9p.jpg

For dessert I had an awesome bread pudding. It was delicious

image_zpsisfx83kj.jpg

After dinner I took DD and my great nephew and niece around the ship as some of the adults did adult stuff. We stopped and took a few pic.

image_zpslccz7zgy.jpg

The next day we arrived in Cozumel and half the group went to a beach on the south end of the island while we went to our favorite dive shop.

Papa Hog's Scuba Emporium.

image_zps5tjlpx9u.jpg

DD has wanted to go scuba diving for years but DW has always said she's to young. Well she's now 10 years old and technically old enough to learn. So that is what we did. I took her on a Bubble Maker dive. She geared up just like any diver would and I have her a little tutorial.

image_zpswhu6vuqy.jpg

image_zpsdizcspsr.jpg

image_zpsksrkuwei.jpg

image_zps8gmwycpv.jpg

image_zpsztn3hbdc.jpg

She loved it. Towards the end of our dive I took her towards the shore in about 5-6' of water and actually let her dive to the bottom.

image_zpsx2hmbpda.jpg

The two boats in the background are the Carnival Glory and Triumph

She did great and this summer we will be in the swimming pool practicing so next time we go I can take her on a open water dive.

I'm getting close to photo limit so I'll get some more pix uploaded for another update real soon

Ray

What's the walkie talkie for on the table?

$100 wouldn't be enough for me to try it. Yuck. I tried clams once (at the state fair, it's a miracle I survived to tell this story) and no one explained that you don't keep chewing until their gone because they don't go away. It was awful. So no creatures like that for me.

Your dd looks so tiny with that air pack on!

Bread pudding is always a good thing!

People complain about Carnival food, but that looks good!

I love that you're teaching DD to scuba dive. She looks like a natural.

I don't know why they complain. We've cruised carnival more than any other cruise line and with the exception of DCL and Princess cruises. Carnivals is the top notch. It's better than any food we've had on RCCL or NCL.

She is a natural. We had her on our boat when she was less than a month old. She's our water baby.

I could eat that bread pudding right now. Looks mighty tasty.

Very cool that you are teaching the diving....but be careful. The day will come when boys will find that to be a very cool thing that she knows. Remember....boys=bad. LOL.

I wish they would have had that bread pudding again. It was delicious.

Don't worry. I've already got the reputation with her friends that I'm crazy and a trained killer.

And a few years ago I took her to her friends b-day party and while talking to another father he asked what I did in the navy and I told him I was a Sea Bee and some little boy thought I said Seal and he told some other boys and now they fear me. And trust me I'm not going to correct them. :rofl:

Very cool that DD got to start diving!

Pood forn looks pretty darned yummy.

Oh and I've just found my new retirement plan... go to dinner with your FIL and order a bucket of escargot. Mmmmm.... snails.... :)

She really loved diving.

I didn't have a bad meal all week.

Sorry but he only does when GRANDKIDS are grossed out by him eating them. Trust me I've tried. Lol.

What's the walkie talkie for on the table?

$100 wouldn't be enough for me to try it. Yuck. I tried clams once (at the state fair, it's a miracle I survived to tell this story) and no one explained that you don't keep chewing until their gone because they don't go away. It was awful. So no creatures like that for me.

Your dd looks so tiny with that air pack on!

Bread pudding is always a good thing!

There's no cell phone service on the ships. (Well there actually is but it's very expensive.). So we give the teenage kids warlike talkies so we can find them.

Yeah if you don't like clams you won't like snails.

DD is 10 And that's the smallest tank they make. It's a little big but once she was in the water it was fine.

And that bread pudding was awesome.

That food looks wonderful! Your dd learning to dive is great.

The food was awesome. I did think about you once when getting a burger. The gal in front of me ordered it with out a bun. I don't think it would be very hard to do go carb free on a cruise ship. There are so many dining options.

She's been wanting to learn for a while.