Jason doesn't believe me that there isn't a service that will fill your propane tank at the Fort. I'm not talking about the kind of tank you can drop off. I mean the ones that are in the RV.

So educate me... Is there a company that will come do that?

I had to have mine filled lat October. I took it to the Meadows in the AM and they had it back to me in the afternoon. Price was per gallon and they would do partial fills. I don't know who they contract with as I handled it all through the Meadows store. The per gallon price seemed to be similar to what I had seen at other campgrounds that filled propane bottles.

Sorry misread your post and didn't connect you are probably talking about permanently mounted tanks. I would still talk to the Meadows and see if they will give the contractor name. Since they are already on site they might be willing to come by your site.

Jason doesn't believe me that there isn't a service that will fill your propane tank at the Fort. I'm not talking about the kind of tank you can drop off. I mean the ones that are in the RV.

So educate me... Is there a company that will come do that?

What do you need propane for with your herd of Eggs?

I would think you need a lump charcoal deliver truck!

What do you need propane for with your herd of Eggs?

I would think you need a lump charcoal deliver truck!

Herd of Eggs... haha, that's funny  :lol:

Was garage selling the other day Kell and thought of you... someone was selling awning lights; they were mini Eggs :)

Do all Flyingg Js have them?

According to their website... yes.   http://www.pilotflyingj.com/rv-amenities

In case I am not the only person new to learning this, don't forget to travel with the propane shut OFF.

I travel with mine on, that is how I keep my refrigerator running while traveling. Never had a problem.

Best Regards,

Norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I travel with mine on, that is how I keep my refrigerator running while traveling. Never had a problem.

Best Regards,

Norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We always did too (for the fridge), but just caught a video on the dangers of driving with them on.  The only real danger, is if you're in an accident... then it can be (very) dangerous. 

We always did too (for the fridge), but just caught a video on the dangers of driving with them on.  The only real danger, is if you're in an accident... then it can be (very) dangerous. 

I'm guessing that if you're in a big enough accident to affect your propane, it's not going to matter much if it was on or off.

In case I am not the only person new to learning this, don't forget to travel with the propane shut OFF.

Never turned it off in 37 years except when going thru a restricted tunnel. And when we first started pulling a TT it had a constant pilot light, today they are all electronic ignition.

Do all Flyingg Js have them?

According to their website... yes.   http://www.pilotflyingj.com/rv-amenities

Follow the link above from Nacole, then download the travel guide.  I printed one out last week.  According to the guide, not all locations have bulk propane.

Never turned it off in 37 years except when going thru a restricted tunnel. And when we first started pulling a TT it had a constant pilot light, today they are all electronic ignition.

Yep... I would have never thought about it.  Again (as I understood the video) the real danger is if you're in an accident.  Something I saw this past week and thought was interesting.  I'm sure a lot (if not most) of RV drivers travel with the gas on.

I haunt another RV group where the subject of leaving your propane on or off while traveling will generated 8 or 10 pages of argument and debate one way or another. Speaking just for me, we turn ours on the night before a trip so the fridge gets cold before we leave... It stays on, (yes, even when fueling at gas stations) until I unload at the end of our trip.

This saved me one day. We tripped the breaker on the pedestal while we were away for several hours. Fridge switched back to gas and kept everything cold.

I have not exploded on the highway or blown up any gas stations so far. :)